Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 13:22   #241
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Thanks @Nonstop-driver

I've been through The Tanda route many times too but it is very long if one wants to go to Bhimtaal. For Nainital, it's a better route to take for sure, and that's why I asked about the Rudrapur route.

The only issue with the route I mentioned is the road condition for that 5+km stretch which changes every season with the rains etc.
Old 15th May 2017, 13:47   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I've been through The Tanda route many times too but it is very long if one wants to go to Bhimtaal. For Nainital, it's a better route to take for sure, and that's why I asked about the Rudrapur route.
Tanda route is 300km, Rudrapur one is 305.

You can also go to KalaDungi via Tanda - Bazpur and then turn right towards Kathgodam. It's a narrow road with smooth concrete and meets between Haldwani and Kathgodam. That's the route we took while returning from Ramgarh last month.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 13:36   #243
BHPian

I had been to Bhimtal from Delhi last week. (June 1st week, 2017)

I took the following route: From DEL Airport -> Hapur -> Ghaziabad -> Moradabad Bypass -> Rampur -> Bazpur -> Kaladhungi -> Haldwani -> Bhimtal

Update on the road status: Very good roads after the first tollgate (Ghaziabad) all the way to Bhimtal with the exception of the stretch from a turn from the main highway (Moradabad) to the curving of the road towards Rampur.
WAM-4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 15:06   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
I had been to Bhimtal from Delhi last week. (June 1st week, 2017)

I took the following route: From DEL Airport -> Hapur -> Ghaziabad -> Moradabad Bypass -> Rampur -> Bazpur -> Kaladhungi -> Haldwani -> Bhimtal

Update on the road status: Very good roads after the first tollgate (Ghaziabad) all the way to Bhimtal with the exception of the stretch from a turn from the main highway (Moradabad) to the curving of the road towards Rampur.
Can you please provide more details of this route. Did you cross tanda also on your way to bazpur? Why i'm asking is because on the map, the route you have mentioned is going through tanda and I've heard the road in that area is in shambles.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 11:58   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Can you please provide more details of this route. Did you cross tanda also on your way to bazpur? Why i'm asking is because on the map, the route you have mentioned is going through tanda and I've heard the road in that area is in shambles.
That stretch from Moradabad main highway U - Turn to until Rampur is really bad. Is that stretch Tanda?

I'm actually not very aware of the routes there. I took a flight from Chennai with my wife to Delhi and then drove (hired Myles car) to Bhimtal completely dependant on Google bhagwaan

Last edited by WAM-4 : 19th June 2017 at 12:15. Reason: Spelling error corrected
Old 20th June 2017, 17:14   #246
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone done Gurgaon - Binsar recently?
Planning a trip on this weekend with family. Please guide for the best route to take.
Old 25th June 2017, 20:06   #247
BHPian

Currently doing Gurgaon - Jim Corbett - Nainital - Binsar -Haridwar - Gurgaon.

First leg - Gurgaon -Jim Corbett -Nainital.
From delhi border till hapur bypass road co dition is really pathetic due to ongoing construction on delhi - merrut expressway. After hapur bypass its a breeze. Good tarred black highway. I took ramnagar - kaladhungi-nainital rote and the roads are really very good. From rambagar till nainital its a superb scenic drive.

Will post more updates on the routes soon.
Old 27th June 2017, 10:14   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post

Hi,

One can take Delhi-Noida- Crossing Republik (Ghaziabad) to reach Meerut Bypass. The new flyover from NH-24 directly connects to Meerut Road.

Will be waiting for route updates as I plan to go to Jim Corbett.
Old 25th July 2017, 13:37   #249
BHPian

Any updates on this route? Planning to leave for Nainital/Bhimtal this weekend.
Old 31st July 2017, 09:50   #250
BHPian

Quote:

From delhi border till hapur bypass road co dition is really pathetic due to ongoing construction on delhi - merrut expressway. After hapur bypass its a breeze. Good tarred black highway. I took ramnagar - kaladhungi-nainital rote and the roads are really very good. From rambagar till nainital its a superb scenic drive.

Hi dieselburner,
I hope the trip turned out to be good. How is the road? Any damages due to rains?
How are the roads up in the mountains?
Could you post a Google Maps link for the road(s) you took, and an update on their condition?
Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 31st July 2017 at 09:52.
Old 31st July 2017, 10:19   #251
BHPian

Hi,
Yes the trip was very good.
Road condition was quite good in the mountains, no damage were seen while I was there as at that time monsoon has still not arrived but by seeing the healthy state of roads it doesn't seems like there will be much damages done by rain.
From Binsar to haridwar we followed -
Binsar-almora-bhowali-bhimtal-kathgodam-haldwani-kaladhungi-bazpur-sultanpur-kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar.
From binsar till kashipur roads are very good.

The last stretch from kashipur to haridwar is really really bad,
I took kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar and the road condition is pathetic, single lane road with lots of 2 wheelers,
carts and no driving sense.
From najibabad the GPS took us from the ganges canal road , the road was good but it was lonely and hardly a couple of vehicles plying on the road, its better to avoid it at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Hi dieselburner,
I hope the trip turned out to be good. How is the road? Any damages due to rains?
How are the roads up in the mountains?
Could you post a Google Maps link for the road(s) you took, and an update on their condition?
Cheers !
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 10:40   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Yes the trip was very good.
Road condition was quite good in the mountains, no damage were seen while I was there as at that time monsoon has still not arrived but by seeing the healthy state of roads it doesn't seems like there will be much damages done by rain.
From Binsar to haridwar we followed -
Binsar-almora-bhowali-bhimtal-kathgodam-haldwani-kaladhungi-bazpur-sultanpur-kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar.
From binsar till kashipur roads are very good.

The last stretch from kashipur to haridwar is really really bad,
I took kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar and the road condition is pathetic, single lane road with lots of 2 wheelers,
carts and no driving sense.
From najibabad the GPS took us from the ganges canal road , the road was good but it was lonely and hardly a couple of vehicles plying on the road, its better to avoid it at night.
Thanks dieselburner, that was prompt !

It's a relief to see that the roads are good. Am planning to do the Delhi - Nainital- further circuit starting 15 Aug. Our last sojourn, more than a year ago had the car scraping in the Rampur stretch as also in the bad roads in Suar- Bazpur section. I hope that this stretch is better as of now.

Thanks again for the info .

(PS : Google maps is showing this as the as the preferred route. Has anyone used this route to Nainital of late ? Are there any no-go areas with bad sections or broken/ no roads. The other alternative I can think of is via Rampur - Haldwani.)

Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-delhi-nainital.png

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 31st July 2017 at 10:47.
Old 31st July 2017, 10:49   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our last sojourn, more than a year ago had the car scraping in the Rampur stretch as also in the bad roads in Suar- Bazpur section. I hope that this stretch is better as of now.
I suggest you take Kashipur / Kaladhungi / Chhoti Haldwani route from Moradabad and you shall save some time there. The roads are good and you will be able to avoid the chaos at Rampur and Haldwani.

Edit: Saw your map later. Yes, this is the route I wrote about.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 31st July 2017 at 10:50.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 12:27   #254
BHPian

True, this route is much better. Also the roads from kaladhungi till nainital are very scenic.
Also by going from this route the main parking ground in nainital comes first which is just before the lake/mall road, so it saves a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I suggest you take Kashipur / Kaladhungi / Chhoti Haldwani route from Moradabad and you shall save some time there. The roads are good and you will be able to avoid the chaos at Rampur and Haldwani.

Edit: Saw your map later. Yes, this is the route I wrote about.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dieselburner, that was prompt !

It's a relief to see that the roads are good. Am planning to do the Delhi - Nainital- further circuit starting 15 Aug. Our last sojourn, more than a year ago had the car scraping in the Rampur stretch as also in the bad roads in Suar- Bazpur section. I hope that this stretch is better as of now.

Thanks again for the info .

(PS : Google maps is showing this as the as the preferred route. Has anyone used this route to Nainital of late ? Are there any no-go areas with bad sections or broken/ no roads. The other alternative I can think of is via Rampur - Haldwani.)

Attachment 1662477

Cheers !
Did this same route some time back. It was a hell ride. There was no road for 10-20 KMs. Not sure the current situation; but anyway I have blacklisted this route now.
Ps. I was driving Scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks