Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 07:59   #2626
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Now do we have a comparable model from better manufacturers like MT, LS2 and the likes? Budget is max 6000.
You can look at the MT Thunder 3 series which is in the similar range of your budget.

I had been using MT Axxis helmet for touring earlier and found to be VFM at the price around Rs 5K.

Link - https://www.spartanprogear.com/colle...ce=6000%3A8000

Cheers,
Amey
Old 28th June 2018, 08:40   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
You can look at the MT Thunder 3 series which is in the similar range of your budget.

I had been using MT Axxis helmet for touring earlier and found to be VFM at the price around Rs 5K.

Link - https://www.spartanprogear.com/colle...ce=6000%3A8000

Cheers,
Amey
Thanks for the response Amey, but I am looking for helmet with sun shade i.e. Moto cross type from the bigger brands.
Old 28th June 2018, 09:00   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Thanks for the response Amey, but I am looking for helmet with sun shade i.e. Moto cross type from the bigger brands.
Thanks for clarifying. I haven't seen any MT in a moto cross category here in India.

You can check LS2 in the below link -

https://www.amazon.in/Helmet-MX436-L.../dp/B01L6PJ31Y

Also, SOL also has a few varieties stocked up by Open Roads at Pune. You may want to check them out as well.

http://www.openroadpune.com/category...tegory=helmets

Cheers,
Amey
Old 28th June 2018, 13:16   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I haven't seen any MT in a moto cross category here in India.

You can check LS2 in the below link -

https://www.amazon.in/Helmet-MX436-L.../dp/B01L6PJ31Y

Also, SOL also has a few varieties stocked up by Open Roads at Pune. You may want to check them out as well.

http://www.openroadpune.com/category...tegory=helmets

Cheers,
Amey
Thanks Amey. The SOL looks good and in my budget. I live in Chennai, will check it out here.
Old 29th June 2018, 00:11   #2630
Team-BHP Support

Another typical Fortnine comparison. Good watch.
Old 1st July 2018, 20:53   #2631
BHPian

Was in the market for a helmet as my 5 year old Sparx S07 was due for a much needed upgrade.

With a budget of 15k, I looked at primarily HJC IS17, HJC FG17 and HJC FG-ST. Although the HJCs fit me well, I didn't really like any colours or graphics available in these models. Also the internal sun visor is a mandatory requirement for me.

Casual browsing on Amazon, I found a great deal for a HJC RPHA ST. Met all my requirements and looked great too, at a mouth watering price. Got it shipped within US and then hand carried with the help of a bhpian friend. The size charts suggested that all RPHA helmets have common sizes. Tried out an RPHA10 and RPHA11 here and L fit be snug for my hat size of 57.5-58.

Some pics below.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20180701wa0089.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20180701wa0090.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20180701wa0088.jpg

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20180701wa0091.jpg
Added_flavor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 16:47   #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Well hello everyone,

Will write a short review after using it for a couple thousand kilometers.
I'm also looking for similar features - light weight, good vison helmet?

Where do you get this in Bangalore?

[b]Note from Support: Post fixed for readability.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:11   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surechim View Post
I'm also looking for similar features - light weight, good vison helmet?

Where do you get this in Bangalore?
You have a couple of places to source them -

1)Orion motors in Koramangala, they have the largest collection and are pretty knowledgeable. You can contact Edwin or Balaji there.

2)Biking Spirit in Recidency Road, would recommend to avoid, the sale man who calls himself "K" and and the owner are proper thieves and would go to any length to bag a sale.

3)Lets gear up in HSR Layout.

4)There is a new store when you enter Lalbagh Road with a Scott and DSG board on it, and try it out.
Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 21:18   #2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I also bought a twister 2 weeks back as an additional helmet and like the features given for the price, it's a very good entry level helmet I think. Got it for 3900. It's very well worth the price.

Only problem with the helmet is, at speeds above 45/50, you can feel a gush of air/noise from the left side of the helemt, which is coming from the gap at the internal visor switch. Just try and cover the bottom side of internal visor switch with thumb and you can make out that the air/noise stops immediately.

Will try and fix this thing in the coming days, it is quite annoying on the go.

Otherwise I like the fit and finish of the helmet and also the internal visor and pin lock given.

KK
Where did you buy this for this price at Bangalore?
Old 14th July 2018, 23:20   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
2)Biking Spirit in Recidency Road, would recommend to avoid, the sale man who calls himself "K" and and the owner are proper thieves and would go to any length to bag a sale
I have purchased plenty from biking spirit and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They've always strived to reach out and make sure each customer gets the best gear that they can.

Their prices are also in line with what is available online in India and abroad, should they source the gear.

I would suggest that before slandering a store, you substantiate it with your experience. Besides, I'm sure the store owner, Rishab would help you if you had any issues.
Shanenanigans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 07:00   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I have purchased plenty from biking spirit and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They've always strived to reach out and make sure each customer gets the best gear that they can.

Their prices are also in line with what is available online in India and abroad, should they source the gear.

I would suggest that before slandering a store, you substantiate it with your experience. Besides, I'm sure the store owner, Rishab would help you if you had any issues.
Well sorry, I meant no offence.

What I told was a culmination of mine and a friends experience which I would like to keep private.

I stand by what I told and rather than calling it slandering I would call it my personal experience with them.

I am happy that you have had a good experience with them but unfortunately for us that was not the case.

To each his own, cheers mate.
Old 16th July 2018, 09:28   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Well sorry, I meant no offence..
OT: Hi Gents, apologies if I am intruding in your 1-1 conversation, but I have to say that I agree with what Shanenanigans has written above.

@ Thebat - I am no lawyer, but if you clearly label someone "proper thieves" without substantiation or at least a few lines as to why you feel that way, it is actually borderline slander/libel.

At the very least, it dilutes the credibility of your post, and consequently this forum.

Again, no offence, and hope you take it in the right spirit.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th July 2018 at 09:33.
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 10:27   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have bought quite a few items from this store and each time Rishab has been very helpful and patient while I make the right choice. I've even had to go back and exchange a pair of gloves and riding pants as I had picked up the wrong size.

@Thebat: Talk to Rishab and sort it out. He is very focused on the customer being satisfied rather than just a sale.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 11:49   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have bought quite a few items from this store and each time Rishab has been very helpful and patient while I make the right choice. I've even had to go back and exchange a pair of gloves and riding pants as I had picked up the wrong size.

@Thebat: Talk to Rishab and sort it out. He is very focused on the customer being satisfied rather than just a sale.
Thank you Aditya,

Will definatly do that and update here.

Concerning the backlash, I wish to clarify that what I have posted is from a personal experience and to take it or leave it is at the mercy of the reader.

I am aware of their services through others and that was one of the main reasons we went there, and we but hey not all days are sundays.

I felt obligated to share my view about stores in bangalore when someone asked about it so did so.

I again apologise to the people who have found the post offensive I really did not want it to sound the way it did to you. It was told only from a personal standpoint and I stand by what I said.
Old 20th July 2018, 16:59   #2640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt obligated to share my view about stores in bangalore when someone asked about it so did so.

I again apologise to the people who have found the post offensive I really did not want it to sound the way it did to you. It was told only from a personal standpoint and I stand by what I said.
No offence taken at all.

You are free to share your views, that's what this forum is all for. Hope you find a resolution at the earliest.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed