Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 16:32   #346
BHPian

@-sniper
1) there is a 3 year standard warranty on Beat as it is on any other car in the market.
2) there is no 3 year free service/maintenance contract on Beat the way it is there on Spark and trust me nothing comes free in todays market.
Old 27th January 2010, 18:57   #347

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2010 at 12:31.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:58   #348
BHPian

@-sniper
i dont think its possible to fit ABS seperately at the dealer.
Old 27th January 2010, 20:35   #349
BHPian

@-sniper
can you really put ABS on the LT variant seperately. I wish we had a customization option for such feature and better alloy/tire options.Let me know if ABS can put on the LT variant.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:49   #350

Its not possible atleast at the moment.When i asked about accessories to the dealers, they said dont know sir, we will know after a month.Even for mudflaps and floormats they just show blank faces.Hope GM provides their dealer with proper information soon.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:17   #351
Senior - BHPian

My friend took test drive of BEAT today, LT variant. We liked it better compared to Ritz. Most probably he will be booking a LT variant within few days.

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th January 2010 at 23:21.
Old 31st January 2010, 23:19   #352
BHPian

This is the final quote I've got from Orange Chevy in Hyderabad, assuming life tax at 12%:

Base metallic LT: 407619
Life tax: 48920
Comp. Insurance: 10906
T/R Fee: 150 (?)
HP-Fee: 100 (?)
Logistics & Facilitation: 5000

Total: 4,75,695

Guys, please let me know if anything is unusual in the above quote. The showroom claimed that Andhra government increased VAT a few days back, which is why the ex showroom price has increased

This is so much cheaper in Delhi
Old 1st February 2010, 06:05   #353
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to add few things to GTO's observations and want someone to confirm the same:

1) The front windsheild is slightly high compared to other cars that I have driven. The high windshield placement is visibly limiting visibility.

2) Here is a unique one. I felt the brake pedal was quite high. While braking I was braking with the tip of my toe, and my shoe size is 8. Can someone confirm this?

Overall in my books the product is very high on style qoutient and very mid-field in practicality, notchy gearbox, avg engine, and driveability qoutient. But for the price of Beat LS the only comparable car is i10 with iRDE engine, A Star, etc. And Beat, beats them on space (compared to A Star), style, and engine (compared to i10 irde).

I went in with high expectations, came off a tad dissapointed. At the price point yes, but if I had the budget I would choose Ritz Lxi over Beat LT even though Beat is more appealing to my eyes (looks wise), and loaded to the brim. Now that says a lot.... doesnt it?

Last edited by aseem : 1st February 2010 at 06:25.
Old 1st February 2010, 06:56   #354
BHPian

A small query

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
This is the final quote I've got from Orange Chevy in Hyderabad, assuming life tax at 12%:

Base metallic LT: 407619
Life tax: 48920
Comp. Insurance: 10906
T/R Fee: 150 (?)
HP-Fee: 100 (?)
Logistics & Facilitation: 5000

Total: 4,75,695

Guys, please let me know if anything is unusual in the above quote. The showroom claimed that Andhra government increased VAT a few days back, which is why the ex showroom price has increased

This is so much cheaper in Delhi
Whats the meaning for the charges that come under Logistics and Facilitation. This is a new heading to fleece the customers. In these times of recession every rupee counts.
Another point is why are you not making use of no claim bonus. I got the comprehensive insurance for my Cruze for Rs 11946/- and the original quote was more than Rs 33000/-

Allow them to do the T/R which is temporary registration and H/P which is hire purchase documentation then do the permanent registration yourself and you save rupees 3000 which which is what I did. In Cochin you will not waste more than 30 minutes standing in the Queue at the RTO office but I do not know about your place.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:42   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Whats the meaning for the charges that come under Logistics and Facilitation. This is a new heading to fleece the customers. In these times of recession every rupee counts.
Another point is why are you not making use of no claim bonus.
I was under the impression that No Claim Bonus only applies for your second vehicle or something (and not the first).

Also, these logistics charges seem to be the norm these days even with dealers in North India :-(. Does anyone have GMI's email address? I plan to email them and ask whether this is acceptable.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:54   #356
BHPian

here in gurgaon they charge 1500 for Temp reg and the logistics and registration charges arer also hogh.
can any one tell me if I can get a TEMP registration on my own?? or is it only given to dealers as I've been told by the dealer. the TEMP reg fee is just 140 RS in Gurgaon and charging 1500 from the customer is absurd.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:16   #357
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
1) The front windsheild is slightly high compared to other cars that I have driven. The high windshield placement is visibly limiting visibility.
Hey, clearly mentioned in my review

Quote:
The low set driving position is spot on and feels sporty...........The dashboard itself is set on the higher side. With the driver’s seat positioned low, and no seat height adjustment available, shorter drivers will definitely face issues.
Quote:
2) Here is a unique one. I felt the brake pedal was quite high. While braking I was braking with the tip of my toe, and my shoe size is 8. Can someone confirm this?
Size 10 here. No issues faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Another point is why are you not making use of no claim bonus. I got the comprehensive insurance for my Cruze for Rs 11946/- and the original quote was more than Rs 33000/-
Reminds me of the time I got a quote of 27,000 for my Vtec, only for Ajmat to intervene with his no claim bonus advice and bang, the insurance premium drops to 10,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I was under the impression that No Claim Bonus only applies for your second vehicle or something (and not the first).
Of course, you can avail of NCB benefits only if you have them in the first place. Full details here
Old 1st February 2010, 22:58   #358
BHPian

You guys scare me. All I paid for my Spark LS was Rs. 3,22,000 including insurance, registration, central locking, keyless entry and all the taxes.

We were never charged a penny in the name of some logistics crap...and we paid 7k for the insurance !!! Already got 5k out of the company [Hit the door on the house gate] and the policy is well and breathing.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:03   #359
BHPian

Please be careful while booking beat. Some of the dealer are passing out 2009 build cars.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:25   #360

KLN Motors Chennai are such a bunch of blundering fools. I was supposed to get my Black Beat LS delivered today. The sales executive told me i can do the pre-registration check in the morning and get the car delivered by evening. When i went there he made us wait for half an hour then came wit his team leader and they tell us that the car is in transit and will come next week. When we asked him why they didn't inform us and made us come the whole way for no reason, the sales person said he was afraid to give the news on the phone and thought it would be better to give it in person!! Both me and dad cancelled all our cases for the day for nothing! Its another thing that i screamed at them and my dad gave them a lecture on how to live their lives with respect and dignity These dealers just spoil the whole happy experience that buying a new car is. They kept running behind us and calling 5 times a day till all the payments were made and now we have to run behind them to get whats ours! I wish KLN conducts some soft skills courses for their employees. They badly need them!

Most Viewed