Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 13:37   #29896
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Maruti Vitara Brezza crashed by wife - Husband files police complaint against her.

Link

Source: Rushlane
Tom Sooraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 14:57   #29897
Distinguished - BHPian

At first I wondered if it might be a technical requirement of making a claim for injury, but it says injuries were minor.

The article says it's commendable! I'm wondering if the errant wife was taught by... The husband!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 15:16   #29898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
Maruti Vitara Brezza crashed by wife - Husband files police complaint against her.
Does Own Damage Insurance cover for what's going to happen to him after he tells her that he did this?

For his sake, I hope he's covered by health-insurance as well.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 18:07   #29899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Does Own Damage Insurance cover for what's going to happen to him after he tells her that he did this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm wondering if the errant wife was taught by... The husband!
It's a great way to preserve a legacy of bad driving: learn from family members

(With all due respect to the exceptions. As a driver and as a teacher, my dad was awesome.)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 20:56   #29900
BHPian

Quote:
It's a great way to preserve a legacy of bad driving: learn from family members

(With all due respect to the exceptions. As a driver and as a teacher, my dad was awesome.)
Not all family members can be blamed.
My dad taught me to drive. Same as yours, as a driver and as a teacher, my dad was great.

Last edited by Tom Sooraj : 29th November 2019 at 21:21.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 22:30   #29901
BHPian

Quote:
At first I wondered if it might be a technical requirement of making a claim for injury, but it says injuries were minor...!
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't an FIR need to be lodged for car damages claim, since it was a major accident (the car went turtle), otherwise there may be a rejection from insurance company (might it be just a formality to lodge a case, to make sure FIR copy is there !!)

Experts, is that how it works ?

Last edited by RaviK : 29th November 2019 at 22:39. Reason: Re-worded the sentence
RaviK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 23:10   #29902
BHPian

Quote:
Two-wheelers were never meant to be family transport, and should not be used that way. I cringe every time I see a child holding on to the handlebars or a baby held in one arm by the pillion rider.
Riding children in one arm by pillion rider is common though it is wrong. Last week I saw a moron carrying a 2-3 years old baby on his lap and riding with one hand his activa. I can't imagine what would have happened if he panic brakes. I lost the video of this footage.
atulsian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 13:38   #29903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post

Link

Source: Rushlane
It's mandatory to file a police complaint else you won't be able claim insurance. Hence such a police complaint was filed by the husband who was a co-passenger. The news is sensationalized just to entice readers.
skrules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 14:12   #29904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
It's mandatory to file a police complaint else you won't be able claim insurance. Hence such a police complaint was filed by the husband who was a co-passenger. The news is sensationalized just to entice readers.
Their next headlines will be "Man files case against himself after accidentally crashing car into divider".

For minor accidents, i don't think a police case is needed. I'm not sure though. I had a rear ending incident and i claimed insurance without a police complaint. This was a couple of years ago.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th December 2019 at 12:59. Reason: Spacing
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 14:20   #29905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
A police complaint or FIR is required only in case of personal injury or third party claims.
honeybee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 19:55   #29906
BHPian

Dzire, I20 and Brezza involved in a horrible mishap near Vizag city. Suzuki poor build quality exposed once again?

MercFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 21:12   #29907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Dzire, I20 and Brezza involved in a horrible mishap near Vizag city. Suzuki poor build quality exposed once again?
All that momentum crushing ANY car with a laden lorry would have resulted in a similar state. Suzuki cars might not be the best when it comes to safety, but this is a really unfair situation to make such a comment.
aravind.anand is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 22:53   #29908
BHPian

Surprising to see people commenting that the build quality wasn't at fault considering the state of the Dzire. It is smashed beyond recognition, while the Hyundai behind it has protected the cabin despite the headlong collision.

The poor build quality of cars have contributed a lot to India being the country with the largest number of road accident deaths. High time people recognize build quality as important safety aspect and make purchases with this aspect as a priority. Let the sales charts themselves be a lesson for manufacturers to address this gap.

Speed may have been a factor, but the distance between the vehicles suggest that it wasn't as if the Hyundai and the Brezza were too far away. Else there wouldn't have been a collision as the drivers would've braked seeing the Dzire crash.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd December 2019 at 06:19. Reason: removed manufacturer specific comments.
Nissan1180 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:25   #29909
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

There is no information regarding this accident. Found these images on Kia Seltos Club on Facebook. Well would be a great read if anyone has any information regarding as to how this accident took place cause the crash areas are strange.

We have no results from crash tests so I guess this speaks to some extend. The only information I have is that no one was killed.

To me it feels like the car had rolled during the accident.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1575247803194.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1575247800921.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1575247798436.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th December 2019 at 13:00. Reason: Spacing
momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:27   #29910
Senior - BHPian

A fatal accident at Mangaluru.

It looks like the truck swerved (?to avoid the auto) and then crashed into the next autorickshaw. It took a long time to stop - the stopping distance of these huge vehicles are long even with good brakes. I'm not sure if the brakes were not functioning well, not pressed well, or the driver didn't let go of the accelerator after the crash. Or maybe this was just normal stopping distance for the vehicle.

The driver of the autorickshaw was thrown out and badly injured, but survived.

The passenger, a teacher, had fatal injuries. She was apparently pinned inside the auto.

The second camera angle (latter half of the video) shows how long it took for the truck to stop.

There's been several discussions on build quality of cars in this thread. Is build quality and safety features in autorickshaws worth discussing?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th December 2019 at 12:54. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks