Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 07:16   #3616
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
The manual of the Vento is a global version. They have not bothered to update it to make it India specific. The global version might have an anti-theft wheel bolt coz in the Western world stealing of alloys are common. Will have to check on the screw driver in mine but even without it you should be able to replace your wheels with the supplied toolkit. I had to replace the wheel during a puncture and all I needed was the jack and the spanner. Rest assured and enjoy your Vento .
Is there a global version of the Vento? I thought the current Vento is specific for the Indian market. Or do you mean the manual is shared with the international Polo?
Old 10th December 2011, 07:50   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is there a global version of the Vento? I thought the current Vento is specific for the Indian market. Or do you mean the manual is shared with the international Polo?
I thought they also sell the Vento in Russia. During the buying process the showroom guys even told me that the manual is the same for the Vento and the Jetta except the cover page . Not sure how much of that is true. But I did find features like hill hold control and what not written in the manual which is most definitely not present in the Vento. Maybe experts can shed some more light on this.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 09:34   #3618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought they also sell the Vento in Russia. During the buying process the showroom guys even told me that the manual is the same for the Vento and the Jetta except the cover page . Not sure how much of that is true. But I did find features like hill hold control and what not written in the manual which is most definitely not present in the Vento. Maybe experts can shed some more light on this.
They do. Not only in Russia, but this car has been available in China, South Africa & South America too I believe. Christened as Polo Sedan, Polo Classic and Polo Saloon too. Of course, these cars wouldn't be an exact copy of the Vento, features might vary a bit, but the base car is same.

The Russia variant is very similar to the refreshed Vento, in fact I believe the steering controls & added features have been directly pulled off it only.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 10th December 2011 at 09:36.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 18:41   #3619
BHPian

Slightly . But my Vento got a couple of nice accessories for long road trips. A COIDO portal tire inflator pump and a digital tire gauge. The post is here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2606028

A preparation for some long road trips planned . I know I am doing this backwards, I should actually pen down my ownership report first. Hope to catch some spare time towards the end of the year to get to that.
Old 10th December 2011, 21:19   #3620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly . But my Vento got a couple of nice accessories for long road trips. A COIDO portal tire inflator pump and a digital tire gauge. The post is here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2606028

A preparation for some long road trips planned . I know I am doing this backwards, I should actually pen down my ownership report first. Hope to catch some spare time towards the end of the year to get to that.
samarjitdhar you have been plain lazy and you know that - the delay in your ownership thread makes you fit to be a Verna owner
BTW, how much did it cost you ? I was wondering why you mentioned that its only for emergency use , is it because the reading is approximate ?
Old 10th December 2011, 21:31   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
samarjitdhar you have been plain lazy and you know that - the delay in your ownership thread makes you fit to be a Verna owner
BTW, how much did it cost you ? I was wondering why you mentioned that its only for emergency use , is it because the reading is approximate ?
souravc, I can see that you don't hold a very high opinion of Verna owners just because they are being very secretive on TBHP about their prized possessions. The truth is though I have been swamped with work for the past 3 weeks working even on weekends. But I do hope to put it together by end of this month ready to be published by the new year.

The COIDO tire inflator pump set me back by Rs 1295 and the digital tire pressure gauge at Rs 620. I bought them together from the same dealer on eBay to take advantage of free shipping though there were some other deals near about the same price. I have also bought a tubeless tire repair kit for Rs 300.
Old 11th December 2011, 14:01   #3622
BHPian

Folks,
I need a quick suggestion. Today, I noticed that one of warning lights in the console does not go off with other symbols. I know that the battery and another symbol do stay on till the car is started. I did not observe earlier if this symbol disappears after we move the key to start but not crank it.
I checked the manual and it said this symbol is engine management. However, this disappears when i start the car. The manual is not very clear if this is correct behaviour.
Can someone please confirm if this is the case or do i need take it service station?
Old 11th December 2011, 16:35   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I checked the manual and it said this symbol is engine management. However, this disappears when i start the car. The manual is not very clear if this is correct behaviour.
Can someone please confirm if this is the case or do i need take it service station?
While key is put into ignition mode many symbols come up and go. After you crank up the car all the symbols vanish. If you find any symbol still present even after car is turned on, than there is a problem. Otherwise nothing to worry about. No need to take it to service station.
Old 11th December 2011, 17:02   #3624
BHPian

Friends,

Need your help here!.

I've read all this Vento thread pages, and been impressed with the machine.
Had booked the Vento HL Diesel on Aug'11, and asked to give me the car delivery by Jan 2012.
However, now the VW sales guy called me and conveyed that my car has been alloted and it is in transit from Pune to Chennai. I've asked the sales guy to share the VIN no and also requested him to postpone the registration in Jan 2012.

please help me in understanding this:

1. VIN no says - Mfg. in Dec 2011 and the Model year is 2012. Can i go and proceed with the registration or should I insist for the 2012 year model, if so what is the least period I would get my car in 2012?

2. If you suggest me to proceed with the allotted car, will they offer me any discount, as this is Dec 2011 model.

3. The sales guys also suggest me to go with the Car, as the Gov. has increased
the diesel price from Jan 2012 and it will be 3%, is it true?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 11th December 2011, 18:00   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer
Folks,
I need a quick suggestion. Today, I noticed that one of warning lights in the console does not go off with other symbols. I know that the battery and another symbol do stay on till the car is started. I did not observe earlier if this symbol disappears after we move the key to start but not crank it.
This the correct behavior. The engine management basically monitors Nguni temp. Oil, turbo, vacuum. Etc. so that starts only after the engine is cranked.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 18:52   #3626
BHPian

Friends,

I'am a silent reader of this thread, and been reading all the posts.

Very much impressed with the Vento and had booked Vento HL Diesel on Aug 2011, and also
told the VW sales to give me the car by Jan 2012 as new year is very near.

However, I'd just recevied the call from the VW sales guy that my Car is in transit from Pune to Chennai
and shared the VIN with me.

Please clarify my queries:

1. VIN shows that the mfg. date is Dec 2011, and the Model year is 2012. Should I wait for the
year 2012 mfg. car? or is it fine to register this in Jan 2012?

2. Sales guy told me to proceed with the car, as Indian Govt. is increasing Diesel car prices by 3% from Jan 2012.
is it true?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 11th December 2011, 19:12   #3627
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed - What the showroom guys told you was right (for a change!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
People, I have a doubt. The manual says that there is a anti-theft wheel bolt to be included with the tool kit. But I do not see one with the tool kit. I checked with the showroom folks who replied that one doesn't come on for the Vento. Rather the wheel spanner will correctly fit the wheel bolts and can be used to remove the bolts. Can you guys verify this for me ?
Souravc. Seriously, you were instrumental in getting many vento owners (including me) to get down to penning the ownership report. Kudos to you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
That's the way its designed to be, as explained below, no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Folks,
Personally, I dont give too much to the date of manufacture and date of registration. I beleive market has become much more mature now, but its again an individual decision of yours. At the most, you may get a few thousands extra during resale, and I dont see that being an issue if you are holding on to the car for a long time.

Dont expect any discount as there are many takers, by the way what is the 3% increment you are talking about? I havent heard any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
Friends,
1. VIN no says - Mfg. in Dec 2011 and the Model year is 2012. Can i go and proceed with the registration or should I insist for the 2012 year model, if so what is the least period I would get my car in 2012?

2. If you suggest me to proceed with the allotted car, will they offer me any discount, as this is Dec 2011 model.

Thanks in Advance.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 19:37   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Dont expect any discount as there are many takers, by the way what is the 3% increment you are talking about? I havent heard any.
VW sales told me that Diesel car prices will be hiked by 3% due to additional tax imposed by Govt. Don't know how credible is this?
Old 11th December 2011, 21:10   #3629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
please help me in understanding this:

Thanks in Advance.
I would suggest you to get the car but registered in Jan 2012. Even I would have done the same. Its better to say your car is a 2012 as it makes it a whole year newer than registering it in 2011. And it adds to the resale value.

When we were in the market for a C segment car in Dec 10, we were getting Honda City ready delivery but we were insisting registration to be done in Jan 2011. But instead we bought VW Vento TDi HL which was delivered to us in Apr 11.

The GoI's increase in diesel car prices would only be introduced in budget 2012 which I think would be announced in Feb 12 and implemented on 1 Apr 2012.
I don't think there would be any discount except the corporate discount which is if your company is registered with VW. On the contrary you could get free mud flaps, floor mats. That's it, nothing much. Vento TDi HL sells like hot cakes, just out of factory.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 22:31   #3630
Senior - BHPian

Dont think this is true. Registration charges is 10% for vehicles below 10 lakhs in chennai and dont think there is any proposal to increase the diesel vehicles RTO charges by 3%, atleast I havent come across any such information. Dont beleive the crap these guys dish out, by the way who is the dealer? Abra or Sundaram?

Its a different story if VW decides to increase the price of the TDI variant though.

Quote:
VW sales told me that Diesel car prices will be hiked by 3% due to additional tax imposed by Govt. Don't know how credible is this?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks