Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:05   #1141
BHPian

OT: Nice video for beat fans out there. This was released by GM for the launch of Beat in Chile (where it is called spark GT)

Old 5th July 2010, 10:58   #1142
vihang15

hi friends ,

got my chevy baby back from the workshop on saturday . the chevy workshop was a good experience . being from a engineering background i was always fascinated to look at the cars engine , mechanics etc ; it was good to see spark , captiva , cruze , optra and ofcourse beat at the same time .

got the damaged fender replaced with a new one . they got a stock fender and painted it green to match the color . i claimed insurance the total bill was around 6300/- and my liability was only 622/- so i am happy that the accident did not cost much damage to the car and to my pocket .

also did a clutch setting free of cost from the mechanic . did the clutch a little deep this gives more control on vehicle movement in stop-go traffic in mumbai .

overall happy with the service from avk mumbai .

Old 5th July 2010, 17:02   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Beat Query!

Dear Beat riders,

What tyre air pressure do you settle with?
I got the car with 36 psi from the dealer. Driven for 1000kms with 36psi and it returned around 11.6 to 12 in terrible b2b traffic. I had tried 32 & 34 psi after that which 32 seems bit spongy or over cushioned and 34 was ok. But both returned <= 10km/l in terrible b2b traffic. No I turned back to 36 psi and mileage is back to the normal. 36 psi is bit hard on that yellow/ black fiber/metal speed breakers. Any suggestions please

Which seat cover should I go for beat? Leather, Art leather, rexine or fabric. What will be the price bracket? I prefer black or dark grey. Please help.
Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinu
Old 5th July 2010, 17:45   #1144
BHPian

I'm using 32psi.. but I'm getting 12 ish in 50% b2b 50% normal traffic (my driving style is newbie-ish)

GM recommends 32 ..
Old 5th July 2010, 18:03   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I'm using 32psi.. but I'm getting 12 ish in 50% b2b 50% normal traffic (my driving style is newbie-ish)

GM recommends 32 ..
What tyre pressure gauge are you using ? Well I used to fill it at the digital air pressure joints at the Indian Oil Petrol pumps, until I bought myself a Accutire digital air pressure gauge. Believe me I was shocked, the air fillers at the petrol pumps were always miscalibrated and usually off by around +/- 6 PSI.

If you are an avid motorist, then just pick an accutire tyre pressure gauge or something similar that's know to be accurate., you can then set your own pressure.

Check amazon.com for tire pressure gauges and also read the reviews on the gauge to decide which one is best.
Old 5th July 2010, 18:15   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Beat riders,

What tyre air pressure do you settle with?
I got the car with 36 psi from the dealer. Driven for 1000kms with 36psi and it returned around 11.6 to 12 in terrible b2b traffic. I had tried 32 & 34 psi after that which 32 seems bit spongy or over cushioned and 34 was ok. But both returned <= 10km/l in terrible b2b traffic. No I turned back to 36 psi and mileage is back to the normal. 36 psi is bit hard on that yellow/ black fiber/metal speed breakers. Any suggestions please

Which seat cover should I go for beat? Leather, Art leather, rexine or fabric. What will be the price bracket? I prefer black or dark grey. Please help.
Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinu
i use 32 and i'm getting 14 in normal city traffic not b2b and with 100% AC.

I bought those grey jute and black leatherette combination and to me they look amazing compared to the all leatherette or all cloth. Got it for 2500 from the one who makes it instead of the dealer or a shop. Same covers at the shop in sector 14, Gurgaon were on sale for 5000+ Rs.
Old 5th July 2010, 22:40   #1147
BHPian

Got my car

My car loan finally got approved and I have my car - A Black Beat ..
Car drives great and AC is awesome! Although, I find having to use the accelerator in stop-go traffic which is a pain. Maybe this can be adjusted.
Lemme cut the crap and give you the pics. Started raining as soon as I took the car out, so car is a li'l dusty :
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0309.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0305.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0310.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0312.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0313.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0319.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0320.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0405.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0466.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0463.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0442.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0460.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 22:59   #1148
BHPian

By the way, how much does it cost for permanent registration? Dealer wants to charge Rs2500 for registration+number plates which I think is pretty steep.

Also, has anybody been able to install a sub-woofer in a place other than the boot? I really do not want to sacrifice the boot. :(
Old 6th July 2010, 00:14   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. In black, the Beat's pseudo 2-door design really works. I know right after a new purchase, one probably wouldn't like to spend any more money, but at least start setting some money aside for alloys at a later stage.

A set of matt black alloys (with buffed aluminium inserts) with slightly thicker tires (not over-tired mind you) will make this car look fantastic.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:39   #1150
BHPian

Smashing pics hellmet - I love the last one. Where is this in Hyderabad!
Old 6th July 2010, 11:11   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beat Query!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
i use 32 and i'm getting 14 in normal city traffic not b2b and with 100% AC.

I bought those grey jute and black leatherette combination and to me they look amazing compared to the all leatherette or all cloth. Got it for 2500 from the one who makes it instead of the dealer or a shop. Same covers at the shop in sector 14, Gurgaon were on sale for 5000+ Rs.
@ vprodigy Thank you very much.

I tried 32 and rolling resistance was high (that's what I felt). Is there any negative impact on putting 4psi more than manufacture recommend? I think most of the pumps have psi error in their gauge. I filled from IOC pumps (one after Ladoo Sarai towards IIT Gate and other below IIT Gate flyover towards Gurgaon) I drive through BRT and you can guess the traffic. It's 1600+ km on odo and I haven't passed 90 kmph mark yet! No issue with braking and grip (even on heavy rains since Sunday)

Can you post few pics of your seat cover. Who makes it and where? What about the seat covers offered by Chevy as standard accessories?

Regards

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 6th July 2010 at 11:14.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:10   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. In black, the Beat's pseudo 2-door design really works. I know right after a new purchase, one probably wouldn't like to spend any more money, but at least start setting some money aside for alloys at a later stage.

A set of matt black alloys (with buffed aluminium inserts) with slightly thicker tires (not over-tired mind you) will make this car look fantastic.
I really like the 2-door like design. It blends in so well.
As for any extra expenses, I haven't even got a stereo yet. . I am in no hurry. The car clean-swept my entire bank acc.
Alloys and tires, you are absolutely right. The tires definitely need to be more meaty and black alloys would give it a mean-look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Smashing pics hellmet - I love the last one. Where is this in Hyderabad!
Thanks QuadManiac! The first 7 pics were taken at the unfinished road near Mind Space, Hitec City. The other pics were taken at Vikarabad, including the last one.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:17   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

I tried 32 and rolling resistance was high (that's what I felt). Is there any negative impact on putting 4psi more than manufacture recommend? I think most of the pumps have psi error in their gauge. I filled from IOC pumps (one after Ladoo Sarai towards IIT Gate and other below IIT Gate flyover towards Gurgaon) I drive through BRT and you can guess the traffic. It's 1600+ km on odo and I haven't passed 90 kmph mark yet! No issue with braking and grip (even on heavy rains since Sunday)

Can you post few pics of your seat cover. Who makes it and where? What about the seat covers offered by Chevy as standard accessories?

Regards

Vinu
36 should not hurt in anyway and i use 32 just because it is manufacturer recommended. You need to bring your car to NH8 and enjoy the driving as it is really fun to drive Beat above 100 as long as you are driving safe. Within city I drive it at 60 and I like it that way.
I will post the pics tomorrow for sure. I got it from a guy who who is basically into sewing of seat covers in a small gull in sector 14 dont remember the shop name. Seat covers offered by Chevy dealer are also good but since they are all leatherette so I though jute will be a good idea as leatherette heat like a hot plate if parked in Sun.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:04   #1154

New Beat LT Cocktail Green!!

Hi All

I am new to this forum and also a proud owner of a shiny new Chevy Beat LT! Have been driving it around for two weeks now and have uploaded some pics. I got the alloys from GM itself.

I am yet to take it for an easy spin, but the ride till now has been strictly "Mumbai" Bumper2Bumper. I would be lucky to shift to third gear. Only twice, I have been able to shift to fourth and reached around 60 kmph. Its too soon to judge mileage, but preliminary observations revolve around 11 kmpl. Can someone with same driving experience share their mileage numbers? I have been using BP Speed petrol till now, as the pump is closest to my place.

Comments??
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat01.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat03.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 21:44   #1155
Senior - BHPian

I had many rides at NH8 between Rao Tula Ram Junction & IFFCO Chowk. Let the beast open up to punch more out of it. Just waiting for your pics to decide. Should finalise before Sunday.

@ webadi27

11 is a very good mileage in b2b traffic. In terrible b2b here in Delhi I a managing 12 with a little high tyre pressure (36 psi)

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 6th July 2010 at 21:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks