Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 18:08   #376

Thanks Sniper,

Here is the pricing details for Chevy Beat Metallic LT @ Faridabad, Haryana.
Ex Showroom: Rs 4,00,498
Insurance: Rs 12,009
Registeration: Rs 8,055

Logistics: Rs 5,761

On Road Price: Rs 4,26,323

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th February 2010 at 18:15. Reason: Removed size & font tags
Old 5th February 2010, 20:26   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrip View Post
Thanks Sniper,

Here is the pricing details for Chevy Beat Metallic LT @ Faridabad, Haryana.
Ex Showroom: Rs 4,00,498
Insurance: Rs 12,009
Registeration: Rs 8,055

Logistics: Rs 5,761

On Road Price: Rs 4,26,323
Thats super cheap, so jealous of you

BTW doesn't Haryana have road/life tax? Or is that part of the Registration you mention? Even then its 2% or something. And its 12% in Andhra
Old 7th February 2010, 14:56   #378
BHPian

Booked Beat LT Cocktail Green on 05.02.10.
Waiting period is ~5 weeks for green.
May be ~4 weeks for other colors.
Old 7th February 2010, 20:40   #379
BHPian

Any Beat LTO owner in NCR planning to sell the OEM alloys then I can buy them. I'm not planning to upgrade the tyres and alloys at this time so will be interested in the OEM alloys if any one of you is planning to upgrade to new alloys/Tyres on the Beat LTO.
Old 8th February 2010, 01:11   #380
BHPian

I am waiting for this kind of aftermarket tail lamps for Beat.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-chevrolet_beat_gama_20081.jpg
Upcoming Chevy Beat/Spark US version
This looks really good.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-speeddemon396.jpg
Old 8th February 2010, 03:46   #381
BHPian

UK version ->
1) has 2 engine options
2) Tyres are different across models
3) Height adjustable driver seat

source

And it is replacing spark everywhere except in India.

They should provide these features in India as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-spark1.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-spark2.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-spark3.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-spark4.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 04:32   #382
Senior - BHPian

Well, it'd be good to have the features as listed out.

For once I feel that the Spark should continue to be in the market at a lower price point. It's a car that still looks contemporary (unlike the ugly Santro) and being available at a lower price point than the Beat makes for a compelling choice.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:13   #383
Senior - BHPian

EXSHOWROOM PRICE 394990/-
INSURANCE(GURGAON) 12165/-
REGISTRATION(DELHI) 13620/- ( FOR DELHI REGISTRATION)
TEMP. REGISTRATION 1500
LOGISTIC CHARGES 5700
COLOUR CHARGES NA
STANDERD FITMENT 1500
CORP-DISCOUNT NA
TOTAL 429475/- ( WITH DELHI REGISTRATION)

The earlier sales exec had left the job so my query was passed onto another. Now this girl adds another 1500 for standard fitment

Now that there is no pressure of deadline for gift I will take my own sweet time. Anyhow ANHC is confirmed for April.

Cheers!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:25   #384
BHPian

they did not disclose the standard fitments 1500 INR while quoting it to me, I hope they do not add it later on.
Can anyone else explain what standard fitments mean, especially those who have bought the car already?
@Sniper- did you ask them what is standard fitments?
Old 8th February 2010, 11:31   #385
Senior - BHPian

@vprodigy: On phone they did not mention anything, while they sent the mail yesterday (again from private email address) this was mentioned in the table.

Also the sales team do not have technical answers to if OEM alloys will take 185 or 175 rubber, they did not know the delivery date. I asked them about cash discounts/corporate discounts = no discounts. I asked about standard accessories like footmats and mud flaps, nope they do not have any specially made for Beat till now.

Now, I am not actively pursuing the car. I will wait.

But my final verdict is that Beat is better city car than Ritz/i10/Punto in 1.2 lt engine and price range. All the best and I look forward to your detailed ownership experience.

Cheers!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:38   #386
BHPian

@sniper - I agree with you that the sales people have no idea about the accessories, tires, alloy pcd, floor mats. They do not even know the full features and the delivery dates as well. Sales staff still needs a lot more training that is what I felt.
The sales girl that left did promise me mud flaps and floor mats but now since she is not there so I'll have to check with the new sales guy.
I also think it will be a great city car as I'll be driving it in city for 90% of the time, I'm not worried about the tires as they are good for city and FE. I will try and find the OEM alloys from some LTO buyer planning to upgrade
Thanks, I'm desperately waiting to get my hands on the beauty and hopefully get it by coming weekend since they have given me the chassis number and the car is on the way
Old 8th February 2010, 11:58   #387
Senior - BHPian

When I TDrove the car, I felt GTO's report on tires was based on enthusiasts perspective and I completely agree, the car has more go than the tires, more so the aesthetics go haywire with the set.

The only frustrating part while I was looking out for small car was the attitude of the sales team, if I go in to buy the Captiva it was totally different than if I entered to buy Beat/Spark. I think its not GM only issue, go to Maruti and ask about GVitara and these people will make a beeline explaining the features and their head will himself come out to greet and then you may shift the focus on smaller cars. However, ask about Astar and he will quickly vanish. Pitty they are not in love with the work they do, for them its a job and categorization is evident.

It is ok for the sales team to not know each and every detail but the only fault it that they do not refer to another person who will know this. It is always better to give right info rather than customer assuming that they know nothing or have incomplete knowledge.

My quest for small car started on Jan 6th and it is 8th today that Chevy has not responded with any solid date of delivery. While Maruti's demo car is still under repair. I know that these cars sell but the customer is either ill informed or does not care two hoots about the car, most people I know buy car just because others have bought it.

All the best!
Old 8th February 2010, 12:05   #388
BHPian

I agree with everything that you just said. On top of that these guys do not love their jobs because maybe they were not made for this job and are sometimes under paid over stressed and as for their response while buying an expensive cars the problem is with the human psyche so I agree its not their fault at all.
When I see them I think I can be a better sales guy and would love to do the job only if they pay me what I'm getting in my current job + 20% increment every year
Old 8th February 2010, 13:06   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
they did not disclose the standard fitments 1500 INR while quoting it to me, I hope they do not add it later on.
Can anyone else explain what standard fitments mean, especially those who have bought the car already?
@Sniper- did you ask them what is standard fitments?
The standard fitments include only Mud Flap and Floor Mat.
I think the 1500INR is almost same across different dealers.(may be +/-100/-)
When I checked up with the dealer, they told the floor mats are almost the same as that of Spark. It looks like a plain rubber sheet like mat with Chevrolet written on it. So I have decided not to get the mats from the dealer. We can find better floor mats from any of the car accessories shop for ~600INR.
As far as the mud flap is concerned, it seems to be okay for me and the quality is also good compared to the Marutis and Hyundais.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:22   #390
BHPian

@salbin
thanks for the information dude. I agree in 1500 we can get much better floor mats from outside. I will try and get them for free since they had promised, lets see. These dealers can change their tone and commitment at any moment.
Another problem is that Chevrolet is so busy making the car so we cannot expect any Beat specific accessory for next couple of months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks