Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 21:32   #301
Senior - BHPian

SS, you know, I go through worse roads daily to and fro office!! Bombay is always the BEST!
Old 7th September 2010, 22:14   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
...I go through worse roads daily...
No kidding???

Anything worse than this would either resemble the moonscape or the highways of Bihar till not so long ago. Really need to see those pics (from your route)!

And OT, you really need that kind of 4WD, with high-lift jack and spot lamps focussed at all directions.
Old 7th September 2010, 22:58   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
No kidding???

Anything worse than this would either resemble the moonscape or the highways of Bihar till not so long ago. Really need to see those pics (from your route)!

And OT, you really need that kind of 4WD, with high-lift jack and spot lamps focussed at all directions.
Let me see if I can fish out something from my car video. The unfortunate thing that has happened is that they have dumped some rubble on the worst sections over the weekend and the road has become a little better since Monday!!! I take what is known as the BPT Road, and around Reay Road, one gets into massive pits and further down, near the Port Trust Hospital, there is constant stagnant water from the flooding and the trucks going next to you lurch down towards you as they totter like drunkards. My biggest fear is those containers (as usual, none of them battened down) will slide off and fall on you, it is that bad!
Old 8th September 2010, 16:42   #304
BHPian

The Malshej- Bhandardara trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Few months back, someone had posted that it is drivable via kotul but confirm at otur about route condition.

otherwise, take the usual route of ale phata-sangamner-akole.

for pune - malshej, i will recommend

pune-narayangaon-junner-ganesh ghat-madh-malshej.
it is good road and will save at least 25 km compared to ale phata route.
Well I went to Malshej via Narayangaon- Junnar- Pimpalgaon dam-Ganesh khnd ghat. Quite good road. But Nashik road is boring. Malshej was clothed in thick cloud, the waterfalls were in full flow, the MTDC resort wet and the kitchen/restaurant its usual surly and inefficient self. From Malshej went to Bhandardara via the Otur- Kotul- Rajur road. This is a single track and goes through a hilly forested green country for about 40 km of winding roads. It was good stuff. The road had a few bad patches (but acceptable after three months of rain) and in Kotul village one bus made me reverse and give way due to the narrow streets which have no vestige of tar left on them! The longer route via Ale phata would have taken more time as it is nearly 50 km more.

Bhandardara was overflowing and the car had to pass thro ankle deep flowing water to get across to the resort - MTDC again. The cottages are very well located compared to other resorts but strongly suggest one goes out and has food at another resort nearby. Here again went three fourth of the way around the dam through forest roads seeing waterfalls till one reaches the Amruteshwar temple built of old stone. This is supposed to be the origin of the Pravara river that later joins the Godavari. The deep gorges at the Randha waterfall are another site to see. Fortunately the full lake meant we could see the speel water fall as water was let off from two gates.

The return journey for Pune was uneventful, via Sangamner.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:35   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Never mind the highways, some roads in the heart of Delhi have started to look like this during the present monsoon season.

These are from Okhla.

Old 10th September 2010, 11:01   #306

Hi
Does anyone have any gen on the present (post/during monsoon) state of the road from Jamnagar to Mumbai via Ahmedabad? Or stretches of it?
Old 11th September 2010, 00:36   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machax View Post
Hi
Does anyone have any gen on the present (post/during monsoon) state of the road from Jamnagar to Mumbai via Ahmedabad? Or stretches of it?
From Rajkot onwards, via Ahmedabad, road is great. So is the NE1 expressway and the NH8 till Surat. After that, road widening can slow you down, and from Vapi onwards the road is also not in good condition. I have no idea about Jamnagar-Rajkot section.
Old 11th September 2010, 15:52   #308
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video from my daily drive - at Reay Road, Bombay:

Old 11th September 2010, 16:27   #309
Senior - BHPian

[quote=hvkumar;2065524]Here is a video from my daily drive - at Reay Road, Bombay:

You still have the Ladak stickers on your bonnet ?
Old 11th September 2010, 16:31   #310
Senior - BHPian

[quote=laluks;2065549]
Quote:

You still have the Ladak stickers on your bonnet ?
Yes, Lalu, very good quality stickers, looks as good as new, despite many monkeys trying to peel it off in car parking lots and such like!
Old 13th September 2010, 19:35   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Just heard on the news on TV - the Chandigarh-Manali highway has been washed away by a cloudburst. Cannot find a link on the web except this: Cloudburst hits Kharahal Valley in Himachal Pradesh - Yahoo! India News. Someone please confirm this.
Quote:

YouTube - car
Interesting, to say the least! We could well have a competition going on who travels the worst roads.
Old 16th September 2010, 17:27   #312
BHPian

Hey folks, I am planning to drive down to Lansdowne from Noida over the coming weekend. The route would be Noida-Meerut-Bijnor-Najibabad-Kotdwar-Landdowne. I would appreciate if you can update me on the road conditions of the route mentioned.
Old 16th September 2010, 23:28   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey folks, I am planning to drive down to Lansdowne from Noida over the coming weekend. The route would be Noida-Meerut-Bijnor-Najibabad-Kotdwar-Landdowne. I would appreciate if you can update me on the road conditions of the route mentioned.
I had posted about this a few days ago...
Quote:
Suggest you avoid Lansdowne at this point of time. Apart from the fact that NH58 is in poor condition, landslides and rain in the lower UK hills have made passing through very tricky. Unless, of course, you have a 4wd and are feeling exrtremely adventurous.
You would see some of the pics of NH58 before Meerut, a few posts ago.

Incidentally, there's been news on TV today about a landslide near Mandi, with traffic backed up for over 10 km.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:41   #314
BHPian

Quote:

Incidentally, there's been news on TV today about a landslide near Mandi, with traffic backed up for over 10 km.
Thanks for the info SST!

Can you provide me info about the route post Meerut towards Mawana/Bijnor/Najibabad?

I'll check with the GMVN folks about road conditions post Kotdwar.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:02   #315
BHPian

Quote:

Next month from Delhi airport, I have to visit Panipat, Kunjpura, Shukratal, Najibabad and a village just North of baghpat calle Gauripur on the Yamuna before returning to Delhi.

I am planning to take a cab from the airport (at 0930 or so) and head for Panipat, check in at a hotel there, then head for Kunjpura, via Shamli to Shukratal and to stay for the night at Panipat.

Next day plan to from Panipat to Najibabad and stay there and day three return to Delhi for the evening flight.

Could u suggest a better allocation of distances and routes? Should I keep Shukra tal for day one or move it to day two....perhaps tat may be better?

I may have two hrs work in Panipat, one hour in Kunjpura and Shukratal and a couple of hours in Najibabad.

Hope to hear from you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks