Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 13:08   #676
BANNED

Fiatians:
I am just getting a thought!

Why not have a FCB, FCCC-M, FCCH meet in HYD itself?!!! Bangalore to Hyd is 600kms i think.

Regards,
Arun!
Old 17th June 2010, 13:16   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
Fiatians:
I am just getting a thought!

Why not have a FCB, FCCC-M, FCCH meet in HYD itself?!!! Bangalore to Hyd is 600kms i think.

Regards,
Arun!
Its a wonderful idea Arun..Weather in Hyderabad has cooled down very well and monsoon has just begun.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:21   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - please do something. I want to drive the LHD in the monsoon. Its a feeling I can't describe. Only an LHD gives that feeling.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th June 2010, 13:25   #679
Senior - BHPian

It cannot get any better. Driving in the rains is altogether a different feeling. That too in a Fiat, PRICELESS! I love to be part of this drive.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:30   #680
BANNED

B.D Sirji, if you give a green signal to the meet then it can surely happen!
Old 17th June 2010, 16:11   #681
BHPian

Nice to see "Horses" of Behram Sir in his FIAT stable. They are really toooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood. Especially under the bonet. I can understand the pain to clean and maintain in such neat and nice condition. In fact first time in my life i am seeing FIAT's under bonet in such a superb condition. Hats off to you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( And of course thanx a lot for 1st reply on my thread" FIAT-0-GRAPHY @ AHMEDNAGAR")
Old 18th June 2010, 00:13   #682
Senior - BHPian

Great to see Dhabar ji on this thread, indeed its an honour for us (FCCH) and to add upon this Sir you shared your desire to come to Hyderabad and that too in a Fiat, I will be ready with the Red carpet sir ji.

There is no room for any doubt in saying you cars are EXCELLENT the Super Select gives a fresh feel as if it has just rolled out from the factory.

What is so special in Left hand drive sir? I know driving in rain/monsoon is fun but in a Fiat how different it is? please share your experience for a beginner like me I would love to hear it from you sir ji.

One last request can you post the engine bay of your LHD as it has a bulge/bump on the hood I wanna see what is it all about.

FCB, FCCH & FCCC-M in Hyderabad Bhoy!! You guys are not kidding isn't it? that would be a blast man! awesome idea. We can has FIAT festival/carnival showcasing all the cars of different state in one place. Way to go FIATans and that what is all about FIATTitude.
Old 18th June 2010, 06:24   #683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
What is so special in Left hand drive sir? I know driving in rain/monsoon is fun but in a Fiat how different it is? please share your experience for a beginner like me I would love to hear it from you sir ji.
LHD is a exported and re-imported s1! And s1 was done during B.D Sir's stint in PAL. So I guess its his favorite!

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-9.jpg

Quote:
One last request can you post the engine bay of your LHD as it has a bulge/bump on the hood I wanna see what is it all about.
This bump was done in memory of B.D Sir's other favorite PP MMY 43! Hence the name Cyrus43! And I love this car as it looks just like my White PP Economy!!

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-1.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-11.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-2.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-3.jpg

Some pics of the LHD hood

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-4.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-5.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-6.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-7.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-8.jpg

Quote:
FCB, FCCH & FCCC-M in Hyderabad Bhoy!! You guys are not kidding isn't it? that would be a blast man! awesome idea. We can has FIAT festival/carnival showcasing all the cars of different state in one place. Way to go FIATans and that what is all about FIATTitude.
Lets wait and watch if this plan atleast comes through!!

Regards,
Arun!!
Old 19th June 2010, 00:12   #684
BHPian

"FIAT Padmini-GenX" Give a thought

I always dream about this fantasy. The way FIAT made Fiat-500(exact replica of Beetle CAR) FIAT India should remake a CAR which will be exact replica of “Premier Padmini” with Model name as “ FIAT Padmini-GenX”. (Fiat Padmini- Generation X)
The exterior of the CAR should exactly similar to Padmini. Same shape, same cabin, front and back from outside. But the “ FIAT Padmini-GenX” will only look like “Premier Padmini” but it will be totally a modern CAR.

1. It will be powered with 1.2 L FIRE petrol / diesel Multijet engine which is
used in Grande Punto or Palio.
2. It will have total new technology dash board similar to Punto/Palio.
3. Power steering, power windows, Rear Wiper, A/C, CD player etc.
4. Option for Floor / Hand gear Model
5. Bucket seats (but elevated so that the corners of the headlamp can be
seen) with completely new interior.
6. Central Locking, latest handles
7. Radial tyres with old wheel caps but disc braking system
8. Remote bonet, rear dicky and Fuel Lid opener
9. Color schemes in two versions
A. All old model colors (plain) which were very popular
B. Latest metallic colors of Punto, Palio, Linea
10. Crystal clear lens /glass Headlamps, LED Tail Lamps
11. Same radiator grill but with all new “FIAT” red color logo instead of “PAL”
12. All new high grade rust proof metallic body.
13. Telescopic dual effect suspensions

I am dam sure if FIAT India gives serious thought, I’l bet they will sell this model minimum 500 /per month all over India and for next 10-20 years. But only they should not put cost too high like Fiat-500 (approx 15 Lakhs). If they limit the petrol version cost to 3 to 4 Lakhs and Diesel version to 4 to 5 Lakhs then it will be a huge success.

(earlier posted in orkut but can't resist to repost here again)
Old 19th June 2010, 08:14   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
I always dream about this fantasy. The way FIAT made Fiat-500(exact replica of Beetle CAR) FIAT India should remake a CAR which will be exact replica of “Premier Padmini” with Model name as “ FIAT Padmini-GenX”. (Fiat Padmini- Generation X)....
Thats one dreamyou have Narendra. Wish it comes true and i will be first to buy one.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2010 at 16:59. Reason: Reducing size of quoted post.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:38   #686
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! wow!! Wow!! for a moment I thought FIAT is coming up with this car as I slipped of the first few sentence as eager to see the list of specifications mentioned. However I feel you have given a damn good idea "Fiat padmini Gen-x" "What an idea sirji ". Not to poach your dream but, If I were you I will name it "Padmini-NXT" and variant would also have Split A/C, Plush interiors, Automatic adjusting seats along with arm rest, ABS and another unique feature as in Scorpio "M Hawk" series Automatic wiper when it drizzles/rains and auto Head lamp when undergoing through a tunnel.

How about that folks, it isn't asking for too much. We have all the resources and the car shouldn't cost more than 4-4.5 lac with petrol and around 5 5.5 lac Diesel.

Oh don't know if we will have the above specified car but sure I got the feel of creating one. With this I got an Idea why not customise one with above specification with Fiat parts. I know its a costly affair but sure there would be some "mad nut" somewhere who is thinking about this already.

Great folks had through satisfactin discussing the above and leaving the rest in this thread to your magination keep pouring in the ideas, who knows FIAT is reading us.
Old 19th June 2010, 15:08   #687
BHPian

Instead of calling it a Padmini -X, it should be called the 1100D-X or something similar. The term Padmini was coined by PAL and I believe FIAPL will not be able to use this word or rather would not like to be associated with PAL after the Uno fiasco -- Just my thoughts
Old 20th June 2010, 20:43   #688
Senior - BHPian

Dissapointing persuit

I wanted to share my disappointment which I encountered today, I was at the denter of my Jeep and it rained for few minutes and it cleared and was about to start back home that is when this happened a cyclist wearing green shirt passed me I dont know if it is natural or its only to my eyes a FIAT delight LOGO which comes on to the grille was fixed to his cycle and my bullet breakes were stuck due to water seeping inside I loosened the break nut which led in almost no brakes as wanted to quickly follow the guy and grab that Logo. I quickly started the bike and took U turn and found this guy to be missing. Its a utter dissapointment there was a three way cross road and could find any green shirt cyclist.

I hope I will find him next time don't know I am feeling bad he was just inches away from me I could have shouted and stopped him don't know what happened my mind took few minutes to understand what went through. its an DISSAPOINTING PERSUIT.

Last edited by chanu : 20th June 2010 at 20:45.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:41   #689
BANNED

^Interesting pursuit there Bala. I too kept collecting Original Fiat logos of Delight, Super Select, Millecento etc. I had almost a dozen of them. Eventually distributed them among FCBians.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:51   #690
BHPian

Really disaapointing that your quick persuit failed. Anyway he must be working in nearby garage (Let's pray so) . Next time u just ask your denter about him. Or keep seeing that area carefully when u visit. best luck

Most Viewed