Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2013, 20:50   #5941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Yes you got it right the technical term is 'Compulsory deductible'. It is mentioned in the policy. I just renewed my car's 0 dep for the 4th year and while reading through the pdf on terms and conditions it was definitely somewhere in there. It does not appear on the cover-note though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaicon View Post
Why is this not mentioned in my uinsurance document . This is called a "co payment" or "compulsory deductible" I guess.
Old 30th March 2013, 20:56   #5942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post

Did you check the disc after being machined or did you trust the guys at KSM ? If after machining the surface is not picture perfect shiny then its not done properly . Further, if the machining is not done properly and the disc surface is not perfectly plane there would be barely perceptible undulations which would affect braking and would likely cause severe shudder.
No. I did not check it after machining but i think that they must have done their job well cause the shuddering has reappeared after 12500kms from the last service. My car has done 28k now.
Old 1st April 2013, 11:58   #5943
BHPian

This weekend had a lot of nitty gritty things to be done, related to the tires and the wheels. On a friend's recommendation, tried going to the friendly neighborhood tire shop (FNTS), the name of the shop, in Bangalore is A1 Car care center. The owner of the shop is Illiyas, his cell number is 9880049305.

The good part about this guy, he will give u his chaps for the most time consuming and least paying jobs, has a good inventory of alloy wheels and new tires, got a wheel alignment and balancing also done from his place, pretty satisfied, it actually was faster than going to the tire empire etc....

He is located on the Asoka Pillar road, JP Nagar 1st block

Aaddress: No.1/1, Ashoka Pillar Rd, 1st Blk, Nr Mallige Mahabodhi Hospital, Jayanagar - 560011
Karnataka Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_20130331_140026.jpg  

Last edited by evilshantanu : 1st April 2013 at 12:02. Reason: modified post
Old 1st April 2013, 17:58   #5944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
This weekend had a lot of nitty gritty things to be done, related to the tires and the wheels. On a friend's recommendation, tried going to the friendly neighborhood tire shop (FNTS), the name of the shop, in Bangalore is A1 Car care center. The owner of the shop is Illiyas, his cell number is 9880049305.

The good part about this guy, he will give u his chaps for the most time consuming and least paying jobs, has a good inventory of alloy wheels and new tires, got a wheel alignment and balancing also done from his place, pretty satisfied, it actually was faster than going to the tire empire etc....

He is located on the Asoka Pillar road, JP Nagar 1st block

Aaddress: No.1/1, Ashoka Pillar Rd, 1st Blk, Nr Mallige Mahabodhi Hospital, Jayanagar - 560011
Karnataka Bangalore
@ evilshantanu - It is good to know you had a good experiance with these guys.
Had been to the same tire guy abt 6 months back to have a new set of alloys and tires installed on a friends car. Had a horrible experience. the guy who attended had little knowledge. Immediately after installation, while driving back home, we could feel the car pulling to the left side. Asked my friend to drive down to Tire Professionals, located near my house in Basavanagudi and found out that the camber bolt was machined by them for additional threading during alignment It was a disaster. Thanks to the hard work of the guys at Tire Professionals, (they worked for over an hour to set things right), the car is now driving well.
We approached the A1 fellows with the readings frm tire professional and they couldn't answer us. All they did was pass the buck and give lame excuses. Do have your alignment/ balancing checked from your regular guy.
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:30   #5945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
@ evilshantanu - It is good to know you had a good experiance with these guys.
Had been to the same tire guy abt 6 months back to have a new set of alloys and tires installed on a friends car. Had a horrible experience. the guy who attended had little knowledge. Immediately after installation, while driving back home, we could feel the car pulling to the left side. Asked my friend to drive down to Tire Professionals, located near my house in Basavanagudi and found out that the camber bolt was machined by them for additional threading during alignment It was a disaster. Thanks to the hard work of the guys at Tire Professionals, (they worked for over an hour to set things right), the car is now driving well.
We approached the A1 fellows with the readings frm tire professional and they couldn't answer us. All they did was pass the buck and give lame excuses. Do have your alignment/ balancing checked from your regular guy.
Thanks for the info mate! I didnt get alignment done from them, just did the wheel balancing, I guess that doesnt require a lot of skills.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:48   #5946
BHPian

Polo gt 1.2 tsi + 7 speed DSG coming our way!
newtonMeter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 15:43   #5947
BHPian

Volks,

I'm planning to get the tires changed this weekend, suggestions please.

Primacy LC/RE 88 or any other better tyre?

Size : 195/60 R15?
Old 3rd April 2013, 17:39   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Volks,

I'm planning to get the tires changed this weekend, suggestions please.

Primacy LC/RE 88 or any other better tyre?

Size : 195/60 R15?
Primacy has relatively softer side walls. I would reccomend A-Drives, considering the potholes that mysteriously surface up on the ORR during the upcoming rainy season
Old 3rd April 2013, 18:52   #5949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Primacy has relatively softer side walls. I would reccomend A-Drives, considering the potholes that mysteriously surface up on the ORR during the upcoming rainy season
Thanks Shantanu.
How is the grip and noise level in A-Drive compare to Apollo, Any known issues?
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:19   #5950
BHPian

Guys
For the last one week, my Vento's horn doesn't seem to work well. Honking in the first few 100 meters I feel only a part of the horn getting worked. After some time it seems to be OK, though there seems to be this on/off with the loudness. Anyone having similar problems ?? Any solutions / Cause ?

Cheers !
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:45   #5951
BHPian

Friends - any pointer for a vento body kit ? Also assuming no money criteria what best white lightss can I add? I need the ones like audi or bmw or laura l&k . Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:52   #5952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Friends - any pointer for a vento body kit ? Also assuming no money criteria what best white lightss can I add? I need the ones like audi or bmw or laura l&k . Thanks
For lights you can look at ownership threads of ninjatalli and noopster.
Old 4th April 2013, 14:13   #5953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Can someone please point me to the PDI checklist ? Vento tdi delivery next week.
here you go

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 14:41   #5954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
For lights better have a look at the modifications sections posted by navin. There are lot of ventos with projector setups too minus the DRLs.
Old 4th April 2013, 14:45   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Thanks Shantanu.
How is the grip and noise level in A-Drive compare to Apollo, Any known issues?
I had JK Vectras in my car, as compared to those the tire noise it atleast 60-65% lesser now, and its absolute delight for highway driving. The braking has improved by leaps and bounds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks