Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 15:03   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I am sorry I am not much technical in the car. I have done 1100+ Kms.

Surprisingly they have told my driver to use normal petrol and not the special petrol in the car. They say it will help in the pickup and average both.
Sahib,

Update your garage with some pics of this new car please
Old 13th June 2010, 17:09   #1052
Senior - BHPian

After driving the Figo for some while now, i was just thinking of the test drives i took on the Beat before i booked one. Agreed i was bowled over by the interiors of the LT and the sound insulation of the cabin. But i guess the feedback from the steering needs to improve. So should the visibility of the raod closer to the car. I remember i missed out two humps at approximately 12-15 feet gap when i first drove her. The car was parked close to one bump and my line of sight was only after the second bump.!!!

The engine sound at idle was really a surprise.

If you ignore the above two factors i think this is the best buy at that price.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:39   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Beat LT Ist Service Update!

Did my Beats's Ist Service yesterday @ 1006 KMs & 27 days from date of purchase.

Now engine is much more free reviving. With clutch disengaged and a slight throttle, RPM is shooting well after 3000 RPM with a growling sound. Gear shift also seems more smooth. Anyway I was not complaining Beat's gearbox when comparing to our UVA which is little rubbery and difficult to engage 3rd and reverse.

Did an Anti-rust coating for Rs.1300+taxes. Can anyone confirm these charges are normal or not?

Just came out of the service station into a a huge dust storm followed by rain.

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 14th June 2010 at 11:43.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:55   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Did my Beats's Ist Service yesterday @ 1006 KMs & 27 days from date of purchase.
They charged me Rs.2700+taxes for anti rust coating!
Why this much difference is coming for anti rust coating?
Old 14th June 2010, 12:42   #1055
vihang15

ethanol based petrol for beat.

dear friends ,

yesterday i was viewing the car and bike show , and they showed ethanol based cars from chevrolet that were launched for the brazil market .

wanted to know if the beat engine supports ethanol based petrol . and has anyone tried to tun with E10 based petrol and available centres for it . do we require to do any changes in the engine to support ethanol .

in brazil they have upto E95 - E100 which is really great as ethanol is less costlier than petrol and also the emission levels have less poisonous gases and eco friendly .

i dont understand why are plain petrol based engines being dumped in indian market , common GM we also deserve the best and are ready to pay for it.

get us some options of hybrids like ethanol and electric for the hatchback segment also .

Old 14th June 2010, 13:24   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
They charged me Rs.2700+taxes for anti rust coating!
Why this much difference is coming for anti rust coating?
its 1500 in gurgaon not sure if thts including or excluding taxes. 2700 is a lot.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:32   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
dear friends ,

yesterday i was viewing the car and bike show , and they showed ethanol based cars from chevrolet that were launched for the brazil market .

wanted to know if the beat engine supports ethanol based petrol . and has anyone tried to tun with E10 based petrol and available centres for it . do we require to do any changes in the engine to support ethanol .

in brazil they have upto E95 - E100 which is really great as ethanol is less costlier than petrol and also the emission levels have less poisonous gases and eco friendly .

i dont understand why are plain petrol based engines being dumped in indian market , common GM we also deserve the best and are ready to pay for it.

get us some options of hybrids like ethanol and electric for the hatchback segment also .
1) In Brazil and US 10% ethanol blending is done to bring down the cost of petrol and you do not need a special engine to run ethanol blended fuel.

2) When you talk of ethanol based engines then they could be a newer range of engines (Chevy Eco 1.4 and 1.8 liters) that allow larger portions of ethanol with petrol which a normal petrol engine may not be able to process.

3) Ethanol in India has to be produced from sugarcane which is a food crop hence commercial production of ethanol from sugarcane will not be allowed on a large scale. Where is in US its produced from corn which is widely cultivated in north and south america. New law allowing ethanol blending by 5-10% which will bring down loses of oil companies and government has been long pending.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:24   #1058
vihang15

mail from GM

i recieved a directmail from chevrolet om the CPCOO offer from chevrolet .they are offering cashless ownership for 3yrs on a onetime payment of 13499/- , also they are offering free maintainence package if we refer 3 friends or relatives for purchasing the beat .

i must say a good marketing and CRM campaign from GM . it has a autocar special report on beat .

has any beat owner gone for the maintainence package , is it a good option to opt for the package , what happens after 3 yrs .

Old 14th June 2010, 17:33   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
i recieved a directmail from chevrolet om the CPCOO offer from chevrolet .they are offering cashless ownership for 3yrs on a onetime payment of 13499/- , also they are offering free maintainence package if we refer 3 friends or relatives for purchasing the beat .

i must say a good marketing and CRM campaign from GM . it has a autocar special report on beat .

has any beat owner gone for the maintainence package , is it a good option to opt for the package , what happens after 3 yrs .
It is already mentioned in the Chevy Beat Site itself. You can check the below link:
Chevrolet Beat
Old 14th June 2010, 22:57   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont think referring is enough. They should buy the product.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:09   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I dont think referring is enough. They should buy the product.
Spark comes with this chevy promise, without an extra charge, so I guess they are capitalizing and extending the same on Beat but but by referring 3 people, which is again to their advantage.

3 referrers buying BEAT would be a bit hard!!
Old 15th June 2010, 11:16   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Now engine is much more free reviving. With clutch disengaged and a slight throttle, RPM is shooting well after 3000 RPM with a growling sound. Gear shift also seems more smooth. Anyway I was not complaining Beat's gearbox when comparing to our UVA which is little rubbery and difficult to engage 3rd and reverse.

Did an Anti-rust coating for Rs.1300+taxes. Can anyone confirm these charges are normal or not?

Just came out of the service station into a a huge dust storm followed by rain.

Cheers!

Vinu

Not sure what they do on 1st service, but I guess it is actually a complete check up of the car, the pickup won't improve unless they tweak something on the engine or do the regular engine servicing, which I doubt.

My Beat had the same pickup even after the 1st service, it included car wash, control checks and a test drive by service engineer...thats it.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:20   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Not sure what they do on 1st service, but I guess it is actually a complete check up of the car, the pickup won't improve unless they tweak something on the engine or do the regular engine servicing, which I doubt.

My Beat had the same pickup even after the 1st service, it included car wash, control checks and a test drive by service engineer...thats it.
May be what you are saying is the truth but I also has faced the same thing, My car's pickup had also improved after the service.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:44   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3 referrers buying BEAT would be a bit hard!!
I got another type of offer from Chevy/dealer.

1 referrer buying Beat, 1 year free maintenance

2 referrers buying Beats, 2 year free maintenance

3 referrers buying Beats, 3 year free maintenance

Cheers!
Old 15th June 2010, 12:16   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pickup not improved with my Beat too. But engine and gear box feels smooth, I can feel it. May be due to service or due to running 1000+ KMs. Who never knows?

Regards

Vinu

Most Viewed