Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 23:26   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Bangalore to Tirupati route is a blast now, been frequently travelling on this route since last one year.
Chittoor by pass is fully open and its a runway. Check out the dash cam video below.

AP border normal check happening for alcohol or other items only.
While returning to Bangalore, after Hoskote toll there's a team who keeps stopping people mostly non KA cars for covid RTPCR. So far I haven't got stopped by them.

https://Youtu.be/YVz3fQ0cCHc
Thanks for the update. I want to repeat the question - how is the Bangalore-Chittoor Bypass-Tirupati road junction via Bans hotel?
If you looked at my update last Dec and on Jan 1st, roads were literally non-existent.
Or is it that, the now traffic is not routed via the right side diversion (towards Bans Hotel), but allowed straight in new 6L/8L bypass road which directly head towards Puttalapattu ( via a road closer to Kanipakam) ?

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 15th July 2021 at 23:31.
Old 16th July 2021, 00:18   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks for the update. I want to repeat the question - how is the Bangalore-Chittoor Bypass-Tirupati road junction via Bans hotel?
If you looked at my update last Dec and on Jan 1st, roads were literally non-existent.
Or is it that, the now traffic is not routed via the right side diversion (towards Bans Hotel), but allowed straight in new 6L/8L bypass road which directly head towards Puttalapattu ( via a road closer to Kanipakam) ?

-Ravi
The new by pass is open now so you can straight away head to Tirupati.
Via Bans hotel is the old by pass. They have patched it up, craters have gone but its rough.

Here is the road condition after the right turn for old Chittoor by pass.
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-img_8689jp2.jpg
kpzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 11:08   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
For the Darshan
1. Even though we had only 1 30pm slot, we entered at 12pm and were allowed inside. No fuss and no crowd or pushing until the temple Vendi Vaikili gates.We walked in relaxed until that point. Post that the usual Tirumala tightly packed crowd. but good Darshan.
Thank you srivibhu for a detailed post. It helped my planning as I visited Tirumala recently (15th July 2021) for a darshan. Instead of driving, took the train to Renigunta and then an APSRTC to Tirumala.

Things to note:
1. APSRTC tickets are issued only if you show them your darshan ticket.
2. I had a 9AM Rs.300/-darshan slot. I reached the queue by about 8 AM and was asked to wait for half an hour. At sharp 8:30 AM, I was admitted into the queue.
3. I had a good darshan and was out of the temple by 10 AM.
4. Crowds are now starting to grow but still is about 5000 to 7000 pilgrims / day.
5. It has been raining intermittently in Tirumala, so the weather was very pleasant when I visited.

Just putting it out there as a more recent update, for folks looking at visiting Tirumala anytime soon.
Yatra Moksha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 13:18   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Completed a Bangalore-Tirupati-Bangalore trip on Friday 23-July-2021.

Timings
Left Bangalore C.V.Raman Nagar at 6 am and reached Tirupati-Tiruchanoor at 10 am including an hour break for breakfast in Highway star mall after Kolar.
Return Journey, left Tirupati at 5 pm and reached Bangalore at 8:15 pm.

Road Conditions
99% Excellent.
Bangalore to Chittoor - usual 4 lane roads - bumpy concrete ones especially in bridges mainly around Palamaner and Bangarupalayam. Nothing new to add.
Once you take left from NH4 to Tirupati by-pass, was pleasantly welcomed by excellent 10 Lane road for remaining 70+ kms. 6L for primary traffic
- 3lane in each direction and two separate 2L service roads in both sides. There is a new toll at Gadanki (one way toll charge Rs. 85/-).
Only in two sections, we will end up driving in old 2L road for 9 kms.
First one is for one km distance near to railway track underpass and then after Gadanki toll, for about 8 kms (which is still under construction). Other than these 9 kms, rest of the entire stretch is fantastic and stunning butter smooth tar roads. See attached pictures.

Overall it takes just 3 hours effective driving time now from Bangalore to Tirupati. K.R.Puram to Chittoor - 2 hours and then another hour or less to Tirupati. Thanks to amazing roads.

Darshan

At Tiruchanoor/Alamelumangapuram temple, it took just 10 minutes to finish darshan. There was very less crowd.

At Alipiri toll (now charges increased from Rs. 15 to Rs. 50/-) there is strict checking for darshan tickets and also now strict checking for plastic bottles. I had a 5 litre Bisleri rocker can drinking water in car, but was asked to remove it by checking authorities. So those who are visiting Tirumala are requested not to carry plastic bottles.

At Tirumala, overall there is very less crowd. For darshan, i entered Rs. 300 seegradarshan queue at 2 pm. Since there was very less crowd, just kept walking for 15 minutes non-stop and was able to get lord's darshan at 2.20 pm. Just 20 minutes overall. And took another 5 minutes to collect free laddu and exit the temple. It was like visiting a normal temple with no crowd.
No one touches you, no pushing, no leaning, no panic rushing. Just a simple organized disciplined queue with reasonable distance maintained between people and you just keep walking. Overall a very peaceful darshan.

I wish if we have this time of arrangement always in future, that will be awesome!

-Ravi
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706530.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706542.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706555.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706568.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706603.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706615.jpg  

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-1627196706579.jpg  

ravib is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:32   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Glad to know the bypass is now open. Were the police speed-checking anywhere to and fro?

SED is unfortunately sold out for entire August :-(. However, I noted that 17-20 August was still not released. Any idea why?
Old 26th July 2021, 13:17   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Glad to know the bypass is now open. Were the police speed-checking anywhere to and fro?

SED is unfortunately sold out for entire August :-(. However, I noted that 17-20 August was still not released. Any idea why?
I didn't see anywhere , except between Hoskote to Battrahalli stretch which they usually catch. Remember, in that stretch, the speed limit is just 60 kmph

Due to certain pooja and festivals, TTD won't release for certain dates. Keep checking or alternatively book for September.

You can book for September darshan using Virtual seva method now itself.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:21   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- 3lane in each direction and two separate 2L service roads in both sides. There is a new toll at Gadanki (one way toll charge Rs. 85/-).
Only in two sections, we will end up driving in old 2L road for 9 kms.
I cant believe that this is the same road where we would almost be battling oncoming trucks and buses, more than two vehicles overtaking each other and loads of local traffic. The whole Nangli to Tirupathi stretch has got such a makeover which was very long pending! Kudos to the NHAI and transport minister for fast tracking this project before which the road was so pathetic(especially Nangli to Chittoor).

Now with this stretch nearing final touches, Visiting tirumala would be a day trip I bet without the need for accomodation unless if someone is planning for a seva or much elaborate plans.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:30   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I cant believe that this is the same road where we would almost be battling oncoming trucks and buses, more than two vehicles overtaking each other and loads of local traffic. The whole Nangli to Tirupathi stretch has got such a makeover which was very long pending! Kudos to the NHAI and transport minister for fast tracking this project before which the road was so pathetic(especially Nangli to Chittoor).

Now with this stretch nearing final touches, Visiting tirumala would be a day trip I bet without the need for accomodation unless if someone is planning for a seva or much elaborate plans.
Hi audioholic,
Just to clarify, the pictures i shared are from Chittoor to Tirupati stretch. Not between Nangli to Chittoor. They are still the 4L concrete (bumpy) roads.

Yes, i am doing day trips to Tirupati for past 3 darshans. As you can see, i left Bangalore at 6 am and reached back at ~8 pm.

Agreed, if people plan to visit other temples in Tirupati or kalahasti or papavinasam/Aakasa ganga in Tirumala, they need to stay overnight. With elderly people, doing a day trip will be hectic and need more time. Can't do in the same speed like young people can walk/finish things.

But good news is overall, travel time is reduced by 1 hour atleast in one direction which is great. I was using cruise control for about 190 to 200 kms out of 240 kms, so really less effort in driving.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:33   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi audioholic,
Just to clarify, the pictures i shared are from Chittoor to Tirupati stretch. Not between Nangli to Chittoor. They are still the 4L concrete (bumpy) roads.

But good news is overall, travel time is reduced by 1 hour atleast in one direction which is great. I was using cruise control for about 190 to 200 kms out of 240 kms, so really less effort in driving.

-Ravi
Yes indeed. I had driven on the Concrete stretch twice earlier but the bigger development was after Chittoor to Tirupathi which was under construction when I last visited Tirupati pre Covid. After that I have been in Germany for most of the time and havent driven on that stretch again. However my parents did visit Tirumala last November and they also did a day trip with SED. My father told me that he too used cruise control for most of the journey and it was a bliss.
Old 26th July 2021, 13:53   #1285
BHPian

It is Indeed a BLISS!

I am a regular traveler from Bangalore to Tirupati and its really painful in those single roads earlier. I used to get exhausted by the time we reach tirupati. But now, last time I went on 8th July, More than reduction in travel time, you will not get exhausted.

Don't have to worry about heavy vehicles, overtaking, Changing gears .... Its just cruse and maintain your lane.

Having said that, I feel disappointed with those bumpy ride on concrete flyovers near Palamaner. They should have been little better in those areas especially if you are a in high 120+ and suddenly hit and fly in these places.

None the less, Driving to tirupati is stress free now.
Old 26th July 2021, 14:38   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
It is Indeed a BLISS!

Having said that, I feel disappointed with those bumpy ride on concrete flyovers near Palamaner.
Couple of bridges seems to be permanently under repair between Bangarupalayam and Palamaner and i see them in same condition for past 8 months. Don't understand why they can't do it in reasonable time.

-Ravi
Old 26th July 2021, 15:19   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear all - I read through the posts and am glad that the Bye-Pass is in excellent question.

Where exactly do you turn off to this road? Do we still need to get to Chittoor town?

I have a trip coming up tomorrow morning for a 11 am darshan. Will really be happy if someone can point out or pin out the place to take the left onto this new byroads road.
Old 26th July 2021, 15:45   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Dear all - I read through the posts and am glad that the Bye-Pass is in excellent question.

Where exactly do you turn off to this road? Do we still need to get to Chittoor town?

I have a trip coming up tomorrow morning for a 11 am darshan. Will really be happy if someone can point out or pin out the place to take the left onto this new byroads road.
You don't have to get into Chittoor town.

Just before you enter Chittoor, there is an left turn to get on to Tirupati Bypass road. Just take that only turn you have to take and its all bypass ride till Alipiri.

If you have a 11 AM darshan, along with travel time, plan buffers for Alipiri checkpoint which might take time depending on traffic.
temala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 15:58   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No need to get into Chittor town. Its just 90 degree left turn from NH4. Currently there is a bridge under construction, so you will be forced to go on right most lane where both the direction traffic is allowed. Once you cross 200 metres or so, you take 90 degree left under the bridge. Straight goes towards chittoor town and right fork goes towards chennai. You definitely won't miss it as lot of traffic will take left towards Tirupati.

See this google map link.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nand...13.6287557!3e0

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 26th July 2021 at 16:00.
Old 26th July 2021, 15:59   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If travelling from Bangalore, it is at this point on the map you need to take a left for the bypass. It is easy to miss since there is a flyover being constructed at this point and there is one direction board in yellow which is in non-Eng.

You refer the map below;

https://goo.gl/maps/9QhyZTi42U5A38qj7

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks