Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 09:43   #361
Senior - BHPian

The only problem area is the AP-MH border, rest of the route is OK. No safety issues on this route, but once you cross Adilabad, it is pretty lonely till you reach near Nagpur.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:12   #362
BHPian

Thanks HVK Sir!

Appreciate your quick response. In this case it might be better to start very early morning on Saturday. If we can start around 03:30 then we can hit Nagpur by 13:00 or so.

I had another query, will drop you a PM.

Regards
Old 4th October 2010, 11:18   #363
BHPian

Sailor,

Recently did the Delhi-Hyderabad trip, enroute Nagpur on 1st October. Nagpur to Hinghanghat is a pretty decent surface, however there is a stretch of probably around 30 kms of badly broken surfaces, heavily potholed on the Pandharkawada-AP border section. You need to actually look out for the road, there are many diversions, some of them seem good to start off, at the end of a 2-3kms, you end up on a sudden big potholes, this repeats on this approx 30km stretch, so have to be patient (good news is that repair work is happening on foot). AP border through Adilabad town is an ok single (2way) road, byepass is still under construction, but once you byepass Adilabad town, there is a 4 way track leading all the way before Nirmal, from here you get a single/2way track pretty decent with very few potholes all the way to Nizamabad byepass/railway crossing. Rest from here to Hyderabad is a lovely 4 track. I would suggest to do the affected section during day time or maybe early evenings, incase you have plans to halt in Nagpur, but i'm sure you would cross over and hit Nagpur early before night fall, if its a 3:30am start.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:52   #364
BHPian

Thanks @Dave!

How did your Civic responded during your transit between Pandharkawada and Hinganghat. I also would be travelling in a Civic and the low GC almost always create some concerns!

Please also share your transit time between Nagpur - Hyderbad.

Thanks
Old 4th October 2010, 12:50   #365
BHPian

Sailor,

Thanks to Honda, Civic did respond more than satisfactorily all the way from Delhi to Hyderabad. We had to change the rear right tyre inorder to take off the wobble it was creating, replaced it with the spare one, Thank God we made it safe all the way, so many millions and zillions of craters we've escaped. Now both the rear tyres have lost half of its grip, we could travel at max 115-120 speeds, didn't took much chances.

However would suggest not to take Nagpur-Delhi route which has so much surprises in store for you, though I've seen maybe a couple of group were doing some repairs on footing round about Itarsi and the forest ghat section, it sure seems would take quite some months. Now as per your query regarding Pandharkawada-Hinganghat, slows your vehicle down, managed speeds of 40-50 in betweens and as my previous post i said you come to a point of diversions, where there is a 2-3km good surface and all of a sudden, you look out for the road, and by the way there are around 4-5 big time potholes, where you need drive at drop dead speed to escape these.

I had to drive the both the front tyres on the higher side where in between its a quite a big hollow, because if i choose to drive through the hollow, the gap between the other hollow, hits the bottom. This is the section you need to be patient, slow down, expect the unexpected potholes, even if you think you've escaped quite some heavy potholes, there are some more waiting ahead. There are two tolls each of them costing 85 rupees one way/single from Hyderabad-Adilabad and one enroute to Nagpur.

Make sure you are dead slow at such railway crossing just before Nizamabad byepass, (left road takes you to Nizamabad town, instead take the straight road to Nirmal) they are huge bumps before the railway crossing. Four way road is right from Hyderabad before you reach this railway crossing and Two way to Nirmal, but its quite a decent road, expect a few potholes not major.

Once you get through Nirmal and beyond, you hit the four way track, this takes you inside of Adilabad town, traffic slows down here, you wouldn't face any problem the ground clearance here, into Maharashtra border, misery starts till around Pandharkawada. From there on, its a superb road to Nagpur.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:20   #366
BHPian

Thanks Dave for your informative reply.
Old 5th October 2010, 10:56   #367
BHPian

Update on roads in Uttarakhand

>>>

NDTV says roads are still not exactly motorable (especially in the Almora district): Heavy rain in Uttarakhand, tourists stuck for 2 weeks

Last week I received news that roads from Delhi to Ranikhet, i.e., NH24 & NH87 are ok. The latest news implies careful driving.

Regards, drive safe.
Old 5th October 2010, 10:59   #368
Senior - BHPian

With the battering the Kumaon region has taken, I am sure it will be at least 1-2 months before roads are restored.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:51   #369
Senior - BHPian

Planning to drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum this weekend.

1. Anyone has updates on NH47 Nagerkovil-Trivandrum stretch?

2. I assume NH7 from Bangalore till Nagerkovil suburbs is great as usual and the rains have not done much to it.
Old 5th October 2010, 14:45   #370
Senior - BHPian

Not heard of any damage in the NH47 between TVM and Nagercoil.
Old 5th October 2010, 23:57   #371
BHPian

Planning Delhi- Dehradun , Mussoorie this friday. How is the condition of the road after monsoon ? How is the traffic ? . estimated time for the drive ?
Thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 00:20   #372
BHPian

NH 212 to Calicut in Kerala from Mysore has developed some bad stretches.
The ghat section between Thamarassery and Vythiri is in a bad shape.
Old 6th October 2010, 00:39   #373
BHPian

Hi,

If anybody know the state of affairs of roads on the stretch of road from Ambala- Narayangarh-Nahan-Renukaji-Paonta Sahib (NH72)?
Old 6th October 2010, 09:45   #374
Senior - BHPian

There are news reports that national highway connecting Punalur and Kottarakkara (NH208) has deteriorated due to rains. (Malayala Manorama link here). Only one side of the road is driveable, night drive is hazardous.

Heavy rains in coastal Trivandrum (Vizhinjam, Kovalam etc), and in areas around Kallada river (Kundara, Kottarakkara, Punalur etc).
Old 6th October 2010, 09:50   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
Planning Delhi- Dehradun , Mussoorie this friday. How is the condition of the road after monsoon ? How is the traffic ? . estimated time for the drive ?
Thanks
Nothing much heard about the condition of the road which is in some places, just passable.

Problem is the messy traffic till you cross Modinagar. Ideally, leave as early as possible to escape day traffic. If drive is good, expect to take 5-7 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks