Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 17:06   #1186
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The launch earlier slated for the 8th in Dilli has been moved to today the 10th at Bombay owing to logistical reasons.

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...MFW-for-launch!!!
Is the launch really happening in Mumbai today? Else the news should have been out by now.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:10   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayakdshenoy View Post
Yes, I happened to visit Vecto Motors the other day (Sunday) for a test drive and the SA there - Karthick had no idea about an impending release (when I told him I read something about this on auto.maxabout) It didn't help that the FIAT website got updated the very next day!

That being said, Karthick seemed like a FIAT fan himself and was extremely detailed in his sales pitch, so I have no complaints!

I am very interested to know how the FIAT's ASS is going to be after parting
ways with TATA.
Posters by Fiat; saw it on FB but now I couldnt find the rest.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-fiat.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:14   #1188
Senior - BHPian

The launch (or should I say, re-launch) is happening right now at Mumbai.

Some details from TFI forums:

2013 T-Jet Engine Features:

114 PS @ 5000 RPM

207 NM @ 2200 RPM

Comes in 3 Variants.

Active, Dynamic and Emotion

Active Feature List:
ABS
All 4 Disc brakes.
185mm GC
Electric OVRM
Auto On/Off Headlamps
Rain Sensing Wipers

* ABS+EBD Standard across all variants

Dynamic Features List
All features from Active +
Blue n Me
15" Alloy Wheels
Dual Airbags

Emotion Features List:
All Features of Dynamic +
16" Alloy Wheels
205/55 R16 tyres
190mm GC
Leather Seats

General Features
15000km Service Interval
3+2 yrs Warranty
57 Active Exlusive dealers
17 more coming up
TOTAL 74 Exclusive Dealerships.

Mumbai Ex-showroom Prices

Line T-jet Active : 7.87 Lakhs
Line T-jet Dynamic : 8.73 Lakhs
Line T-jet Emotion : 9.11 Lakhs

Delhi Ex-showroom Prices

Line T-jet Active : 7.6 Lakhs
Line T-jet Dynamic : 8.4 Lakhs
Line T-jet Emotion : 8.8 Lakhs

* All credit goes to the launch thread in TFI forum.

Absolutely stunning pricing, IMHO. I am still pinching to believe the pricing. I think this time; FIAT got it right on the pricing front.
Armed with this kind of pricing, they are ready to take the battle head on. Hope this will bring some positive change in FIAT’s fortunes.

Last edited by theexperthand : 10th June 2013 at 17:33.
theexperthand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:26   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The launch (or should I say, re-launch) is happening right now at Mumbai.

Mumbai Ex-showroom Prices

Line T-jet Active : 7.87 Lakhs
Line T-jet Dynamic : 8.73 Lakhs
Line T-jet Emotion : 9.11 Lakhs

Delhi Ex-showroom Prices

Line T-jet Active : 7.6 Lakhs
Line T-jet Dynamic : 8.4 Lakhs
Line T-jet Emotion : 8.8 Lakhs

* All credit goes to the launch thread in TFI forum.
That's undoubtedly one of the best pricing I have seen for such an amazing car in recent times Love You FIAT

Mumbai on-road for top-end Emotion is 10.4L!!! Beat that!!!
Old 10th June 2013, 17:45   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Launch is done and dusted with Cross posting a snap of the launch from TFI a FIAT specific forum.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet-launch.jpg
credit/copyright for the snap rests with its owner(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Is the launch really happening in Mumbai today? Else the news should have been out by now.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:51   #1191
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy... Wish I could trade my 90 HP for a TJet. Absolutely mouth watering price tag! All I need is the active with abs, all 4 discs and airbags (?).

But my daily usage is too high to get a petrol.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th June 2013 at 17:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:04   #1192
Senior - BHPian

I would be keenly watching as to how many enthusiasts converting their wishes to actual purchase.
Or
Will it be same story like "Its not Diesel / it doesn't have OVRM turn indicators or some other petty faults with the car."

That apart, a 'perfect' move from Fiat, let's see how the market reacts. I think the target customers are enthusiasts only and the launch proves that Fiat does seem to have taken the feedback very seriously and how they responded.

As per car monthly sales thread total volume is around 6000 odd per month for Petrol Sedans. Lets see how much T-Jet scores.

I guess this is the first launch by Fiat after the break-up from TML. I wish them success.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:07   #1193
BHPian

I can't wait to test drive the new one when it is launched. I always used to believe that T-jets were being sold at low margin or at a loss when they were selling it at discount. With the current pricing either there's some cut somewhere that's not apparent on paper else, they have decided to go for volume even if that comes at a loss. Interesting strategy! Let's hope it turns out as per their plans and T-jet allows them to taste success in India.

I guess all petrol heads that want to purchase Linea T-jet should thank Maruti as it might be the engine deal that's allowing Fiat to launch T-jet at low-cost/margin.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:13   #1194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I would be keenly watching as to how many enthusiasts converting their wishes to actual purchase.
Or
Will it be same story like "Its not Diesel / it doesn't have OVRM turn indicators or some other petty faults with the car."

That apart, a 'perfect' move from Fiat, let's see how the market reacts. I think the target customers are enthusiasts only and the launch proves that Fiat does seem to have taken the feedback very seriously and how they responded.

As per car monthly sales thread total volume is around 6000 odd per month for Petrol Sedans. Lets see how much T-Jet scores.

I guess this is the first launch by Fiat after the break-up from TML. I wish them success.
Realistically- 100 to max 200.

But- I expect the news to spread slowly. Forums, magazines, ownership reports- all will have a positive effect on the entire brand. Even more than the image ABARTH might be able to pull off, when it is introduced. They need the image makeover more than the sales.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:30   #1195
BHPian

Very good prices. makes the Polo GT highly over priced. A worthy car for the initiated.All the best for fiat.

Last edited by 999 : 10th June 2013 at 18:32.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:34   #1196
Senior - BHPian

I wish Fiat launched a Punto T-Jet instead of re-launching Linea T-Jet. As a sedan, this won't be selling in high numbers at all, may be it can touch three digits barely in a month. As this is an engine for the enthusiast, a hot-hatch (Punto ) wrapped around it would have made more sense.

I see a lot of Puntos on street here everyday. Haven't spotted a single Linea yet, may be it is not sold here.

Last edited by clevermax : 10th June 2013 at 18:35.
clevermax is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:41   #1197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Mumbai on-road for top-end Emotion is 10.4L!!! Beat that!!!
What's the on-road price in Bangalore? I'm expecting it to be in the range of 10.5L due to the slightly higher road tax % here than Mumbai.

Either way earlier T-Jet owners like me need to be staging a protest/candlelight march in front of town hall tomorrow . I paid 11.06L in June 2011, with only mudflaps and carpets as freebies. Today the same car in its new avatar with some more goodies (auto wipers and auto headlamps) with all the inflation in the economy over 2 years costs 60k lesser!!

P.S - just kidding! *winks*
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I wish Fiat launched a Punto T-Jet instead of re-launching Linea T-Jet. As a sedan, this won't be selling in high numbers at all, may be it can touch three digits barely in a month. As this is an engine for the enthusiast, a hot-hatch (Punto ) wrapped around it would have made more sense.
If I were to give an opinion on that variant lineup (cost worries thrown aside), I would go a step ahead and say launch both versions - Linea T-Jet and Punto T-Jet. For those who want the bootspace, the Linea makes more practical sense. For hot-hatch customers, Punto T-Jet makes more sense.

Quote:
I see a lot of Puntos on street here everyday. Haven't spotted a single Linea yet, may be it is not sold here.
The Linea was only launched for developing markets. Lineas exist only in Turkey, Brazil and India, while the Punto exists all over Europe.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th June 2013 at 18:51.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:43   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Well, who knows, It could be soon in the abrath version, making a hot punto hatch redundant.
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:48   #1199
Team-BHP Support

Excellent pricing indeed! But that GC of 190mm looks like an overkill, considering that the Linea T-Jet is supposed to be a sporty sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Either way earlier T-Jet owners like me need to be staging a protest/candlelight march in front of town hall tomorrow. I paid 11.06L in June 2011, with only mudflaps and carpets as freebies. Today the same car in its new avatar with some more goodies (auto wipers and auto headlamps) with all the inflation in the economy over 2 years costs 60k lesser!!
Well, it can be viewed in a different way. You’re one of those privileged ones who had the luxury to enjoy the T-Jet for the past 2 years
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:51   #1200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
What's the on-road price in Bangalore? I'm expecting it to be in the range of 10.5L due to the slightly higher road tax % here than Mumbai.

Either way earlier T-Jet owners like me need to be staging a protest/candlelight march in front of town hall tomorrow . I paid 11.06L in June 2011, with only mudflaps and carpets as freebies. Today the same car in its new avatar with some more goodies (auto wipers and auto headlamps) with all the inflation in the economy over 2 years costs 60k lesser!!
Another way to look at it- till yesterday you were the owner of a car that was discontinued 2 years back. Today you are a pioneer to all those who will be looking forward to buying the new VFM enthusiast's machine

Realistically- Judging by the price difference between the NA and TJet variants, I'm guessing heavier localisation recently and thus hopeful of good pricing for the Punto Abarth as well. Now that should catch your attention.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks