Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 12:13   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Shashank, any interceptors anywhere? Last time, I saw a couple near Kolar.
I didn't encounter any. However, it was raining so perhaps that may be why.

Quote:
Also, there where a few ugly culvert lips/protrusions on the final stretch to TPT. Gave us a massive bump as we were at good speeds. Have they fixed those in-progress bits now?
I drove straight to Padmavati temple during the onward journey and since our relative told it closes by 6pm (it reopens at 7pm as I later found out), I was at good speeds but can't think of any protrusion that sent a jolt into the cabin during the last leg.
As Ravi sir says, the entire stretch from Chittoor to Tirupati is well laid with absolutely no issues unlike the Nangli to Chittoor stretch.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 09:36   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Off to TPT this week - will update conditions once back. Plan is as follows:

1. Leave my Yelahanka residence around 1400;
2. Take the usual ORR route to hit NH 75;
3. Straight to TPT via Kolar and Chittoor bypass;
4. Stay overnight and do SED the next day at 0900;
5. Leave directly from TML by ~1100, and
6. Arrive back to BLR in time to beat the evening rush from KR Puram to Yelahanka.
Old 13th September 2021, 11:02   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Off to TPT this week - will update conditions once back. Plan is as follows:

1. Leave my Yelahanka residence around 1400;
2. Take the usual ORR route to hit NH 75;
3. Straight to TPT via Kolar and Chittoor bypass;
4. Stay overnight and do SED the next day at 0900;
5. Leave directly from TML by ~1100, and
6. Arrive back to BLR in time to beat the evening rush from KR Puram to Yelahanka.
Quoting my own thread for my update on BLR-Tirupati-BLR:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5147581
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:10   #1309
BHPian

I wanted to book the Special entry darshan (costing 300 RS) for the month of October and its already sold out on the TTD website astonishingly!
Will they open up more slots for us peasants?
Can a regular who does frequent visits advise?

I am very disheartened to miss out the newly laid Chittoor to Tirupathi roads
Old 30th September 2021, 12:19   #1310
BHPian

Hi All,

Till what time cars are allowed to climb up to Tirumala? I am planning to start around 5 PM from Bangalore, might reach Tirupati by 9-9:30 PM, will I be allowed to drive through Aliperi ?
Old 30th September 2021, 13:07   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Till what time cars are allowed to climb up to Tirumala? I am planning to start around 5 PM from Bangalore, might reach Tirupati by 9-9:30 PM, will I be allowed to drive through Aliperi ?
I think entry is restricted only midnight to 3am. We climbed at 330-400 am in February for an 8 am darshan. So 930pm shouldn't be a problem.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:40   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
I wanted to book the Special entry darshan (costing 300 RS) for the month of October and its already sold out on the TTD website astonishingly!
Will they open up more slots for us peasants?
Can a regular who does frequent visits advise?

I am very disheartened to miss out the newly laid Chittoor to Tirupathi roads
Actually, its not a surprise. Tickets will get over soon because it is released on monthly basis since pandemic started.
They won't open up more for 300 rupees darshan tickets. You can try for November slot or alternatively buy Virtual seva booking and then darshan for December which is available now.

Don't be disheartened just for for new road. Its going to be good for another year or so. So whenever you go to Tirupati, obviously you will enjoy it.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 14:20   #1313
BHPian

I had a day trip on 1-Oct. Capturing details:

I drove to Tirupati after ~4 years so go to see lots of changes.
This was also my first long ride in my 2021 Innova Crysta 2.4Z AT Diesel (Odo before journey: 900 KMs).
So, onward journey was rather slower progress due to a)getting to acquaint with my new car on highway, b) getting to acquaint with new Roads for me, c)Getting to acquaint with new places(1st visit to Kanipakkam temple).
Return journey was crisp. I am in love with my Crysta!

Booking Details:
I had booked Srivari Kalyanotsavam ticket(INR 1000) and my Darshan slot was 1:30PM. I could not get INR 300 tickets.
This allows 2persons per ticket. Me and senior-citizen Mother-In-Law had travelled.

Onward Journey
  1. Left Bellandur at 6:30AM.
  2. Onto KR Puram Hanging Bridge at 6:50AM
  3. Crossed Hoskote at 07:10AM
  4. <<10 Minute bio break>
  5. Crossed Mulbagal at 08:10AM
  6. Reached Kanipakkam Temple at 09:26AM
  7. <<40 Minute Darshan break at Kanipakkam>
  8. Started from Kanipakkam Temple at 10:10AM
  9. Reached Tirupati(Kapileshwara Temple) at 11:10AM
  10. <<30 Minute break at Tirupati for Breakfast>
  11. It took us 30 minutes to cross Alipiri checkpoint- which is staggered now. First it is for relevant documents (Vaccine certifiate, ticket, ID); Next one is for frisking, luggage scan, vehicle frisking and toll
  12. At Tirumala, took Tirumala Outer Ring road and reached Parking at 12:45
  13. Enforcements: 28 minute ride is enforced for ride uphill. It is not being enforced for ride downhill(min 40 minutes) i.e. there is no scan being done.

Parking to Temple Entry
Darshan
  • We entered the Sheegrha Entry Darshan (SED) reporting place by 12:57PM for 1:30PM slot and were allowed inside.
  • We had brisk walk till the tickets are scanned. 14 counters were open and each had 12-20 devotees in line. Social Distancing was not followed.
  • By 1:15 PM, we were put into one of those large caged rooms where we had to wait for 1 hour.
  • Social distancing was not followed. ~50% of devotees were not putting masks(off or on chins)
  • By 2:15PM, we were let out of the rooms and it was a slow crawl till 2:45PM: we crossed ~30 metres (including frisking and luggage scan) and got to the stairs that lead to foot-over bridge over South Mada street @2:45PM.
  • Once we go to the foot over-bridge, it was a free walk right until 10 metres before entrance of inner sanctum sanctorum.
  • Guards were enforcing masks at the final frisking point.
  • We got a nice darshan(~20 seconds). I saw that the volunteers were much less inside and were not pushing unlike pre-covid where 2 sec Darshan was an achievement.
  • There was rush in Hundi deposit as well with no social distancing.
  • Got mini laddu in prasadam

Laddu collection:
  1. Since mine was Kalyanotsavam Seva, I had to go any of the 4 dedicated counter on 1st floor. It was a quick affair at the empty counter.
  2. I saw immense rush for a) Agarabatti, b)Laddu bags and extra Laddu counters
  3. We were out of Temple Complex by 3PM. From foot over bridge(2:45 PM), it was 15 minute affair.
  4. End-to-End it took 2 hours of which 1 hour waiting in a caged room.
Post Darshan to Parking
  1. After Laddu Counter, I was confused which way to take and ended up coming out to Museum.
  2. Took a taxi (INR 50) who took us back to the parking. It was barely 200 meters away but my senior citizen Mother In Law was very tired.

Tirumala to Padmavati Temple, Tirupati
  1. Started from Tirumala by 3:30PM.
  2. Reached Padmavati Temple at 4:50PM. Slow progress in city due to rush and Flyover work which has made the roads narrow
  3. Found difficulty to find parking at Padmavati temple
  4. Realized the ticket counters had changed and took time to understand,
  5. Took INR 100 ticket and was darshan done in 15 mins.

Tirupati to Bangalore
  1. Started from Tirupati at 5:30PM and Reached by Bellandur at 09:30PM with 30 minute breaks. So, driving time was 3:30 Hours.
  2. Tirupati to KR Puram Bridge driving time was 3 Hours.
  3. The roads were largely free as compare to onward journey

I completely echo member comments on road quality and nothing new to add. The Palamaner - Bangarupalayam area is real badly executed section and not comfortable at all.

In my new Crysta, the undulations and bumps in my onward journey was much more pronounced as my ride speed was low.
In return, I drove significantly faster and the undulations and bumps were much less.

I have another trip on 26-Nov and I am looking forward to it!

Other observations:
1. Sarva Darshan is allowed.
2. Kids are allowed
3. I saw many people with Plastic Bottles in the queue.
4. In the onward journey during daytime, there was traffic near villages. Almost everywhere I saw some random idiot jumping medians (walk, bike, cycle, auto, van) or coming in wrong direction in centre of the road! Be very very careful!
5. There are random surprises- a) Speed breakers are unmarked. b)Repair section is not well marked out. At highway speed, it can be very dangerous!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2021 at 19:36. Reason: As requested
daretodream is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:25   #1314
BHPian

Hi all, any good vegetarian restaurants recommendation at Tirupati? I am on the way, started around 2:30pm from Bangalore.
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:31   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi all, any good vegetarian restaurants recommendation at Tirupati? I am on the way, started around 2:30pm from Bangalore.
You can eat at PS4 (Perambur Sri Srinvasa Sweets and Snacks), which is on the way towards Alipiri. Excellent, yummy and hygienic veg food.

https://goo.gl/maps/WB46WgxPV5wbsHnd8

They have basement parking too. Due to ongoing bridge constructions, watch out to identify the place.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:26   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Be careful when driving on this route. Especially between Chittoor and Tirupati, vehicles occasionally come in the opposite direction - in the fast lane. They come without any hazard lights or indicators, and at high speeds.

Even trucks, which usually prefer the rightmost lane in highways, can be seen driving in the middle lane. This is the reason.

On this stretch, it might be better to overtake only when a clear view of the road ahead is available, like on a highway without dividers.
Old 3rd November 2021, 23:06   #1317
BHPian

Booked Special entry darshan for 300 Rs on December 6th 2021.

Am i eligible for room booking on December 5th itself? Do guide me, as this is my first time booking a room via the TTD website.
I would like to go the previous night, rest and then go for the Darshana on 6th December.
Hope that is feasible?

Also, can someone elucidate the significance of the 684 crore fly-over?
Does it help travelers going to Tirumala from Bangalore?

More details on this fly-over HERE

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 3rd November 2021 at 23:08.
Old 3rd November 2021, 23:51   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Booked Special entry darshan for 300 Rs on December 6th 2021.

Am i eligible for room booking on December 5th itself? Do guide me, as this is my first time booking a room via the TTD website.
I would like to go the previous night, rest and then go for the Darshana on 6th December.
Hope that is feasible?
Yes you can book. Opt for Dec 5th 6 PM check-in slot. You will get the room booked until 5 PM on 6th December

Quote:
Also, can someone elucidate the significance of the 684 crore fly-over?
Does it help travelers going to Tirumala from Bangalore?
This flyover is on the Chennai -Tirupati Road. If you want to take this you have to drive down until Tiruchanur and take left on to the Tirupati Road. I will not recommend this, unless, you have planned to visit the Tiruchanur temple

Last edited by saisree : 3rd November 2021 at 23:53.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 10:43   #1319

Hi guys…planning a road trip. Trivandrum to Srikalahasti to Hyderabad to Bangalore and then back to Trivandrum. Looking forward to suggestions regarding route and things to be looked into. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th November 2021, 19:06   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan0387 View Post
Hi guys…planning a road trip. Trivandrum to Srikalahasti to Hyderabad to Bangalore and then back to Trivandrum. Looking forward to suggestions regarding route and things to be looked into. Thanks in advance.
You are planning a 2000 Km Road Trip At east to me, it's a energy sapping drive. I would recommend you to take Train if possible.

Trivandrum to Sri Kalahasthi -> Has to be through Trichy -Tindivanam - Chennai - Gummidipoondi Route.
Sri Kalahasthi to Hyderabad -> You can take Tirupati - Kurnool - Jadcherala (Mehboobnagar) Route
Hyderabad to Bengaluru -> It has to be the Jadcherla - Kurnool - Anantapur - Bengaluru
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks