Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 17:05   #8161
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

To summarize I guess I was stalked for asking way and following traffic rules. But knowing things could flare, I decided to maintain my calm is such volatile situations.
That is the best thing to do. No point in arguing with someone who is not in his / her senses. Dont know whether right or wrong, but one thing I have learned over a period in Mumbai is keep aside your ego (even if you are right) when you are driving. I know its difficult, but works in your favour more often then not. It simply allows you to reduce stress from driving.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 17:13   #8162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Had to encounter this freak (KA 51 9603) near Krupanidhi College. What impunity!

Not sure how these drivers are surviving without a scratch. There are other two wheeler riders who do this every other day.., but a bus?!?! That was a sight for me to behold.

PS: Took out the audio while editing
Woww! And they get away with this. I am not sure they even have a permit to operate within city limits. And will surely be driven by a kid without a license!

Hehe, even the biker looks bemused at 0:40
naveenroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 18:00   #8163
BHPian

Not sure if I should call this "Bad Driving" or bad parenting/bad brother'ing/bad uncle'ing (since I don't know what that guy was to the kid), but this one's outright insane. (KA 05 Couldn't see the series properly 4373) Letting a kid drive the auto rickshaw in roads with dense traffic - NH4 ORR Junction at Yeshwanthpura

I reversed the DashCam to get a recording of it. Almost 10 minutes of pure horror. I was worried about the rear bumper and tailgate.

I took out the audio here as well since my Mom was ranting on me to have not got out of the car and have a word with the elder guy in the auto. Frankly, I was tired after driving for 200 odd kilometers and I also felt that these guys never learn their lessons. You can also notice the panic in my eyes observing the action on the IRVM

Question: Did I make a mistake by not getting out of the car? If I consider social responsibility, I'm pretty much wrong to have not done it. But, if I consider other probable factors, I think I saved myself from losing my peace of mind. What do you people think?

Last edited by vnidta : 17th February 2016 at 18:03.
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 18:50   #8164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Question: Did I make a mistake by not getting out of the car? If I consider social responsibility, I'm pretty much wrong to have not done it. But, if I consider other probable factors, I think I saved myself from losing my peace of mind. What do you people think?
Mate, Even if Lord Brahma comes down to earth to reform these morons,maniacs he will be in for a rude shock as these mortals will brainwash him on what needs to be done on earth rather than the creator educating them.
No point advising these folks. All that we can do is to silently pray to god that nothing catastrophic happens.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 09:31   #8165
Senior - BHPian

This is for the dude with the rainbow oakley in the Maroon previous gen Honda City bearing registration KA 53 Z xxxx, driving along Mettupalayam Road in Coimbatore, with Team BHP LTD & I DRIVE SAFE stickers.

Please remove the stickers from your car and probably stick one that reads, "I Drive like a MORON", instead.

I overtook you and another vehicle and then signaled for lane change because there was a slow moving vehicle in my lane, and let the vehicle ahead of you pass me, you came honking and barging in making me go back to my lane. And you didn't stop there. After passing me, you tried running into me sideways, in the hope that you would intimidate me. Little did you know that If I did the same, it would be you who would suffer more damage, what do you think you are driving? A hummer?

P.S: I work for the same organisation as you, if you are reading this.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 12:14   #8166
BHPian

Why do Indian cars have turn indicators...?

I think someone mentioned this before. We should just not have them and save on the manufacturing costs. I actually daily see, only 2-3 cars use these indicators when they are about to take a turn. What I have noticed more: when someone is on the main road, and they will take a final L/R turn to enter their "colony or residence"; they never ever use the indicators. I guess: my home region, I can do anything. Or game over. It is so selfish, lazy, and dangerous.
Old 19th February 2016, 12:25   #8167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
This is for the dude with the rainbow oakley in the Maroon previous gen Honda City bearing registration KA 53 Z xxxx, driving along Mettupalayam Road in Coimbatore, with Team BHP LTD & I DRIVE SAFE stickers.

Please remove the stickers from your car and probably stick one that reads, "I Drive like a MORON", instead.

I overtook you and another vehicle and then signaled for lane change because there was a slow moving vehicle in my lane, and let the vehicle ahead of you pass me, you came honking and barging in making me go back to my lane. And you didn't stop there. After passing me, you tried running into me sideways, in the hope that you would intimidate me. Little did you know that If I did the same, it would be you who would suffer more damage, what do you think you are driving? A hummer?

Thought would share couple of pics, of course I was wrong with the number. Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbytapatalk1455864879.971773.jpgBad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbytapatalk1455864894.754281.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 23:19   #8168
Distinguished - BHPian

There was this alto on the ORR yesterday, constantly flashing lights as he approached me from behind. I was sedately driving in the middle lane. When he flashed, I thought he was a TBHP member trying to grab my attention. But as he came closer, I understood this was some maniac trying to drive like some wannabe VIP whose car shouldnt be stopped anywhere. And when he passed ahead of me in a totally stupid manner, I saw a fake sticker on the hatch door. He cut across so many vehicles at a very close range, I wish he gets rear ended by a bus someday when he tries to cut it.

Hero of the day:
Old 20th February 2016, 01:19   #8169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
...The risk? She "looked" like a higher up executive, I might be shooting at my leg if she turns out to be some big shot in HR itself . On the lane discipline, BTP advertises a lot about maintaining lane discipline, Will they take action based on a photo like this? (Feb17)
If you are working for a good MNC, they definitely will have some option to report the issue anonymously. Plus, they might have CCTVs within the campus to check whether she was driving faster. If you don't have enough proof, don't proceed, wouldn't help.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 11:14   #8170
Senior - BHPian

What is it with people and the lack of sense to turn on the indicators! I was almost pushed onto the kerbs by a moron driving a Swift (KA 09 __ 2021). Thank god my bike has ABS!
I was at a traffic signal, on the left lane, preparing to turn left, when the guy suddenly decided that he had to park his car right at that spot. No indicators or warning of any sort! He cut across the path of my accelerating bike and grandly 'parked', half of his car jutting out on to the road.
I was too worked up to even rage at him. Just gave him the most disgusted look I could muster and went on. Damn his kind!

This post I saw on a FB group makes so much sense!

Name:  ForumRunner_20160220_111331.png
Views: 1320
Size:  348.6 KB
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 12:34   #8171
Distinguished - BHPian

"Introducing Turn Signals"

I say, "What do you think god gave you indicators for?"

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 13:48   #8172
Senior - BHPian

The art of parking at a busy mall over the weekend.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160214_133614875.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160220_100656943.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 13:26   #8173
Senior - BHPian

Very common way to park in malls etc. just to make sure nobody parks next to you and your car remains scratch free . Mainly with drivers who are just on the edge of being "experienced" and bought a brand new car.
Old 22nd February 2016, 07:13   #8174
BHPian

Quote:

I overtook you and another vehicle and then signaled for lane change because there was a slow moving vehicle in my lane, and let the vehicle ahead of you pass me, you came honking and barging in making me go back to my lane.

And you didn't stop there. After passing me, you tried running into me sideways, in the hope that you would intimidate me. Little did you know that If I did the same, it would be you who would suffer more damage, what do you think you are driving? A hummer?

As per you there were two things that he did wrong. I am not clear on the first part. You overtook him via the lane on his right, but since there was a slower moving vehicle on YOUR lane, you wanted to cut back in to the left. Methinks you should direct your ire at the driver who was blocking the overtaking lane in the first place.

I am imagining the Honda city guy writing a similar sounding post, saying ' l saw this guy overtake me on the right lane and then trying to cut back into my path just because he could not wait for the car in his lane to move. I thought I would be side swiped, so I honked furiously after which he moved back into his lane. For good measure, I gave him a feint so that he would know what it is like.'
nijelj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:52   #8175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is for the dude with the rainbow oakley in the Maroon previous gen Honda City...

I overtook you and another vehicle and then signaled for lane change because there was a slow moving vehicle in my lane, and let the vehicle ahead of you pass me, you came honking and barging in making me go back to my lane. And you didn't stop there. After passing me, you tried running into me sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
...Methinks you should direct your ire at the driver who was blocking the overtaking lane in the first place.

... l saw this guy overtake me on the right lane and then trying to cut back into my path just because he could not wait for the car in his lane to move. I thought I would be side swiped, so I honked furiously after which he moved back into his lane...
Though I can only guess the distances between vehicles, I feel, we should at least give the benefit of doubt to Mr.DRIV3R. When he said he overtook the Honda City and another vehicle ahead of it, I'm assuming there was enough gap between them. Soon after the vehicle ahead of the City passed Mr.DRIV3R from his left, he tried to merge into the left/middle lane. The Honda City dude might've accelerated to close the gap.

On the highway, there have been many instances, where I would be happily cruising on the left lane and passing some slow-poke hogging the right lane at 30-40kmph (no, I don't go crazy on the horn or flash the headlights like many cabbies, to try to move the erring driver to the left lane). After passing them, if there's a slow vehicle on the left lane, I will have to move to the right lane to overtake, and this might happen after a good 4-5 seconds distance at the minimum. Yet, the slow-poke now gets a surge of adrenaline and comes barging from behind to close the gap - for reasons known only to them. Never understood the way their neurons are wired!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks