Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2021, 13:50   #13426
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So if i leave KL to TN for a function, i have to take a TN pass for the onward journey and a KL pass for the return journey?

If yes, then do i need to take a test report (journey is just for 2 days)? Or do i apply in the short visit (which does not seem to be for this purpose) with a TN address and say i am entering KL for some function or something?

Sigh
So entered TN with TN E-Pass. At Kaliyakkavilai check post, cops asked vehicles to park on the side of the narrow road and started asking if we have e-pass. Showed them the pass, they asked me to go to the front (leaving the car), where there was a lady sitting with a register. She noted down the details in my pass and said ok.

For coming back to KL tomorrow, i have taken the domestic entry pass but time slot was only till 4PM-6PM and i will be crossing the checkpost after that time only...hope it won't be an issue.
Old 10th July 2021, 13:50   #13427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I'm planning for Bangalore - Thrissur tomorrow. Even though we all are vaccinated, have taken RT-PCR certificate also.
Have the E-Pass for Kerala along with the "Going out of TN by Road" pass.
Update. Started from Bangalore 4:30AM and reached Home Thrissur (504KM) at 12:30PM. (10th July)
Breakfast we had taken parcel from home. Stopped at Sharavana bhavan for a bio break.

Had breakfast in car itself at parking.

Travel experience..
At Attibele, no one checked for TN road pass. Saw just one policeman. May be because it's too early time. On the way, many places policemen / Barricades were there, but no where checked.

At Walayar, Police man asked where we are headed and from where we are coming. Next Question was
"Are you having pass?
I said yes.
Then he asked "Both of you vaccinated with 2 doses? (Intended for me n wife. My two grown up children were there in the car, but by the question I understood that they are not particular about kids.

I said both of us are fully vaccinated.
He said let me see the documents. I reached out to the folder and he just waved at us and said you can go.

Just before leaving, I asked him is RT-PCR needed if vaccinated. He answered if fully vaccinated, RT-PCR is not needed.

Do not know some of the responses are very specific to the individual you deal with.

Also, if you sound confident, do not check any of the docs.
Old 11th July 2021, 08:43   #13428
Senior - BHPian

A friend shared the attached news in today's Manorama daily. Coimbatore district administration is now mandating RT PCR negative certificate and TN e pass for travellers from Kerala in view of high covid case counts, so entry via Walayar would have hassles. There were huge pile of vehicles on both sides yesterday.

The news also indicate that Nilgiri administration is also tightening up the vigil and checks in view of Zika virus reported in Kerala. No inter state bus services are allowed.
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-img20210711wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 11th July 2021 at 08:47.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:12   #13429
BHPian

Did Thrissur - Bangalore yesterday (10/Jul). Took the usual route via Coimbatore -> Salem -> Hosur. Started at 5:45 AM from Thrissur and reached Bangalore home at around 1 PM. There were no checking anywhere on the route. At Walayar, you are diverted to the service road and there was a check post set up with a cop inside. Was expecting checking for e-Pass based on what I read lately, but the cop didn't even glance at our direction. There are similar set ups (temporary tents/barricades) at district borders en-route. They had few police men hanging around, but no one bothered to stop us or check for anything.

At Attibele, the private cars are diverted to a lane on the left leading to the toll. Few cars were parked and I was expecting them to stop us. But the cop manning the lane just waved us to keep going. Noticed that the cars parked had KL registration. I believe they didn't bother to check us since mine is KA registered.

Encountered lot of traffic in TN. It didn't appear at all as if there was a lockdown in effect. In fact the lack of public transport has resulted in multi-fold increase in two-wheeler traffic.
PADAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 22:22   #13430
BHPian

Has anyone recently visited Valparai? Just wanted to know if the drive to Athirapally is allowed, or if there are any mandates at Malakkapara check post.
Old 12th July 2021, 10:42   #13431

Had travelled from Chennai to Kottayam on 11th July, Sunday. Me and my family had not taken the RT-PCR/Antigen test as we had taken both doses vaccine. At Walayar, there was a small line up of 6-7 vehicles and quite a lot of bikes (separate queue though). The officer asked us if we had the RT-PCR/Antigen test results to which i replied we've taken both doses vaccine. He glanced at the hard copies i showed and let us go. We were not stopped anywhere else.
Old 12th July 2021, 12:48   #13432
BHPian

Hi all,

Just wondering if I would need anything else except from a RT-PCR Negative Report (from KL), and Jagratha e-Pass along with a single-dose certificate for a <72 hour stay in Kozhikode.

The route I would be taking is Udupi - Mangalore - Kasargod - Kozhikode (as shown on Google Maps; first time taking this route. Earlier travelled through BLR-Mysore-Kozhikode) and returning on the same route after a day.

Have some personal & work commitments. I have heard that at the KA-KL Border near Mangalore, there is usually some or the other hoopla.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12th July 2021, 14:08   #13433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka51resident View Post
The route I would be taking is Udupi - Mangalore - Kasargod - Kozhikode (as shown on Google Maps; first time taking this route. Earlier travelled through BLR-Mysore-Kozhikode) and returning on the same route after a day.

Have some personal & work commitments. I have heard that at the KA-KL Border near Mangalore, there is usually some or the other hoopla.
Actually, you may not need anything for this travel. I have done this (partially), Kanhangad - Kasargod - Mangalore - Surathkal and return on the same day. i.e crossed across the Thalapady check post (border) twice. And there is absolutely no checking on either sides. This was on day before yesterday. No one stopped and there was no one to stop.

Carrying ePass from KL anyway is no harm.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 14:13   #13434
BHPian

Travelled Thrissur - Bangalore yesterday (11/Jul). There was no checking at TN entry via Walayar. There was no checking at KA entry at Atibelle. At Karnataka border, they are only checking KL registration vehicles.
guruji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 21:20   #13435
BHPian

Hi Team,thanks for all the info provided.

I will be travelling this Saturday from Hyderabad to Bangalore and next day to Thishur. Have taken the TN e-pass. Wife and me have had one vaccination each and hence will take the RT-PCR test. Father has had both vaccinations and hence hope RT-PCR may not be reqd.Is RT-PCR reqd.for those below 14?

Should i be taking any other passes like for entry to Karnataka and entry to Kerala?

Also the max.passengers that the TN ePass portal allows in one vehicle is 4.Hence have not listed my10 year old kids name. Hope this will not be a problem
Old 13th July 2021, 23:16   #13436
BHPian

Just did a quick Bangalore to Thrissur trip, left yesterday and got back today. No checking while entering TN, but was stopped at Walayar. The cop was more interested in my Kona and let me go with just a cursory question about the pass. I didn't see any other vehicle parked or held up at the border.

On the return, there was no checking anywhere, while entering TN or KA (KA reg car). Looks like things are loosening up once again.

Took 8 hours each way, yesterday and today, including 30min to charge the car up/ grab a bite at the same time, each way.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 08:40   #13437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Hi Team,thanks for all the info provided.
<snip>
Is RT-PCR reqd.for those below 14?

Should i be taking any other passes like for entry to Karnataka and entry to Kerala?

Also the max.passengers that the TN ePass portal allows in one vehicle is 4.Hence have not listed my10 year old kids name. Hope this will not be a problem
You will need to take the Short/Regular visit pass for entry to Kerala - this is something they ask consistently at the border, KA doesn't have any such procedures as of now for entry(https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit)

With no clear information on the norms, I cannot give an useful answer to the RT-PCR question, but I know a lot of folks who have travelled to Kerala in the last two weeks and there were no questions about test results for children.

PS: TN allows more travelers for bigger class of vehicles.
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:35   #13438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Those who are travelling in and out of Kerala on state highways / National highways by car be extremely careful of speed limits/cameras.

I had visited Thrissur and came back in last year Oct/Nov. After that not much of car usage and never checked. (KA reg Car).
Recently checked mParivahan App and saw my car status as blacklisted.

Checked the online portal and found 4 speed tickets each Rs.1500. Total Rs.6000 paid now :(
I took the same route in June this year. Got 6 tickets Just wish they put more speed limit signs up, the roads are so good, you don't even realise how fast you're going!
VinNam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 20:03   #13439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post

Karnataka does not have any entry pass requirements. I just completed a Hyderabad - Bangalore drive today and there was no checking anywhere on this route.
Aiel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 12:51   #13440
BHPian

RT-PCR negative certificate not mandatory for visitors coming to Kerala if fully vaccinated against Covid as per latest news.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...t-2331251.html

if anyone has access to the official order (from chief secretary) soft copy, please share.

Last edited by sknair : 17th July 2021 at 12:52.
sknair is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks