Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 22:59   #2671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Today, when I returned to office after lunch, I had a hard time finding a parking space. At the only one I could find, I had a hard time squeezing my car in without going outside the designated parking slot boundary and still leaving enough space for me to open the door - all because of this white Ritz:
Attachment 590456

Then I decided to have a look around and found these two cars:
Attachment 590457

Couldn't decide which was worse - the M800 guys' parking above or the i10 guy's parking in the pic below:
Attachment 590458

The Wagon-R guy is outside the parking slot as well - but I guess he had no choice.
yep, we definitely need a bad parking thread!

all in agreement say aye!
Old 8th August 2011, 23:33   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Today evening as I was entering Chandani Chowk from the NH4 Bypass, a mini bus tried to squeeze me on that narrow slope. Gave him a loud honk because I may have been his blind spot.
Only to get the middle finger from a guy riding a Red Avenger some distance ahead. Okay you yob, if you cannot judge the speed and the intentions of vehicles several meters behind you at crawling speeds, you do not deserve to be on the roads. Wanted to roll my window down and give this moron a piece of my mind, but realised this birdbrain wasnt worth the effort. He turned and went away towards Ved Bhavan.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 00:52   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Today evening as I was entering Chandani Chowk from the NH4 Bypass, a mini bus tried to squeeze me on that narrow slope. Gave him a loud honk because I may have been his blind spot.
Only to get the middle finger from a guy riding a Red Avenger some distance ahead. Okay you yob, if you cannot judge the speed and the intentions of vehicles several meters behind you at crawling speeds, you do not deserve to be on the roads. Wanted to roll my window down and give this moron a piece of my mind, but realised this birdbrain wasnt worth the effort. He turned and went away towards Ved Bhavan.
I had a similar incident yesterday on NH4 going towards the expressway. I was in the right most lane doing 70kmph and a Tavera was way behind me. When I looked next in the RVM I saw the Tavera guy had sped up suddenly and he swerved to the left lane and came to my left. I continued maintaining the same speed. He encountered a truck in front of him and as a result I expected him to slow down since I was to his right. Instead, he swerved right coming right into me. I had to slam the brakes (ABS came on) and blew the horn for long. And what does he do? He showed me the middle finger and continued cutting into other cars. Like you, I felt like racing up to him and giving him a piece of my mind, but I realized it would not have any effect on such a moron.
This is becoming a nuisance. More people are showing the middle finger at others on the road nowadays. They think they are great and rule the road. Sad.
Old 9th August 2011, 02:42   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

AYE...I have also contributed some pics of bad parking and experience it almost every second day.

Bye the way, to all the Hyderabadis here, Hats off guys. I thought Pune had unruly traffic but Hyd takes the cake. The worst are the pedestrians and the Govt buses.
My babe got a scratch from a rickshaw guy in a 2 lane road with me on the extreme right (waiting to take a right turn) with another car to my left and the Rickie tried to squeeze in this!
Old 9th August 2011, 12:22   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Bye the way, to all the Hyderabadis here, Hats off guys. I thought Pune had unruly traffic but Hyd takes the cake. The worst are the pedestrians and the Govt buses.
I was in Hyd last month with my Punto and was perpetual dread that some one might scratch it for the whole time. I have driven in many cities in India, but Hyderabad is really the worst in terms of traffic and traffic sense. Sad thing is that it seems to be getting even worse. There was hardly any two wheeler guy wearing a helmet even, when I visited. Hyderabad has some of the best city roads in the country, but due to all the morons, it is a nightmare to drive on the roads there, much worse than even Bangalore with all those narrow roads and huge speed breakers.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 12:27   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I was in Hyd last month with my Punto and was perpetual dread that some one might scratch it for the whole time. I have driven in many cities in India, but Hyderabad is really the worst in terms of traffic and traffic sense. Sad thing is that it seems to be getting even worse. There was hardly any two wheeler guy wearing a helmet even, when I visited. Hyderabad has some of the best city roads in the country, but due to all the morons, it is a nightmare to drive on the roads there, much worse than even Bangalore with all those narrow roads and huge speed breakers.

Helmet is something they have to buy, mirrors come as standard accessory - I'm not sure whether you noticed but a vast majority of two wheelers in Hyderabad have no mirrors. The riders that did not get rid of their mirrors do not use them EVER.

You were worried about scratches, I worry every day about ending up in police custody if any of these morons hits my car.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:35   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

I heartily agree! I returned after doing an errand to find that 3 bikes were parked immediately in front of and behind my car (in between car parking). I stood near the bikes and looked around to see if anyone would turn up. I had half a mind to drag and leave the bikes in the middle of the road, but didnt want to block any traffic (though this was a proper 4 lane load.

Nobody showed up for a few minutes. The owner/ driver of the other car in front of me turned up and we smirked at each other helplessly. A tow truck was passing by and we waved to them to help out. They stopped a few metres ahead to pick up another 2 wheeler that was parked incorrectly outside the parking area.

When we waved to the guy, he just came over and had a look. Called out to his colleagues and before we could explain anything they had picked up 2 of the troublesome bikes and loaded them into the truck. He wrote something with chalk on the sidewalk (during the rainy season!) I didnt really know what to say or do, so just left the scene.

Last edited by selfdrive : 9th August 2011 at 12:36.
Old 9th August 2011, 14:15   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Today, when I returned to office after lunch, I had a hard time finding a parking space. At the only one I could find, I had a hard time squeezing my car in without going outside the designated parking slot boundary and still leaving enough space for me to open the door - all because of this white Ritz:
Why dont you leave a note on their windshield? I'm not sure if they would care about the inconvenience they caused but at least it would send the message across.

Alternatively, ask the security guys as to who the cars belong to and send them a polite email... with these pics.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:20   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I heartily agree! I returned after doing an errand to find that 3 bikes were parked immediately in front of and behind my car (in between car parking). I stood near the bikes and looked around to see if anyone would turn up. I had half a mind to drag and leave the bikes in the middle of the road, but didnt want to block any traffic (though this was a proper 4 lane load.

Nobody showed up for a few minutes. The owner/ driver of the other car in front of me turned up and we smirked at each other helplessly. A tow truck was passing by and we waved to them to help out. They stopped a few metres ahead to pick up another 2 wheeler that was parked incorrectly outside the parking area.

When we waved to the guy, he just came over and had a look. Called out to his colleagues and before we could explain anything they had picked up 2 of the troublesome bikes and loaded them into the truck. He wrote something with chalk on the sidewalk (during the rainy season!) I didnt really know what to say or do, so just left the scene.
Amazing! Why dont we have more tow trucks around our town! Absolutely ROFL moment, but definitely serves the bikers right
Old 9th August 2011, 20:13   #2680
BHPian

HYD does not cease to surprise me. We had to pick up a relative from Secunderabad station today and as I was the only one with a drivers license, well, it was my car that was out!

when we were crossing the roundabout just outside the secunderabad station main entrance there was a car to my right which came from behind me and blocked my path and then the 'a$$' took a left turn!!! I have tried to explain in the image below.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-moronhyd.jpg

I was going straight, the bus had blocked the morons path and so this, couldnt he have waited like 20 seconds?
This with traffic from all directions.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:15   #2681
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a Jazz blocking the free left lane. Because of this there was one huge line up cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00759201108091546.jpg  

Old 10th August 2011, 10:57   #2682
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Now a days its totally difficult to predict the others on the highway. They will behave totally erratic .Once i was overtaking a slow moving car which was on left most lane and i had enough space to move on .A minibus which was coming from opposite direction was on left most lane ( if any) and suddenly when he reached just ahead of me swayed to his right and suddenly i found myself in front of this bus .To avoid hitting i had to sway left and hit the car on my left.The bus driver did this purposefully and sped away and was doing at least 70 above.The bus was loaded to it brim.Just image the passengers inside .I could get the glimpse of the driver who looks like he is in his twenties.
Most of the driver will not use the RVMs or many fold it down and blindly turns left or right.
Today on my way to office ,a state transport bus was stopped in the middle of the road to take passengers .I tried to pass the bus and was half way and then a sumo cab was coming from other side.This guy never bothered to stop and he had enough space on his left but never bothered to give space.I stopped and was in the middle of the bus when the bus driver decides to take off and i was nearly sandwiched between both.
If the sumo had reduced his speed i would have passed the bus or he could have turned it to his left where he has space .
This type of thing happens here quite often and have seen many people jammed in between two vehicles.

Last edited by bullboy : 10th August 2011 at 10:59.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:46   #2683
BHPian

Idiots can be hilarious too.

Old 10th August 2011, 13:17   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday morning around 8:30AM (start of rush hour) on Nelson Manickam Road, just before the subway starts. I am following a Swift and on the lane adjacent to median. Suddenly the Swift takes a quick left and before I can wonder why he did that, I also am forced to do the same. Reason being a moron who had stopped suddenly close to the median so that his wife can get off the bike and jump over the median to cross the road. As I pass by cursing him for endangering his and his wife's life by stopping so abruptly in traffic and in the middle of the road, I see that an infant is strapped to his chest in a kangaroo/sling bag. So, he was endangering 3 lives.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:25   #2685
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Today on my way to office ,a state transport bus was stopped in the middle of the road to take passengers .I tried to pass the bus and was half way and then a sumo cab was coming from other side.This guy never bothered to stop and he had enough space on his left but never bothered to give space.I stopped and was in the middle of the bus when the bus driver decides to take off and i was nearly sandwiched between both.
If the sumo had reduced his speed i would have passed the bus or he could have turned it to his left where he has space .
This type of thing happens here quite often and have seen many people jammed in between two vehicles.
Sorry but although the Sumo guy could have been courteous and given you way, he was not obliged to. For all you know there could be a bike overtaking the sumo from the left and he couldn't move to the left.

Whatever the case, if you are going to be overtaking anything, stationary or not, by using the opposite lane - you simply have to wait till it's clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks