Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2017, 19:01   #2986
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Guys any of you have experience buying gear from PlanetDsg ?

http://www.planetdsg.com/

I recently got a pair of gloves which i need to replace. However they are not responding to my mails or replying to my message in "contact us" section of their website. They have given a single contact number (+91 20 26052918) which always rings and never works
Old 13th May 2017, 19:37   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Guys any of you have experience buying gear from PlanetDsg ?

http://www.planetdsg.com/

I recently got a pair of gloves which i need to replace. However they are not responding to my mails or replying to my message in "contact us"
I had a similar experience while ordering a riding boot from the website last year. The order was accepted and no further action happened. I tried calling up multiple times at the same landline that you referred to. No response to emails either. A couple of days later I finally managed to get through to a manager there who apologized for lack of stock and refunded the order. I suggest trying the number multiple times during the day till you finally get through.

Ironically, I've had a great experience buying from the PlanetDSG guys in Juhu, Bombay. Great guys to deal with.
anilp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 18:12   #2988
BHPian

Guys does anyone have buying experience on Motoin.de, burnoutitaly.com, fc-moto.de?

I only heard it from one of the friends who bought AGV K3 at 15k. At least he did not face any custom import duties issues.

please advise.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:20   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Guys does anyone have buying experience on Motoin.de, burnoutitaly.com, fc-moto.de?

I only heard it from one of the friends who bought AGV K3 at 15k. At least he did not face any custom import duties issues.

please advise.
I have bought multiple times from FC-Moto and once from Motoin. I have not had any issues with them (have not tried any exchange with them till now though). Shipping is around 25 Euro and 5 Euro for each additional item and the item generally takes ~3 weeks to arrive.

I have been charged custom duty (40-50% of landing cost) every single time I have bought from those sites.

Do note that in India, you have to pay duty on the replacement item as well if you send the item back for a different size.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that AGV has asked the European sellers not to ship their helmets to India as it is hurting the local distributors who rip people off

Last edited by theredliner : 17th May 2017 at 18:21.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 18:28   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I have been charged custom duty (40-50% of landing cost) every single time I have bought from those sites.
Something that i did not want to hear :(

Friend who bought AGV, was not charged any custom duty, so precisely paid the listing price with shipping, that about it.

I have definitely heard about people are being charged custom duties on arrival. And buying any big brand gear in India is a rip off.

Nonetheless, I am looking to buy Adventure touring Gore-Tex boots, preferably tall ones like mx, kindly suggest.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:33   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Something that i did not want to hear :(

Friend who bought AGV, was not charged any custom duty, so precisely paid the listing price with shipping, that about it.

I have definitely heard about people are being charged custom duties on arrival. And buying any big brand gear in India is a rip off.

Nonetheless, I am looking to buy Adventure touring Gore-Tex boots, preferably tall ones like mx, kindly suggest.
I too have heard of a couple of people here in the forum not being charged any duty on gear imports.

I have bought riding gear ranging from helmet, jackets and gloves to pants, boots and armors from Germany, USA and UK. I have paid duty on every single one of them. So, the probability of you not being charged any duty is very very less I would say.

Best would be to ask a friend/relative to carry it for you. Buying a big brand gear in India is no-no unless there are big discounts going on.

My knowledge related to touring gear is very minimal. I'll leave the hardcore tourers in the forum answer the last query for you.

Last edited by theredliner : 17th May 2017 at 18:38.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 19:06   #2992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Considering my namesake has answered your other queries, it is only prophetic that I answer this

This is what I use, The TCX Track Evo Adv Boots. Not goretex, but proprietary water proofing by TCX.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...k-evo-wp-boots
https://www.highnoteperformance.com/...ant=6010505349
http://overdrive.in/features/product...k-evo-wp-boot/

Proper Goretex is way way too expensive - even in the states, and especially so for an adventure boot.

My TCX has been super comfortable, have about 24k kms on them so far. I can walk a fair bit in them, they are not as stiff as the Sidi's which is perfect for me (I use them to tour and not at the track day).
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 20:47   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
My TCX has been super comfortable, have about 24k kms on them so far. I can walk a fair bit in them, they are not as stiff as the Sidi's which is perfect for me (I use them to tour and not at the track day).
Thanks bro, I have definitely considered tcx Evo, but assuming it will be long term investment, thought of going for gore-tex. Specifically what has been your experience on these pair of boots in long heavy rain ride and breathability?
Old 17th May 2017, 21:41   #2994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro, I have definitely considered tcx Evo, but assuming it will be long term investment, thought of going for gore-tex. Specifically what has been your experience on these pair of boots in long heavy rain ride and breathability?
Its okay, however if you can afford a gore tex, by all means get that. I would suggest the alpinestar toucan gtx series, they seem to be the reigning champs.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 10:33   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Its okay, however if you can afford a gore tex, by all means get that. I would suggest the alpinestar toucan gtx series, they seem to be the reigning champs.
I just love toucans but they are 500$, thats way too expensive and so is SIDI Adventure 2 which is also my favorite.

So when i actually asked a question about motoin.de, fc-moto.de or burnoutitally.com, i was planning to pick either of these two. but with addition 40-50% duties, it turns out to be too expensive
Old 18th May 2017, 10:35   #2996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just love toucans but they are 500$, thats way too expensive and so is SIDI Adventure 2 which is also my favorite.

So when i actually asked a question about motoin.de, fc-moto.de or burnoutitally.com, i was planning to pick either of these two. but with addition 40-50% duties, it turns out to be too expensive
You cant have everything man. Which is why i got the tcx locally. Works well for me. But your mileage may vary.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:00   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just love toucans but they are 500$
Triumph sell the Toucans with Triumph branding for 25K INR at their stores in India. Its a lot cheaper to buy it from Triumph than to get it down from the US.
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:04   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Triumph sell the Toucans with Triumph branding for 25K INR at their stores in India. Its a lot cheaper to buy it from Triumph than to get it down from the US.
Really, the other day i called a Triumph guy in Pune, he said they dont have. Probably he did not understand it.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:07   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really, the other day i called a Triumph guy in Pune, he said they dont have. Probably he did not understand it.
Not sure about Pune, but the Bangalore and Chennai Triumph stores definitely had them last time I checked a couple of months back.

Just ask for Triumph ADV boots, they may not know that those are actually Toucans.
praful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:30   #3000
BHPian

Just got these delivered from Revzilla.
Wifey in US, so need to get new gear for the Versys :P

A* Corozal Drystar boots.

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20170518-05.42.23-1.jpeg

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20170518-05.42.23.jpeg

A friend who is a Tiger owner has the Triumph branded A* Toucan Goretex boots. They are way more expensive than the regular Toucan. So if you have the money, buy the regular A* Toucan if someone can get it from the US, Triumph branded ones makes no sense as it's the same boot with just the Triumph branding.

Last edited by atul.ktm : 18th May 2017 at 11:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks