Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 12:29   #316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Guys, how are RJays' Helmets? Are they any good?
I think they are decent ones and are certified by Australian Motorcycle standards, Bachoo Motors stocks them and when i was there, i did have a look,

pricey for a un-known brand*,(pricing goes upto ~11K and that particular helmet would be a steal at ~7K)

*i feel so, else why wouldn't they take pains to get it DOT(min) certified at-least
Old 27th May 2010, 13:04   #317

How about Vemar? Im dam pleased with mine, good fit, very sturdy..
the visor isnt scratch resistant tho
Old 27th May 2010, 14:51   #318
BHPian

Look at this sad excuse for a Helmet, since helmets are mandatory in my office this person is using this.

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-51300466.jpg
Old 28th May 2010, 14:28   #319

the way the bike is maintained, speaks volumes about the person; so its not really surprising that he wouldn't care for his life either
is that grass in his helmet?
Old 30th May 2010, 02:10   #320
BHPian

Guys, how is this helmet ? Studds Ninja Concept.

http://www.studds.com/products-htmls...a_concept.html

It's ISI rated but doesn't confirm to higher technical specifications mentioned in similar threads on this website.

I drive an Activa with max speed of 60 km/h and average speed of 40-50 km/h.
Old 30th May 2010, 11:25   #321
BHPian

I see that almost all of the members telling that a helmet has to be discarded after 5 years. How do you discard it? Doesn't the helmet end up in the wrong hands and after a good refurbish be sold to someone else? I want to junk my 5 year old helmet and get a new one, but I'm a bit worried about this.

There are too many brands out there and it's a bit confusing for me. I'm thinking for going for a 1-2k budget helmet. From the designs, what I've observed till date is, there are very few helmet brands out there which truly protects your head completely. The helmet covers your face completely leaving the back of your head naked or the other way round, if you push it up a bit. I've got a small head and need to ensure that I get a light helmet with good full protection. Also, I'm thin too, don't want to end up looking like a cartoon Any particular brand for all the needs mentioned?
Old 30th May 2010, 17:41   #322
BHPian

Good Entry level Motocross Helmet from STUDDS

Hi Guys,

I got this motocross helmet MOTOCROSS Devil & Stone from the most reliable helmet manufacturer of India, STUDDS. I paid 1500+100 for the helmet + additional visor, which weighs 1450gms. A good safe & secure feeling cross-helmet for that budget.

Checked with a latest model Vega helmet, which was pretty cheaper not just on costs, but also on the build quality, material & finally yielding a not so-secure feel to the lower back of head.

Last edited by tantragna : 30th May 2010 at 17:57.
Old 31st May 2010, 19:00   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Hi Guys,

I got this motocross helmet MOTOCROSS Devil & Stone from the most reliable helmet manufacturer of India, STUDDS. I paid 1500+100 for the helmet + additional visor, which weighs 1450gms. A good safe & secure feeling cross-helmet for that budget.

Checked with a latest model Vega helmet, which was pretty cheaper not just on costs, but also on the build quality, material & finally yielding a not so-secure feel to the lower back of head.
Looks good! Let me guess, you own a RX Can you please tell me where you bought it from? Since you are also from Bangalore, did you scout around few shops in J.C. Road before settling for this?
Old 31st May 2010, 21:24   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Looks good! Let me guess, you own a RX Can you please tell me where you bought it from? Since you are also from Bangalore, did you scout around few shops in J.C. Road before settling for this?
No dude, wrong guess I ride a P150 DTSi! I bought it for using for the Dakshin Dare 2010 - Endurance Rally Championship, which will be starting shortly (8th to 13th June).

I did check a couple of shops on Lalbagh Road (parallel to JC Road, near Urvashi Theatre) before buying at Helmet Palace for 1500+100 for the helmet + visor (which I am not using, as I got the Motocross Goggles for 550 at a shop next to Motocross shop on Arumugam Mudaliar Road).
Old 1st June 2010, 18:12   #325
BHPian

I use GP ONE from steelbird. nice helmet it is with lot of pading, got for 2.3k 2 years back. but can be a problem in very hot & humid climate

Steelbird Helmets: Catalogue-The GPone Series
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:01   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
No dude, wrong guess I ride a P150 DTSi! I bought it for using for the Dakshin Dare 2010 - Endurance Rally Championship, which will be starting shortly (8th to 13th June)
That's cool! All the best BTW, any idea if the shops at J.C.Road are open on Sundays? That's the only day I'm free for shopping.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:54   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
That's cool! All the best BTW, any idea if the shops at J.C.Road are open on Sundays? That's the only day I'm free for shopping.
Thanks for the wishes @rdna! I am afraid you wont find many shops open, especially the good ones! So hunt in the weekdays.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:06   #328
BHPian

Weekdays it is. Will try to squeeze in sometime. BTW, no one has still told as to how they 'dispose' their helmet after the usual 3-5 years period.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:39   #329
BHPian

So, no one disposes their helmets?
Old 6th June 2010, 16:34   #330
Team-BHP Support

as pillions sometimes,
else it gets stolen as i become less careful about it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks