Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 19:18   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
Air filter fitted on my 1955 Millicento
I see you have repainted the filter black from the earlier light silver-green.

What do you use as a filter element? They obviously arent available, so what fits best? I havent fitted mine yet as I cant find the correct size.
Old 30th January 2008, 21:46   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I see you have repainted the filter black from the earlier light silver-green.

What do you use as a filter element? They obviously arent available, so what fits best? I havent fitted mine yet as I cant find the correct size.
Karl you have an amazing memory. Almonds or what?? I changed the colour of the filter to black as i was not sure of the earlier colour ...if it was indeed the original shade. After looking at a black filter on a millicento brochure I was convinced that black was the right colour. Infact this time instead of repainting it, i got it black powder coated.

It shall last longer than a coat of paint and is scratch resistant too.

I was lucky enough to find this filter asembly with the filter in reasonably decent condition. But you can often find NOS filters being sold at ebay, and most of the time they remain unsold...not many buyers?? or maybe prohibitive costs?
Old 5th February 2008, 14:43   #78
BHPian

Fiat Lights

Quote:
Great to see progress on the car Suren.

To address the headlamp ring queries, these particular units were popular accessories, sold mainly on the 1100 TV or tourismo veloce, a tuned version of the humber 1100, with a subtly different body. They might be repros, but very faithfull ones at that.

The 54, 55, 56 Millecentos never came with side indicators.

The late 56, 57, centre light units had tiny round ones in the centre of the mudguard, similar in size to Uno units.

The 58-62 Selects came with the tear drop shape, the 62-72 Super select and Delights came with larger round units with an aluminium base.

The above description is in respect to cars sold in India. While there were more permutations and combinations, dont go by any fittings you see on a well restored car in Italy, they too make blunders, or compromises for modern regulations. It is best to stick to factory literature, which too has a small chance of being suspect.
The millecentos indeed came without side indicators. The smaller lights below the headlights were the indicators on the front panel. The parking lights are incorporated inside the headlamp. It is a small glass tube (similar to a glass fuse) that gives a diffused light from the headlamp side as well it illuminates the engine bay from the reverse side. Infact it is a double sided head lamp assembly with glass on both sides - front and inside towards the engine.

Since having indicators on the sides are more practical, many millicento owners get them fitted for safety reasons.

Old 5th February 2008, 16:51   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhan_kidwai View Post
The parking lights are incorporated inside the headlamp. It is a small glass tube (similar to a glass fuse) that gives a diffused light from the headlamp side as well it illuminates the engine bay from the reverse side. Infact it is a double sided head lamp assembly with glass on both sides - front and inside towards the engine.
Here is a pic of the reverse side. Its quite a thoughtful touch, and quite a luxury for a small car.

Old 5th February 2008, 17:04   #80

that lighting system was impressive...have seen it in one of the cars at the vccci rally
Old 6th February 2008, 10:45   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
that lighting system was impressive...have seen it in one of the cars at the vccci rally
I assume that was in Pune? A car with original headlights has never taken part in a Bombay rally since years.
Old 6th February 2008, 12:52   #82

no wait..not in a vcci rally..there is a parsi guy in wadala who has those lights in his 54..he has those inside lights, air filter..and a lot more lying at home..dont remember his name..the car is in bad shape..not selling it..(it has the small headlights et all)
Old 6th February 2008, 14:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Do all milliecentos have this system? Atleast, do all the small size lamps have them, or only a specific type? What about the elegant?
Old 6th February 2008, 23:04   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
no wait..not in a vcci rally..there is a parsi guy in wadala who has those lights in his 54..he has those inside lights, air filter..and a lot more lying at home..dont remember his name..the car is in bad shape..not selling it..(it has the small headlights et all)
Im glad my memory serves me right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey! Do all milliecentos have this system? Atleast, do all the small size lamps have them, or only a specific type? What about the elegant?
These lights were offered from 54 to 57, covering the 2 styles of dukkar.
Old 7th February 2008, 00:19   #85

karl remember this car in the last vcci rally when you drove mrx 9000??? does this car have it?
Old 7th February 2008, 09:39   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

While BMC 3105 does have smaller headlights, they are adapted from some other car. Note the ultra rare front indicator assemblies.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:38   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Suren, what's the status on your Fiat? Finalised a colour scheme yet?
Old 2nd April 2008, 22:08   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suren, what's the status on your Fiat? Finalised a colour scheme yet?
I met him today and he said he finally has finalised the colour. I'm not sure if I should go aheada & disclose this or let him break the happy news himself...I'll give a hint though- the colour name starts with 'B'
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
the colour name starts with 'B'
I know, Borange!!!!
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:33   #90

Is it BRED?? HeHE. Anyways Suren, Wats the statys on the car buddy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks