Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 12:35   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
I suggest after Mumbai, .. if you go to Pune Kolhapur, then its just like an expressway and you can go real fast right till the Sankeshwar crossing and from there you can take a right to Amboli ghat which ..you can search for Pune to Goa via Gadhinglaj or Amboli and you should get details.

Please read the last line in this post of HVK http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2028305-post6.html dtd Aug 16

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 19th August 2010 at 12:36.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:00   #137
Senior - BHPian

Just as DF & HVK suggests,Amboli is still closed,so do not try that route.

Either go via Radhanagari-Phondaghat-Kankawli-Sawantwadi-Goa

or else

Drive to Belgaum and then take the NH4A via Khanapur-Londa-Mollem-Ponda.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:27   #138
BHPian

Planning to drive Pune to Goa (convoy of 4 Innovas) this Sunday. What's the status on Amboli ghat / road conditions? Is Radhanagari the best option, if we need to go via Sawantwadi?

Sorry for cross posting and TIA!
Old 27th August 2010, 13:52   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Planning to drive Pune to Goa (convoy of 4 Innovas) this Sunday. What's the status on Amboli ghat / road conditions? Is Radhanagari the best option, if we need to go via Sawantwadi?

Sorry for cross posting and TIA!

I did Thane - Goa yesterday via Amboli Ghat. Amboli Ghat is open from 7 am to 6 pm. The Landslide has impacted about 100 feet of Road on this section after Amboli. The Road is scarily narrow and can see that landslides are not yet fully cleared & may run risk of another one during heavy rains. Worth taking this route if no heavy rains are expected !!!

My Cousins travelled from Belgaum to Panjim via Khanapur- Ramnagar-Admod Ghat - Molem. They reported the road to be good save for couple of Kms of rough motorable patch.
Old 27th August 2010, 21:54   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post
I did Thane - Goa yesterday via Amboli Ghat. Amboli Ghat is open from 7 am to 6 pm.

My Cousins travelled from Belgaum to Panjim via Khanapur- Ramnagar-Admod Ghat - Molem. They reported the road to be good save for couple of Kms of rough motorable patch.
Why the night restrictions in Amboli Ghat? There never was earlier. Is it because of the landslides?

The NH4A from Belgaum to Goa via Molem is the best road for the moment.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:39   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Why the night restrictions in Amboli Ghat? There never was earlier. Is it because of the landslides?

The NH4A from Belgaum to Goa via Molem is the best road for the moment.
Yes, the restriction is because of the land slide possibility and in the night visibility is really bad if its raining or due to foggy condition. Couple of days back when the work was going on to remove the land slide debris, there was another small land slide at the same place, so this is just for a precaution.
Old 6th September 2010, 15:11   #142
BHPian

I travelled to South Goa from Navi Mumbai last weekend, via Belgaum, NH4A,Molem ect.
Some sections near Anmod ghats have potholes, then again after ponda there are some bad roads with traffic. Not much.NH4 is great till Belgaum some pot holes near Satara.

Travel route
Navi Mumbai-NH4-Belgaum-NH4A-Molem-Ponda-NH17B-Colva Circle (NH17)-Benaulim, Salcete
Benaulim, Salcete-NH17-Ponda-Molem-NH4A-Belgaum-NH4-Navi Mumbai

Travel time both ways were roughly around 10 hours both ways.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:02   #143
CMS

Hio,

I am planning to drive down Goa from Mumbai on 10th September but not sure which route to take. I normally take Amboli route but heard that the road is damaged. I also used to take Belgaum-Molem route but I always found it distasterous during mansoon. I am planning to take Kolhapur - Gaganbawda route. Please suggest
Old 7th September 2010, 09:08   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS View Post
Hio,

I am planning to drive down Goa from Mumbai on 10th September but not sure which route to take. I normally take Amboli route but heard that the road is damaged. I also used to take Belgaum-Molem route but I always found it distasterous during mansoon. I am planning to take Kolhapur - Gaganbawda route. Please suggest
The best route at the moment is the Belgaum-Molem route. Some potholes around Anmod, but rest of route is in good condition.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:50   #145
BHPian

Anyone know the latest condition of the Amboli Ghat road?
Old 14th September 2010, 10:08   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500modder View Post
Anyone know the latest condition of the Amboli Ghat road?
Amboli ghat is open for driving. It will be bad in patches but overall the conditions should be ok.
In fact all ghats going down to Konkan from Kolhapur are now open
Old 16th September 2010, 12:39   #147
BHPian

Need updates on Road conditions

Going to Devgad (Maharashtra) from Mumbai on Saturday for Ganapati Festival.

Please confirm Road conditions on

1. NH17
2. NH4 till Kolhapur
3. Gaganbawda Route MSH 115
4. Phonda Ghat MSH 116

Regards
MP
Old 26th October 2010, 10:17   #148
BHPian

Goa Route Queries

Hi Team,

I am planning for a goa vacation during this Diwali.
Our train is scheduled to reach Margaon early morning. (5.40 a.m.). However, the hotel check-in is strictly @12. I had following queries:
1. How is the Margaon railway station in terms of facilities? Does it have a decent waiting room or does it have decent retiring rooms for hire? The idea is to spend 2-3 hours, take bath and get ready for some site seeing before heading for hotel. ( I will have my self drive vehicle delivered at station itself.)
2. If station is not good enough for my purpose, any budget hotel around station that can be utilized for the same? What would be the tarrif for hiring a room for 3-4 hours?
3. Any recommendation for a good hotel to take Veg Breakfast?
4. Since it will be Diwali when we will be arriving, we would want to start our day with 'Darshan' @ a temple. Any good temple nearby which can be visited?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Pranav
Old 27th October 2010, 07:18   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Hi Team,

I am planning for a goa vacation during this Diwali.
Our train is scheduled to reach Margaon early morning. (5.40 a.m.). However, the hotel check-in is strictly @12. I had following queries:
1. How is the Margaon railway station in terms of facilities? Does it have a decent waiting room or does it have decent retiring rooms for hire? The idea is to spend 2-3 hours, take bath and get ready for some site seeing before heading for hotel. ( I will have my self drive vehicle delivered at station itself.)
2. If station is not good enough for my purpose, any budget hotel around station that can be utilized for the same? What would be the tarrif for hiring a room for 3-4 hours?
3. Any recommendation for a good hotel to take Veg Breakfast?
4. Since it will be Diwali when we will be arriving, we would want to start our day with 'Darshan' @ a temple. Any good temple nearby which can be visited?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Pranav
Hi,

not many replies here regarding this "railway query".

Lemme try.

I dont know about margao, but i can surely say vasco has some really decent facilities, a friend stayed at vasco station a couple of days back and he got a decent AC room for 300rs. Imagine! that too when peak season is about to start!

According to Goa Railway Station | Goa Station Info | Goa Railway Station Enquiry- Makemytrip margoa too has good facilities.

South goa (where these stations are) have a couple of temples i guess, there's also a local tour in bus from there, he'll take you to all the temples/churches/beaches/forts you want. Also a bike rental just outside the station. "Goa is best seen on a bike" according to many BHPians.

Do share your experiences with all of us. It'll help the budget travellers immensely.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:36   #150
BHPian

Hi,
I came back from Margaon two days ago and I had been to Margaon to see the India-Australia match which did not go on. I had stayed at Hotel Joyti Plaza which is in market area. The said hotel is a good hotel having good facilities and decent sized rooms with good amenities. The tarriff is Rs. 1400/- plus taxes. Though the check in time there is 12 noon i negotiated with him and made him agree for 24 hour check out time. We had checked in at about 07 Am and checked out at about 09 Am next day. The hotel charged me for one day only. So you can try the same.
Happy holydaying.

Most Viewed