Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 15:58   #1906
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Sorry to hijacke this... how about this route?
The Alnvar/Kittur section was quite bad. The SH was really in shambles in Jun last year.
At best take the Ankola route itself.

If you really want to enjoy at the cost of route comfort may be you should try :
Dhatwad/Haliyal/Dhandeli/Ganeshgudi/Ramnagar/Ponda/Panaji.

Though its not a great route by any means, but, better than the Alnavar section.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 17:33   #1907
BHPian

Need your suggestions/help here.

We are planning to start around 1300hours on a weekday from BLR enroute to South Goa. Since it takes around 9hours of driving time, i would prefer to stay for the night at a place close to our destination. Suggestions welcome on places+hotels to stay. Would Karwar be ideal or Hubli?

Also looking at google map, it shows a diversion from bankapur. Is this route good all the way till yellapur?
Old 28th May 2012, 17:47   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The Alnvar/Kittur section was quite bad. The SH was really in shambles in Jun last year.
At best take the Ankola route itself.

If you really want to enjoy at the cost of route comfort may be you should try :
Dhatwad/Haliyal/Dhandeli/Ganeshgudi/Ramnagar/Ponda/Panaji.

Though its not a great route by any means, but, better than the Alnavar section.
this is how it looks like http://goo.gl/maps/oap5, mate i think i can cover supa dam too... KARNATAKA POWER CORPORATION LTD-Supa Dam Power House
Old 28th May 2012, 18:06   #1909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Need your suggestions/help here.

We are planning to start around 1300hours on a weekday from BLR enroute to South Goa. Since it takes around 9hours of driving time, i would prefer to stay for the night at a place close to our destination. Suggestions welcome on places+hotels to stay. Would Karwar be ideal or Hubli?

Also looking at google map, it shows a diversion from bankapur. Is this route good all the way till yellapur?
Since you are starting at 1PM assume at least 7 hours to Hubli with a break.
That means you would cross Hubli by 7:30 to 8PM.

There are not many places in Yellapur/Ankola and Ankola would take at least 3-4 hours.
From that point of view Hubli is best possible place to stay for the night. An early morning drive through NH63 would be very refreshing.

Quote:
this is how it looks like http://goo.gl/maps/oap5, mate i think i can cover supa dam too...
Yes That was the route I was suggesting. Its very scenic, but roads are at best OK,
But that's a beautiful location.

Last edited by ampere : 28th May 2012 at 18:09.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 18:20   #1910
BHPian

Quote:

Yes That was the route I was suggesting. Its very scenic, but roads are at best OK,
But that's a beautiful location.
Just found Dudhsagar Falls is on the way too...thanks again AMP.. as i will be using XUV500 for this trip hence hoping some good journey

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th June 2012 at 05:23. Reason: Please read the note in your post very carefully, thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 18:29   #1911
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just found Dudhsagar Falls is on the way too...thanks again AMP.. as i will be using XUV500 for this trip hence hoping some good journey
Tushar,

You can drive to Mollem from Kulem. From there you have to trek to the waterfalls.
I think from Kulem there is a 4WD trail to some point where you can park and trek .
I have no idea of how good or how bad it is.

Check TL and this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2499485

All the best for a good drive. XUV should be fun on the highway!
Old 4th June 2012, 11:09   #1912
BHPian

Back from BLR-Goa over the weekend. Had a good time at Royal Orchid, Uttorda.

Route: BLR-Chitradurga-Davangere-Mundgod-Yellapur-Karwar-Uttorda.
Excellent roads throughout-

Started GPS track 15kms from Karwar. Travel time 6.15hrs, 491kms. Did not stop enroute till we reached BLR outskirts.

Sports Tracker
Old 4th June 2012, 11:16   #1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Thanks ampere. As per the 2nd option which I mentioned earlier - it's 629 kms door to door (sarjapur road to varca) whereas if I route it via hubli - it's coming to 678 kms. So quick query;

1) SH6 between Bankapur and Yellapur - howz the road condition? Since it is a State Highway - it will surely be not like a 4 laned PB Highway. But - is it bad that one will not be able to commute at a decent speed 60 to 80 kmph?
2) How much more time it might take if I go via Hubli instead of Bankapur/ Yellapur SH6 stretch?

Any suggestions?

Dear Mahesh,

As I posted when I returned from Goa in early May, the Yellapur - Mundgod -Yellapur is a 'good" road with one small section that is patchy. In a scorpio that made no difference at all, but it is very picturesque with the forrest.

If you do not wish to take this road, you can turn-off short of Hubli as well to re-join the Hubli-Ankola road. It is a short SH section and not bad.

The route thereafter is excellent - with a wonderful Hubli-Ankola section and equally the Ankola-Goa road.

Have a great drive.

Salut !!
Arjun

(PS: While in Goa, I enquired about all other roads and ghat sections and was advised not to attempt under any circumstances)
Old 4th June 2012, 14:02   #1914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tushar,

You can drive to Mollem from Kulem. From there you have to trek to the waterfalls.
I think from Kulem there is a 4WD trail to some point where you can park and trek .
I have no idea of how good or how bad it is.
My friend had taken this 4WD route in a Bolero 4WD couple of years back. As per him the road was quiet bad, though Bolero was able to cover it. For an XUV it may become slightly more tricky.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 10:16   #1915
BHPian

It would be great if i can see picture or video for roads... i checked Dudhsagar wiki Dudhsagar Falls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which says... The Water Fall can be reached both by road and rail. It can be reached by road from the National Highway (NH-4A). The nearest Station to the falls is Collem (South Central Railway); And the route for rail to reach the falls from Goa is Collem-Mollem - 6 km and then, Carambolim (Karmali Railway Station - Konkan Railways) and Carambolim-Old Goa-Ponda-Tiska-Mollem (total 50 km) by road. But entering the park and mountains which lead to the falls is not advisable in a normal car, and may only be accessible to SUV's and 4WD jeeps, as the road comprises a jungle track that has rivers criss crossing it at several points. The driver drops one just near the falls from where one may have to walk 1 kilometer ahead, crossing over small ways carved through the rocks at the foot of the falls. This waterfalls lies on the Londa-Margaon railway route.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:31   #1916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It would be great if i can see picture or video for roads...

If you need to take a train, you need to board passenger train that stops at that station.

No videos that I know, but here is a TL.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...dudhsagar.html
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 10:39   #1917
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Quote:
If you need to take a train, you need to board passenger train that stops at that station.

No videos that I know, but here is a TL.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...dudhsagar.html
Thx for sharing this... much appreciate it.. my worry is we are 2 couple & 2 kids hence not sure if we can walk 1km along with them or i can take XUV 500 2WD close to this...

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2012 at 11:05.
Old 13th June 2012, 12:18   #1918
BHPian

Me, my wifey and 3 of our dogs in an Innova drove from Bangalore to Goa last month on this route and it was a wonderful experience. The roads are 95% butter smooth and we mainainted a maximum speed of 100km/h covering the distance in 12 hrs with 5-6 breaks. I'll be putting up a travelogue on the same soon, but this is my 2 cents for those who are concerned about the road conditions and are planning to make a trip.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-route.jpg
alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 07:04   #1919
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to go to Goa next weekend. I am planning to take tumkur->shimoga->Sagar route while going with breaks at jog falls and yaana.

For return journey I was thinking to cover dudhsagar falls and return via Hubli route.

Now, how do we reach hubli road from the falls?

Regards,
Old 14th June 2012, 12:43   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Hi,

I am planning to go to Goa next weekend. I am planning to take tumkur->shimoga->Sagar route while going with breaks at jog falls and yaana.

For return journey I was thinking to cover dudhsagar falls and return via Hubli route.

Now, how do we reach hubli road from the falls?

Regards,
How do you intend to go to the falls.Only bikes would take you there or hire jeeps if you are lucky to find them.

One options is to to get back on NH4A and take the route via Ramnagar-Alnavar-Hubli.

The other option is to come via Haliyal-Dandeli-Dharwad-Hubli-NH4.

Check this thread for updates http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2640561

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks