Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2016, 09:12   #2926
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Dainese is having a sale. Got a great deal on a leather jacket and Agv helmet. @50% off.
Nice. Can you share the pictures of the jacket and AGV helmet? What was the deal like?

I spoke to them yesterday and they only had a black solid K5 for 22K after 20% discount which is not worth it, IMO

50% deals are over and now only the 10%-20% deals are available

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th November 2016 at 09:14.
Old 18th November 2016, 09:39   #2927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I spoke to them yesterday and they only had a black solid K5 for 22K after 20% discount which is not worth it, IMO

There is a K4 Evo (XL) for sale. 20k with 50% discount. Only one piece left and is white with red graphics.

They have 40% discounts on Modular helmets which are otherwise priced around 20.5k. Forgot the model name.

They have 5% discounts on K3 SV which is priced around 24k otherwise.
Old 18th November 2016, 10:19   #2928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is a K4 Evo (XL) for sale. 20k with 50% discount. Only one piece left and is white with red graphics
10K for a K4 Evo is a fantastic deal......Now I'm tempted to buy a 4th helmet
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 10:23   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice. Can you share the pictures of the jacket and AGV helmet? What was the deal like?

Yes, too late. All the good ones are gone on the preview sale day itself. But the remaining decent stuff vanished in a day or 2 after that. Will send pictures later when I can.
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:10   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Gents, have any of you picked up riding pants for your better (or bitter ) halves ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Have looked for them around 2 years back and never found anything local in Bangalore. Visited Lets gear up, Biking Spirit and even the stores in Lal Bagh road. Nada!! Not sure if situation has improved now with some options for the ladies. Worth a shot checking at LGU and Biking Spirit.
Found the below options for women from the biking forum. Should help you choose one from the below:

1. Cramster Breezer Mesh/All weather Jacket for Women - 5800 (http://www.cramster.in/products/cram...d-3331067.aspx)

2. Cramster DYNA Riding Jacket for Women - 6200 (http://www.cramster.in/products/cram...d-1333205.aspx)

3. Spartan ASPIDA Venus Women's Mesh Jacket - 6750 (https://www.spartanprogear.com/colle...-womens-jacket)

4. Spartan ASPIDA Aphrodite Women's Jacket - 6799 (https://www.spartanprogear.com/colle...-womens-jacket)

5. Biking Brotherhood BB Angel Rider Jacket - 6500 (http://www.bikingbrotherhood.com/ind...&product_id=64)

Last edited by abhinav.s : 23rd November 2016 at 19:13.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 20:23   #2931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Found the below options for women from the biking forum. Should help you choose one from the below:
Thanks for the compilation Abhinav, but I am looking for pants.

I already got her the Spartan mesh jacket for women when it was launched back in 2012.
Old 23rd November 2016, 20:24   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Thanks for the compilation Abhinav, but I am looking for pants.

I already got her the Spartan mesh jacket for women when it was launched back in 2012.
Oh boy!! What a blooper! Reading your post again found that indeed you are looking for pants which I missed totally. No luck with pants yet. Please let me know if you do find one.
Old 14th December 2016, 01:09   #2933
BHPian

So Dear Gents
Yours truly is planning a major riding gear upgrade / investment in preparation for delivery of a new bike (Versys 650).

Keeping a weather eye on the rapidly dwindling bank balance & the need to buy for 2 (Joys of being Married ) have done a fair bit of research (bleary eyed from it infact).

Parameters:
Cant afford to buy multiple items because of the tiny B'bay pigeon hole I call home, so need to try & cover all the bases within acceptable limits with respect to compromises required & here's what I have in mind.

For Self
Riding Jacket: Mesh Jacket as a priority hence either Spartan Helios (with upgrade to knox level-1 back protector) or Rynox Stealth Evo (If I can find in stock) or Rynox Tornado.

Gloves: TBG Full Gauntlet Sport Gloves.

Riding Pants: I honestly haven't found something suitable yet - Both the SPG Odysssey & the Rynox Pants I saw were very heavy with minimal ventilation - considering B'bay weather I consider mesh panels a priority since for me personally being comfortable will result in a more focused ride - Any Suggestions welcome.

For the Wife
Riding Jacket : SPG Venus
Riding Pants: Search is on - else knee protectors or armoured denim pants
Gloves: Most Probable SPG - depending on what fit/look makes her happy

Now to Helmets:
MT or LS2 or Kronos or SOL: Full Face only - to be decided based on how snugly they fit preferable with double D-ring securing.
There was talk of excessive wind noise affecting the MT helmets - as per AH Helmets, Andheri this has been rectified - any feedback would be good.

You may have noticed I am staying away from brands just as Dainese etc - For now intend to stick with mid range quality offerings & pick up Dainese / Spidi on future international trips as and when the bank balance allows.

Also if anyone can share their experience with AH Helmets will be great
One of the reasons of sticking with Indian brands is hopefully issues can be rectified - Has anyone had experience with Rynox aftersales, SPG has been said iffy by quite a few BHPians.

Look forward to hearing your views / suggestions /personal experiences

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar & spell-check.
Naztone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 08:39   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naztone View Post

Riding Pants: I honestly haven't found something suitable yet - Both the SPG Odysssey & the Rynox Pants I saw were very heavy with minimal ventilation - considering B'bay weather I consider mesh panels a priority since for me personally being comfortable will result in a more focused ride - Any Suggestions welcome.

Now to Helmets:
MT or LS2 or Kronos or SOL: Full Face only - to be decided based on how snugly they fit preferable with double D-ring securing.
There was talk of excessive wind noise affecting the MT helmets - as per AH Helmets, Andheri this has been rectified - any feedback would be good.

Look forward to hearing your views / suggestions /personal experiences

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar & spell-check.

Hey Naztone,

Congratulations on your purchase of Versys 650.

Basically, I feel the gear type comes from the type of riding style you would be doing on the bike.

As you know the Versys is a Mile muncher and a good off-roader, a good helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and riding boots are a must.

You can look at RYNOX, Spartans pants however I have an experience these pants are not satisfactory in rains for which then, you may look at Triumph touring pants which are the best.

I suggest you to look at chest, spine and additional armor if you are planning to do long tours.

You have not mentioned Riding boots in your post. I feel riding boots are essential especially if you are riding a tall bike. You may look at the basic range like - DS Moto, RST, TCX etc touring boots or Alpinestars, Dainese, Sidi medium price range boots.

Regarding helmets, I use a MT helmet and I am not happy with it. Too much wind noise and low build quality of cushions. I suggest to increase the budget and buy HJC at least.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 14th December 2016, 09:39   #2935
BHPian

Hi Amey
Wrt riding style on open roads it's more of cruising / mile munching, however in Traffic controlled aggression comes to the fore within a few days of coming back to India - thou I thank God that I survived my younger stupider days where it was just aggression

Will definitely check out the Triumph touring pants - Thanks
Was hoping that the SPG Proteus might work for me, wrt rain intention is to use a overpant like the Forclaz 300

Will research chest armour too

Wrt Helmets MT is definitely out - I want reasonable quiet
missed out on the HJC- right now helmet budget is open ended - depending on how much is left over riding boots are definitely on the cards
Old 14th December 2016, 11:28   #2936
Senior - BHPian

I have just bought Cramster riding pant after comparing it with SPG pant which costs 2k more and has good ventilation.
http://www.cramster.in/products/cram...d-1333207.aspx
Pant armors are good but seems to be lack in ventilation.
I tried it for a short ride, due to current chilling weather in Chennai, i was not felt any discomfort over the ride.
But what will be the condition in Apr-May summer climate.
Anyone is using this pant in hot weather and please share your feedback and comfort?
Old 14th December 2016, 11:59   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have got some scratches on my SOL helmet visor. thought of replacing it.

http://www.solhelmets.com/en/product...6&G2=31&Page=1

http://www.solhelmets.com/en/product...1&G2=91&Page=2

Is it possible to purchase Visor alone from any store @ chennai or online?

Last edited by aks_karthik : 14th December 2016 at 12:01.
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:14   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Any suggestions for a quality textile riding jacket upto 7k?
This will be used for everything, from touring to the occasional track days.
So the jacket has to be-
1. Nicely ventilated
2. Option to add a thermal and rain liner, preferrably sold along with the jacket.
3. Compartments for shoulder, elbow and back armour, preferrably sold along with the jacket and should be CE level 1.
4. Adjustable sleeves and waist.
5. Good quality material and stitching that can save my skin (pun intended) in a crash.

I did see one PlanetDSG jacket at a store here in HYD (bikeopedia) that fit the bill but don't remember the model name and couldn't find it on their website either.
Here's a few I could find online-
http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...do-jacket.html
http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-triton-...d439a43e5a8834
http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-phoenix...d439a43e5a8834
http://www.cramster.in/products/cram...-11107650.aspx

Any suggestions? Am I asking for too much in this budget? I don't mind spending a little more provided the jacket is that good.
And are these local jackets worth the dough? Or should I up the budget slightly and look at something in the US? 'Coz a friend will be flying here soon.
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:43   #2939
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Aspida Helios which fulfills most of your expectations except for thermal liner & cost(retails at 7,800). Jacket comes with rain liner but not thermal liner, I was told that it can be made available at additional cost.
Old 23rd December 2016, 19:50   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Hello, what is the best option for a removable phone mount for scooters ? Im planning on picking up one soon and I use maps quite often for navigation in my car and would like to do so on the bike as well.
Im sorry if this isnt the right thread but I couldnt find one more specific

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks