Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:48   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit
Come on Guys,nobody faced this problem?
Experts,please guide me
Did you get the bushes checked? It seems like a worn out bush somewhere.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:19   #2207
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Experts,please guide me
I don't think there should be any mechanical problem. May be the sound is coming fom the plastic coverings fitted on the underside of the engine compartment/bumper. Sometimes stones trapped in the tyre treads also make such noises. Please check.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:33   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
I have the easiest way out- i simply do not have any cash . So, I might agree to the green colour provided:
1. They deliver it this weekend
2. They compensate me in one way or other for me compromising on the colour choice. What say?
Congrats on booking the beat, hope you get one of your color choice asap.

Since you booked recently in bangalore, some qs for you:

1. What are the offers/freebies on Beat Petrol ? I assume absolutely nothing on Diesel.

2. Did you ask about the service centers ? My experience with opel has been that while the GM service centers are good, they are overloaded. Prior booking is required and at times there is waiting for few days. With news of Sundaram closing down by Dec-end, i fear things will get worse.

3. When did you book, and what are the waiting periods like for petrol/diesel ?

Have been deciding on an Alto replacement for sometime now. Beat seems to be a good option - it seems the build and ride quality are good. I did one TD where SA took me over bad road patches and car rode well.

Main concern is boot space, will check that atleast my baby's pram fits in. Given the car's width is 1595 mm, hoping that boot will have the 3.5-4 feet space i need for that
Old 4th November 2011, 00:02   #2209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
I don't think there should be any mechanical problem. May be the sound is coming fom the plastic coverings fitted on the underside of the engine compartment/bumper. Sometimes stones trapped in the tyre treads also make such noises. Please check.
But then, he hears it only when he climb a hump or while breaking. Is it loud enough? I am suspecting a bush on the arm, but isn't it early for a bush failure at 11k? It is better you take it to the service center if you feel the sound problematic.

I had a unique faint sound from the front right side of the car when it was new. Like something near the steering seemed broken. I got under the car and did a check myself pulling on each rods. I found both the drive shafts a little loosely coupled and I could make a small metal contact sound with my hand pull. Is it so?

I guessed it could not be the drive shaft, so I took to the service center, but after a test ride, they were not able to detect it. Upon 1k service, I left the vehicle with them and it took half a day for them to find out what the issue was. Also, I had excessive vibration on the steering when the cooling fan went on. They told it was something related to balance weights. I did not understand much or they did not want me to understand much. Though, in the bill, it was written as front caliper. I wonder what it is!

In the first instance, I do not know why such an issue crept up in a brand new car. But, I am happy that they solved the issue a second time, although without charging me.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:15   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Experts,please guide me
I had a similar problem but not exactly like yours, I used to hear a thud sound from front when I apply the brake for the first time after 2-3 days lying idle which was duly corrected once all four brake assy was cleaned and lubed.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:03   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Congrats on booking the beat, hope you get one of your color choice asap.

Since you booked recently in bangalore, some qs for you:

1. What are the offers/freebies on Beat Petrol ? I assume absolutely nothing on Diesel.

2. Did you ask about the service centers ? My experience with opel has been that while the GM service centers are good, they are overloaded. Prior booking is required and at times there is waiting for few days. With news of Sundaram closing down by Dec-end, i fear things will get worse.

3. When did you book, and what are the waiting periods like for petrol/diesel ?

Have been deciding on an Alto replacement for sometime now. Beat seems to be a good option - it seems the build and ride quality are good. I did one TD where SA took me over bad road patches and car rode well.

Main concern is boot space, will check that atleast my baby's pram fits in. Given the car's width is 1595 mm, hoping that boot will have the 3.5-4 feet space i need for that

Couldnt get my choice of colour as the one in yard was a damaged piece..Settled for Cocktail Green which was wifey's choice anyway

In offers, I havge got free Insurance worth 14K , cash discount of 18K , music system,mud flaps, floor mats. Need to haggle for more today as I am not getting my choice of colour. No freebies / basic freebies for diesel though.

kropex is very close to where I stay , so no issues with service center- yet.

I booked on 16th October and most probably will get my car this sunday i.e 6th Nov. It was delayed due to holidays in between.

I also had the concern for boot space but saw that my bab's pram fits in it Also go for LS /LT as they have 60:40 split / foldaway rear seats.

All the best buddy.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:45   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am still not happy on why the dealer is charging an extra 4500/- terming the super red color as metallic. It IS a flat paint, not metallic. It does not have any metallic shimmers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Are you serious? The dealer charged you 4.5k stating Super red as a metallic color!
If i recall correctly, the dealer had leaflets clearly indicating Red, Black and White as non-metallic colors and even the metallic Misty Lake color did not attract any premium over solid colors.
I think you rightfully deserve a 4.5k refund (even 4.5k worth of accessories if that suits you and the dealer refuses a cash return).
Quote:
Dude, I was also charged Rs 3000 extra when i booked my super red BEAT last week. Should I contact someone else in customer care?
EDIT: I just contacted Chevrolet Customer care and they say that super red is NOT a metallic colour . Double
Yes, the Red used in Beat is not metallic paint but it's always been a premium colour. Only White and red are normal colours as far as Chevy India is concerned. Some dealers waive off this premium as a goodwill gesture.
This is becoming a standard practice across the auto industry.
Fiat charges Rs.4000 for it's wine red and Light blue Puntos.
Even TVS motors is charging a Rs.1500 premium for it's yellow coloured Apaches.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:58   #2213
BHPian

Metallic/Non- metallic dispute has been put to rest The Red Beat was damaged a bit in the front fender and so, we opted for a Cocktail green. I was wary of the colour, but in fact it grows on you after a while. Got my Beatie yesterday i.e Sunday 6th November 2011. A red Letter day in my life!!! In addition to the freebies mentioned earlier, I was given tints and Car cover for not getting my preferred shade of colour. Hope to receive my number plated today
Old 7th November 2011, 11:28   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I called up the service center to inquire about the low FE of my Beat. I told the SA that I know many Beats with good FE. The reply I got was I have to wait till 2 services to improve the fuel efficiency. The SA told that they will tune the engine then! That it will improve the FE to 14-15 minimum! I asked if it is mechanically tuned. No was the answer. They use a laptop to tune it. Ok. I then asked if it is the ECM version change he is planning to do. He said no, it is tuning! What exactly is happening? What is with this long period to stabilize the FE?

Quote:
Got my Beatie yesterday
Congrats adg_andy on the new Beatie. I guess it is the diesel one you have got. Did you go for the top variant? Hope to hear from you more the coming days as you 'drive khulke'
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 13:30   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
I am still not happy on why the dealer is charging an extra 4500/- terming the super red color as metallic. It IS a flat paint, not metallic. It does not have any metallic shimmers.
Off-late, I noted that red has been removed from the non-premium colors list. Now white, black and mistly lake are non-premium colors. This might be due to the demand for red color. Definitely its not metallic, but it is a premium color now.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:03   #2216
BHPian

I am yet to go to service center and get all those checked.Do you guys ever felt AC is eating up more CC than the other cars in the segment?
Old 7th November 2011, 14:13   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats adg_andy on the new Beatie. I guess it is the diesel one you have got. Did you go for the top variant? Hope to hear from you more the coming days as you 'drive khulke'
Thanks for your wishes Thoma. No, I got a cocktail green petrol LS model. Didnt have the "khulke" dough and shall have limited running.So, diesel was not considered
Old 8th November 2011, 09:36   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to go to service center and get all those checked.Do you guys ever felt AC is eating up more CC than the other cars in the segment?
No, i do not think so. I have owned a santro before and i can surely say that the drop in power is very much negligible as compared to santro atleast.
Old 8th November 2011, 11:39   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Do you guys ever felt AC is eating up more CC than the other cars in the segment?
AC eats up around 3-5hp for an average car AC.
So when you switch on the AC at lower rpms the loss in power will be noticeable, as the percentage of power(hp)consumed by the AC to run will be more at such rpms.
At higher rpms loss of power is negligible as more power is generated by the engine.
Old 9th November 2011, 17:39   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
I got a cocktail green petrol LS model.
What all accessories did you go for?How did you find the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks