Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 19:23   #2626
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Well today polished my ride and bought back the honor.!
A brief description of today's detailing
And about the nightmare of my alloys getting grazed by the side boulders here are few pictures..
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-19082011348.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-19082011349.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-19082011350.jpg
Old 19th August 2011, 19:37   #2627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Well today polished my ride and bought back the honor.!
A brief description of today's detailing
And about the nightmare of my alloys getting grazed by the side boulders here are few pictures..
Well , those are mere scratches - whats concerning are your tyres ! Those are JK Vectras which are the shittiest tyres that an OEM can provide - out of the 5 JK Vectras in my Swift I experienced tyre failures with 2 ( one of them was a tyre burst ) which is scary . Certainly not the tyres that one would recommend for a high torque car like Vento , please change at the earliest . This is especially true since you often "smoke out" ANHCs on the road
Old 19th August 2011, 20:08   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

^True. Came to realise that when I took delivery of my Swift. Immediately changed the tires. Glad I got Acelere on my Vento.
Old 19th August 2011, 20:11   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Saw this Vento on my way to work in the morning. I like the way he has cut the rear mud flaps. I agree that the Vento mud flaps are a pain, though the car's GC is excellent and it has not scraped even a single road hump ever. But the Mud flaps have scraped a lot of them.

Also see the condition of the Roads :-(
One rain and the entire roads get washed off.... I feel sorry for the cars in this city :-)
One more thing I always wanted to check with friends here regarding the AC duct which is running right in the middle that causes a bump making it uncomfortable for the rear passenger sitting in the middle. How are you guys managing with this? This was one of the reasons that made me go for ANHC when I first test drove Vento 6 months ago.
Old 19th August 2011, 20:28   #2630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Well , those are mere scratches - whats concerning are your tyres ! Those are JK Vectras which are the shittiest tyres that an OEM can provide - out of the 5 JK Vectras in my Swift I experienced tyre failures with 2 ( one of them was a tyre burst ) which is scary . Certainly not the tyres that one would recommend for a high torque car like Vento , please change at the earliest . This is especially true since you often "smoke out" ANHCs on the road
Yes, those are the worst, but dad says till there is tread no change. So till something doesn't goes wrong JK stays. Have cruised at speeds over 160 Kmph, no problem till now. Hope it stays that way. Well these JK are made in collaboration with Continental. VW wouldn't seek JK if they were really that bad. If I would change would go with Michelin no doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
One more thing I always wanted to check with friends here regarding the AC duct which is running right in the middle that causes a bump making it uncomfortable for the rear passenger sitting in the middle. How are you guys managing with this? This was one of the reasons that made me go for ANHC when I first test drove Vento 6 months ago.
Being a family of 4, so the hump doesn't cause any problem. But I like the rear AC vents, they are very effective. Out of blue we have a fifth pax, so it is not much inconvenience.
Old 19th August 2011, 20:32   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yes, those are the worst, but dad says till there is tread no change. So till something doesn't goes wrong JK stays. Have cruised at speeds over 160 Kmph, no problem till now. Hope it stays that way. Well these JK are made in collaboration with Continental. VW wouldn't seek JK if they were really that bad. If I would change would go with Michelin no doubt.

Being a family of 4, so the hump doesn't cause any problem. But I like the rear AC vents, they are very effective. Out of blue we have a fifth pax, so it is not much inconvenience.
Glad to note that you are happy with it and enjoying it dude. Keep posting your reviews.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 19:53   #2632
Senior - BHPian

For anyone who is interested in the steering chrome inserts for the vento, Hossdoc posted this link in his polo 1.6 ownership thread on the steering chrome accents for the vento.

Chrome Steering Wheel trim for VW Golf6 MK6 polo 2011 | eBay
Old 20th August 2011, 20:30   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Vento AC
I discovered a nice quirkiness in the Vento AC , I don't know how many of you realised it . We have discussed on how to switch off the AC , realised that the option that all ( or most) of our dealers taught us was to turn the blower off . Strictly speaking thats does not switch off the ac .
Now once you have zeroised the AC blower speed, give a small pause and then again turn the blower knob anti-clockwise ( same direction as one would for switching off the blower) - this will turn the AC off as also the panel lights off. I tried it ast evening with lights switched on so it was more pronounced. The short pause is important.

Overall there are so many tiny bits which are interesting yet different from what we are used to , I am beginning to see the usefulness of starting a separate thread for the same . I would start off by PM'ing some of the regular Vento TBHP-ians so that we have as comprehensive a list as possible to begin with , additions can be posted by users as we go along.
souravc is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 09:51   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Vento AC
I discovered a nice quirkiness in the Vento AC , I don't know how many of you realised it . We have discussed on how to switch off the AC , realised that the option that all ( or most) of our dealers taught us was to turn the blower off . Strictly speaking thats does not switch off the ac .
Now once you have zeroised the AC blower speed, give a small pause and then again turn the blower knob anti-clockwise ( same direction as one would for switching off the blower) - this will turn the AC off as also the panel lights off. I tried it ast evening with lights switched on so it was more pronounced. The short pause is important.

Overall there are so many tiny bits which are interesting yet different from what we are used to , I am beginning to see the usefulness of starting a separate thread for the same . I would start off by PM'ing some of the regular Vento TBHP-ians so that we have as comprehensive a list as possible to begin with , additions can be posted by users as we go along.
You are saying by making the blower off the AC doesn't turn off? How's that possible, or does it mean it continues being cooling itself and only the fan is off? In that case why will the AC light go off? And if we do what you are saying does it turn more lights off? I m intrigued and will try and post what happens here though

Yea let's please start a separate thread on features, problems, non-similarities etc for polo vento
Old 21st August 2011, 09:53   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
For anyone who is interested in the steering chrome inserts for the vento, Hossdoc posted this link in his polo 1.6 ownership thread on the steering chrome accents for the vento.

Chrome Steering Wheel trim for VW Golf6 MK6 polo 2011 | eBay
Yea I read that, thanks, but the site mentions it's glossy steel finish and may not go well with the otherwise subtle mat aluminum finishing on rest of the car. Does anybody have idea of any other after market chrome tis and bits to be added on the car
Old 21st August 2011, 10:00   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Vento AC

Hey, that's a nice discovery. Checked this in my car and it works. If fact, you don't have to pause. If you keep on rotating in the anti-clockwise direction, the display switches off along with the blower and AC.

The idea to collate Vento trivia is a great one! I have a few that I discovered listed in my thread. Will send the link to you.
Old 21st August 2011, 11:17   #2637
BHPian

Enroute on a trip to goa from kochi, I almost rammed a truck enoute on the ghat section from Hubli to panjim, in trying to avoid the truck i went a little offroading resulting in a bent rim. The car immediately started wobbling, with another 120 kms till my destination. It was raining hard, i could not even stop and change the tire. Another bad part is most of the rim bends happen on the inner side. So at first glance you can hardly make out whether the rim is bent or not.
I took the car to the service center in panjim, hats off to those guys, they pit my car repair on priority basis. A new rim was immediately provided, my insurance was processed and by afternoon i had the car in my hand.
Now comes the shocker, rim bending is relatively common and the rim costs close to 17000 rupees, which is quite steep. Also with the condition of roads in karnataka and kerala, its really easy to bend the rim.
Old 21st August 2011, 11:43   #2638
Senior - BHPian

The new thread should be one stop shop for all issues related to vento - hidden features, frequently reported issues, maintenance details and the likes. I floated this idea in one of my earlier posts too.

I'd request souravc to take the lead on this, the rest of all the vento owners can contribute their bit towards this.
Old 21st August 2011, 11:48   #2639
Senior - BHPian

On the job on the quirkiness , issues thread - quite a few of you should expect a mail in your inbox with the first cut list. Once I have response from all of you I will start the thread so that any further addition /deletion can be kept to a minimum else its difficult to keep track
Old 21st August 2011, 11:57   #2640
Senior - BHPian

The MID with 2 sets of memory also needs to be discussed. I am not sure when it gets reset automatically.

One issue I am facing is, no petrol pumps can do a full tank.
Nobody's auto cut works! Hence cant calculate FE on full tank basis.

BTW is the average FE shown in MID a bit optimistic? Any anyone checked?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks