Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 17:20   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Remember you cant get to Dudhsagar in your own car. Unless you are driving a 4x4 or a capable machine.
Thank you!
I drive a Wagon R and can imagine the track it would be when you say 4x4. So is there any way to get the glimpse of the falls even from a distance if not very close to the falls, like a view point or a point where we can stop our car and walk a little bit to get to falls?

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st December 2010, 18:35   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory21 View Post
Thank you for your reply, any idea how long is the bad stretch in terms of kilometers and how much time the whole stretch may take from Belgaum to Goa?
It should take you around 3-4 hours to cover the stretch of 170kms from Belgaum to Panjim,through the ghats.
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:09   #168
alphamike

Quote:
Thank you!
I drive a Wagon R and can imagine the track it would be when you say 4x4. So is there any way to get the glimpse of the falls even from a distance if not very close to the falls, like a view point or a point where we can stop our car and walk a little bit to get to falls?

Thanks in advance!
Please take a look at the map for more details on the route

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=belgaum,+Karnataka&daddr =15.43339,74.44891+to:Panaji,+Goa&hl=en&geocode=FX jb8QAd3dlwBCkvNpVQn2a_OzFf-97cHrM0fg%3BFa5-6wAdDgBwBClpc_9_ihC_OzFy8ZaQ9cko3Q%3BFbJx7AAduXtmB CnZzGEzqcC_OzFhvuUkCxKY3Q&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz =10&via=1&sll=15.783003,74.181061&sspn=0.931656,1. 586151&ie=UTF8&ll=15.635601,74.161835&spn=0.482039 ,1.054687&z=11[/url]

Last edited by alphamike : 2nd December 2010 at 12:10. Reason: wrong link

Old 2nd December 2010, 13:39   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remember you cant get to Dudhsagar in your own car. Unless you are driving a 4x4 or a capable machine.
Hello Spitfire Haven't seen any reply recently from you, I was wondering where you had been to all these days.
Wiill a motorcyle be able to go that route?
Regards
Old 2nd December 2010, 16:30   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Hello Spitfire Haven't seen any reply recently from you, I was wondering where you had been to all these days.
Regards
This motorcycle did
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ly-beauty.html

db
Old 2nd December 2010, 21:25   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl.Burke View Post

Thank you for the info. I guess we will need 4 to 5 hours or half day to do this. Not sure we can spend that much time on Day1 as our stay in Goa is for two and half days.

Any recent update on Belgaum - Amboli - Sawanthwadi - Goa stretch?

Thanks
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:15   #172
BANNED

Quote:
I drive a Wagon R and can imagine the track it would be when you say 4x4.
The road in the Anmod Ghat never really touches or gets anywhere close to the Dudhsagar falls, The railway track though goes right next to it.

Your best bet would be to park your car at Mollem and ask for the Jeep Taxis that ply to DudhSagar to take you there. They will take you to a spot a little away from the base of the falls. Takes about 30 mins to reach. From there it is a 5-10 mins track till the actual falls but you see it from right below. You will see the railway overbridge way up from here. Its still beautiful from here and the vegetation is thick but its a great experience. You need to get in and get out before 1800 hours - Reserved Area.

The best view (option) though is to get to Dudhsagar Railway station and trek to the falls on the railway track. You will come to a railway bridge right next to the falls. This can be done even from Castle Rock Railway Station, but the trek could be longer. Again a 30 mins trek.

But I would suggest that if you are short on time and have small kids then to avoid the falls. Too hectic to get there (no proper route). Unless you have a 4x4, which in your case is a limitation.

Quite frankly getting to the falls is a big part of Dudhsagar falls. Its through thick forest though the sound of the hire jeeps spoils it.

Quote:
Regards
Got myself locked out of the forum and work too got a bit demanding.

Yes very much possible and loads of fun.

We did the Dudhsagar Falls on motorcyle, cycles and trek a lot of times. We have even camped in Castle Rock. The monsoons is the best to go there. No road, no grip, muck and rain. PERFECT!!
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:24   #173
BHPian

Driving to Goa

I am also driving to Goa next week for a 4 day trip. I would like to know some contact details of a decent beach resort to stay and explore the places around. Would also like to know the places I should not miss to see in Goa as I have zero knowledge about it.The latest comfortable road route tip from Bangalore also will be helpful.I am planning to start early morning of 9th and reach Goa by evening.
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:43   #174

[quote=Spitfire;2161864]The road in the Anmod Ghat never really touches or gets anywhere close to the Dudhsagar falls, The railway track though goes right next to it.

Your best bet would be to park your car at Mollem and ask for the Jeep Taxis that ply to DudhSagar to take you there. They will take you to a spot a little away from the base of the falls. Takes about 30 mins to reach. From there it is a 5-10 mins track till the actual falls but you see it from right below. You will see the railway overbridge way up from here. Its still beautiful from here and the vegetation is thick but its a great experience. You need to get in and get out before 1800 hours - Reserved Area.

The best view (option) though is to get to Dudhsagar Railway station and trek to the falls on the railway track. You will come to a railway bridge right next to the falls. This can be done even from Castle Rock Railway Station, but the trek could be longer. Again a 30 mins trek.

But I would suggest that if you are short on time and have small kids then to avoid the falls. Too hectic to get there (no proper route). Unless you have a 4x4, which in your case is a limitation.

Quite frankly getting to the falls is a big part of Dudhsagar falls. Its through thick forest though the sound of the hire jeeps spoils it.

Thanks much for the detail. Appreciate it
Old 3rd December 2010, 22:38   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got myself locked out of the forum and work too got a bit demanding.

Yes very much possible and loads of fun.
We did the Dudhsagar Falls on motorcyle, cycles and trek a lot of times. We have even camped in Castle Rock. The monsoons is the best to go there. No road, no grip, muck and rain. PERFECT!!
So what are you waiting for. Get the Sunbeam restored & ready I will get my BMW going and we can go there after the next monsoons???

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 3rd December 2010 at 22:39.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:54   #176
Senior - BHPian

Ranjit
How is this route to cross over from NH4 to Nh17 at nipani? can avoid Kolhapur city and still do phondaghat, Regards

Also mentioned in this travellogue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2145949-post5.html
Old 5th December 2010, 10:57   #177
BANNED

Quote:
So what are you waiting for. Get the Sunbeam restored & ready I will get my BMW going and we can go there after the next monsoons???
YES!! YES!! YES!!

During the monsoons would be preferrable. I am getting goosies thinking of pushing that 200 kg behemouth through slush and muck. It was much easier on a RX100.

OT: Restoration is getting a bit tough though. Some parts dont exist.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:13   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting goosies thinking of pushing that 200 kg behemouth through slush and muck. OT: Restoration is getting a bit tough though. Some parts dont exist.
Sounds like a plan. Need to drive down to Goa next month cos missing the sweets that I tasted 6 months ago. So I'm looking into a new route to get across from NH4 to Nh17. Maybe ranjit will let me know about the SH from Nipani to Phondaghat.
For parts you can check WELCOME to Stewart Engineering
Old 6th December 2010, 19:49   #179
BHPian

Goa - Hyderabad Route Query

Am planing to drive from Goa to Hyderabad later this week in a Honda Jazz. I read that NH9 is being converted into four lanes, and is currently in a bad condition. Also heard that roads via Karnataka are generally bad & single lane. Also not sure of the impact of the recent rains.

Our preference is to take a double lane or better in good condition. Can someone suggest the best route to take?

We are still debating whether to do this in one shot or have a night halt somewhere.

Thanks a ton.

ps. Looked at the Goa thread, but the info was dated & wasn't sure how the road conditions had changed.

Note from Support: Thread merged with exsiting.
Old 6th December 2010, 23:58   #180
BHPian

Further to my previous post, three routes suggested by Google Maps are given below. Would appreciate feedback on these or please suggest better routes. I will start from either Mapusa or Madgaon.

Via Kolhapur & Solapur

via Bijapur, Gulbarga & Zaheerabad

via Dharwar, Hubli, Raichur, Jadcherla

The last map has two sub-options via Bijapur, Gulbarga, Zaheerabad & via Bijapur, Solapur, Zaheerabad.

Thanks a ton.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks