Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2011, 19:35   #181
BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

If i am visiting Goa again, i would prefer to stay in Santana Beach Hotel...
Old 13th April 2012, 22:01   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

This is for my friend who is going to Goa for BITS exam,

Help required in finding good budget accommodation in Goa for two days, near BITS campus,Panjim or Vasco.

His exam center is,
BITS GOA CAMPUS. Near NH17B, Bypass Road,. Zuarinagar

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 14th April 2012, 00:44   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This is for my friend who is going to Goa for BITS exam,

Help required in finding good budget accommodation in Goa for two days, near BITS campus,Panjim or Vasco.

His exam center is,
BITS GOA CAMPUS. Near NH17B, Bypass Road,. Zuarinagar

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
My advice would be to ask your friend to be based in and around Zuarinagar and Vasco. Panjim would be about 35 kms from BITS, hence Goa's capital is best avoided. There are a few hotels not far from BITS and if you want more info on them, please PM me and I will give you my mobile phone number. You can then call me and I can request my Vasco-based friend to provide me with more details on accommodation near BITS.

Last edited by misquitas : 14th April 2012 at 00:45.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 16:22   #184
Senior - BHPian

GOA : Budget Villa / Bungalow / Cottage on rent

Any suggestions ??

We are a group of about 10 friends(all guys) planning to do a trip to Goa around the last week of July 2012.

We are looking for an accommodation which is not very expensive (off season anyways) and is like an independent property, something like a bungalow.

We would prefer something close to the beach (i dont know if asking for something on the beach and budget works)

Any suggestions basis first hand experience ??

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 27th June 2012 at 16:25.
Old 28th June 2012, 11:26   #185
BHPian

Last month we had been to Goa and had stayed at Santana Beach Resort. Great place to live in... spacious rooms, each with a kitchen and a balcony. Good food. Great price. And the best part was that it is bang on the Candolim beach. Calangute is just 5 km away. Though not an independent property like a bunglow, but still can be a good option for an all-men group too :-)
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 11:31   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Last month we had been to Goa and had stayed at Santana Beach Resort. Great place to live in... spacious rooms, each with a kitchen and a balcony. Good food. Great price. And the best part was that it is bang on the Candolim beach. Calangute is just 5 km away. Though not an independent property like a bunglow, but still can be a good option for an all-men group too :-)
Great! so did it have a direct/private entry to the beach? What was the tariff like?
Old 28th June 2012, 12:09   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Great! so did it have a direct/private entry to the beach? What was the tariff like?
Yes. It has a private entry to the beach making it very convenient to walk straight back into your room from the sea. Tehre is also a fresh water shower near the entrance so you can wash away some of the sand right there. Candolim beach is very clean and tidy with very less crowd while Calangute is a happening place with lots of shacks and water sports. So you get to enjoy both the places.
Sandy28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 13:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It has a private entry to the beach making it very convenient to walk straight back into your room from the sea. Tehre is also a fresh water shower near the entrance so you can wash away some of the sand right there. Candolim beach is very clean and tidy with very less crowd while Calangute is a happening place with lots of shacks and water sports. So you get to enjoy both the places.
could you please share the tariff?

Planning a trip somewhere in August (is it the right time?)
Old 28th June 2012, 13:51   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post

I had done the booking thru MakeMyTrip and got a 3N 4D package for Rs. 5900 including breakfast.

August will have the monsoons in full form in Goa and many of the beachside shacks and water sports would be closed. Also I believe there are restrictions on entering the water during the rains. So pl check well before you plan your trip.
Sandy28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:52   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post

Santana Beach Resort
This is the website incase anyone wishes to have a look. Very near to the Kingfisher Villa if you need a landmark. Located in Dando Candolim.
Old 28th June 2012, 16:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

On a Budget group business trip, we stay at Ronils resort. Its nice and very well located. Check it out, do not have the web address, very close to calangute.
Old 28th June 2012, 17:00   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sandy28,

Can you please tell whether the kitchen has gas/fridge/microwave/sink? What about plug points to hook your own things like rice cooker, induction etc?
Old 28th June 2012, 17:38   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
Hi Sandy28,

Can you please tell whether the kitchen has gas/fridge/microwave/sink? What about plug points to hook your own things like rice cooker, induction etc?
The kitchen has a fridge, kitchen platform with sink, dining table with 4 chairs and plug point. But it does not have a gas or microwave or any utensils. One of the hotel boys told us that a microwave can be arranged on request at the front desk for some nominal charge. But since we did not plan to do any cooking, never enquired about it.
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 00:10   #194
BHPian

A group of friends (15-20 expected) are planning for a trip to Goa. We are looking out for villas/bungalows with at least 5 bedrooms and a swimming pool. Location preferred is Baga/Calangute. Our budget is ~10-11k per day for the villa. Can somebody recommend something?
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:07   #195
BHPian

Highland beach resort is a nice place which i stayed at last month, its in Candolim - 10 mins from Baga/Calangute. It has nice pools and decently maintained place. Its almost deserted in the off season. No idea about what they charge though as its my friends place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks