Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 16:30   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Any pics. of the "new" grille?
Here's the pic of the NOS Select Grille that I could lay my hand on earlier.

The "NEW" old Grille which I got the other day, during Sankranthi, came alongwith a set of Bumpers with the guards and the gear shifter column. I shall post pics of them later.
Old 28th January 2008, 17:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, lovely Suren!

Although its a SUPER SELECT grille.......maybe its a sign telling you about your possible next acquisition?
Old 28th January 2008, 23:24   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Here's the pic of the NOS Select Grille that I could lay my hand on earlier.

The "NEW" old Grille which I got the other day, during Sankranthi, came alongwith a set of Bumpers with the guards and the gear shifter column. I shall post pics of them later.
that grill looks brand new.. very nice..but as stanher said it is a super select grille
Old 29th January 2008, 11:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, lovely Suren! Although its a SUPER SELECT grille.......maybe its a sign telling you about your possible next acquisition?
Thanks for that wish... hmmm, a super select, man, there I'm of to the parts bazaar for more parts. Now lets see.... Side Indicators (near to impossible, ELegant's was totally impossible), Rear Lights (possible with the help of Stanher), Handles (possible with the help of Stanher), Front Parking lights (possible with the help of Stanher), Steering (possible with the help of Stanher).... Hey Stanher now you know where this is heading don't ya?
Old 29th January 2008, 11:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
that grill looks brand new.. very nice..but as stanher said it is a super select grille
Point noted Cyrus and just for clarification it is a brand new grille, NOS, took it out of the plastic and corrugated packing for taking a pic. The old grille that we are talking about is another that I had sourced for my Elegant.
Old 29th January 2008, 13:01   #66
BHPian

Grilles

Here is the New OLD Grille that I got during Sankranthi. The Reflector of this Grille's Center Light is buggered though. Kindly also note that it has been dismantled and just pieced together for the sake of the snap to be taken.

Stanher, you might remember this Grille, the one which was perfect when we took it of the Black Elegant:

Sadly, this is what had happened to it while the workshop was handling it: :((

Old 29th January 2008, 19:38   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lesson learnt I hope. Cosmetic and delicate items should NEVER be left unattended at a workshop, especially when the work is long term.

Lesson number 2. When your car is left at a workshop for minor work also, remove hubcaps at home. The mechanic will remove them to access the brakes, leave and drag them face down resulting in scratches and dents, and store the wheel bolts in them, leaving nasty dings on the outside.
Old 29th January 2008, 19:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Lesson learnt I hope. Cosmetic and delicate items should NEVER be left unattended at a workshop, especially when the work is long term.
the mechanics lost a couple of handles from my car when I had given it in for repair.
Old 29th January 2008, 20:58   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Suren, here are a few illustrations of the air filters as requested. Note they are of a slightly different design and orientation, but in the correct light green colour. I have one in this colour, but in design similar to yours.

The airfilter on your car is similar to the black one below without vents, circled in red and is apprently offered on the 1100 TV, or tourismo veloce. The one circled in yellow is similar to the ones pictured above, but in black, so both colours were offered. I hope this isnt getting too confusing, or boring for that matter

Here is an engine cutout, perhaps you can see the colours offered for the various parts here. Again, note the permutations and combinations of air filters.

And finally, the pretty lady, especially requested for by suren

Old 29th January 2008, 22:25   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the New OLD Grille that I got during Sankranthi. The Reflector of this Grille's Center Light is buggered though. Kindly also note that it has been dismantled and just pieced together for the sake of the snap to be taken.

Stanher, you might remember this Grille, the one which was perfect when we took it of the Black Elegant:

Sad to see the loss Suren, although as Karl said, hopefully youve learnt it the hard way!

'not suggesting they did it intentionally......but whatever said & done, most mechanics usually couldnt afford to be as careful as us owners...mainly because they are often pressed for time so they cant concentrate on even the minor aspects of the cars they work on.....plus in their mind they are programmed to just get the job done, like in this case it was to fit the grille on, thats it, period.

Lately I had noticed that although I wasnt as complacent in this matter I was veering towards it......thank God for this post of Karl's that made me alert!
Old 29th January 2008, 22:27   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Stanher now you know where this is heading don't ya?
I think so...
Btw, did I help you get the handles as well?? I dont remember....
Old 30th January 2008, 09:21   #72
BHPian

Hey Suren,
Nice restoration effort there. All the very best with your resto. Appreciate your scavenging the market(s) for as much NOS as can be found. The Super Select grille is simply superb and immediately brought a smile on my face. A colleague who saw me smiling at the grille announced to everyone that I am a 'Gone Case'.

Quote:
Although its a SUPER SELECT grille.......maybe its a sign telling you about your possible next acquisition?
You fiat crazy guys are really crazy, supersitious and optimistic. I am sure that Suren is feeling lucky about a possible Super Select already.
Old 30th January 2008, 10:36   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Lesson number 2. When your car is left at a workshop for minor work also, remove hubcaps at home. The mechanic will remove them to access the brakes, leave and drag them face down resulting in scratches and dents, and store the wheel bolts in them, leaving nasty dings on the outside.
Aye Aye Sir, point noted and will definitely worked upon, for my benefit. Thank you Karl.

Hey and thanks a ton for the pics, Had the pretty lady's pic (I meant the Blue Elegant ) only it wasn't this size.

Karl, one more thing in the following pic the engine case seems to be painted a hamilton tone blue. Do I take it as a reference and follow the same?

Old 30th January 2008, 12:29   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karl, one more thing in the following pic the engine case seems to be painted a hamilton tone blue. Do I take it as a reference and follow the same?
I too noticed the blue, but have never seen any Fiats sporting this colour. All that I have seen are silver.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:21   #75
BHPian

Air filter fitted on my 1955 Millicento

Plate on the right shows the complete air cleaner sub-assembly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks