Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2012, 00:21   #331
BHPian

Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

@ nkrishnap thanks for the suggestions. you seem to have a good rapport with Karthik. I mentioned your name and his photo appearing in your blog he immediately recalled you! that's nice to know. Since you have recently bought it...please help me with a PDI check list for linea specifically if any...will follow it and give an update.

@ Rufus thanks! I hope to keep it clean. It certainly looks gorgeous! Hope my ownership will begin real soon

Cheers!
Old 24th November 2012, 00:30   #332
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Diesel car for ~10 Lakh? Vento vs Verna vs Rapid vs Fiesta vs Linea vs Othe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys,I booked a Vento TDI HL today.Colour is Shadow Blue.Delivery expected by early Jan 2013.Thanks for all your help.

Cheers
Congratulations !!

Could you make a post here with the deals you got and the final OTR price. ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-187.html
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 11:07   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Krish View Post
@ nkrishnap thanks for the suggestions. you seem to have a good rapport with Karthik. I mentioned your name and his photo appearing in your blog he immediately recalled you! that's nice to know. Since you have recently bought it...please help me with a PDI check list for linea specifically if any...will follow it and give an update.

@ Rufus thanks! I hope to keep it clean. It certainly looks gorgeous! Hope my ownership will begin real soon

Cheers!
Please drop me a PM with your email address. I will forward the PDI checklist.

And yes, Karthik is a good friend of mine

Also will PM you on a few tips to keep the Tuscan wine spanking new.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:17   #334
BHPian

hi nkrishnap...how do i send you a PM? i don't know how to do it...please guide me...
Old 24th November 2012, 11:40   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi nkrishnap...how do i send you a PM? i don't know how to do it...please guide me...
Ah you are a newbie, thats the reason you dont have access to send a PM. Try accessing my profile and see if you can email me.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:48   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ nkrishnap, @ Sommos, @ Rufus...I decided to go with the Linea Emotion. here's what transpired...

It seems that the cars manufactured after May-June are NOT loaded with the 5th Alloy (across variants including Emotion). I quickly asked the dealer if he has a car in the order of color preference given below manufactured before June...

1. White
2. Tuscan White
3. Minimal Grey
4. Oceanic Blue...

He came back to me and said he has the Tuscan Wine and Oceanic Blue.

I decided to go with the Tuscan Wine (With the 5th Alloy) instead of waiting for the white which would be obviously manufactured after May and come sans the 5th Alloy!

So...Tuscan Wine, Linea Emotion it is then!

Thanks Guys for your inputs and giving me confidence that this is indeed a good decision.

So...hopefully...everything going well, I should bring the new Linea home next week

cheers!
Congrats @Ravi for your new Linea in tuscan wine colour.
You'll really love to drive the car.
Hope to see your ownership thread soon with lots of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
No news if the third headrest and the spare wheel as alloys is stopped.
@Krishna : The fact was mentioned in this thread on post #56 dated 13/07/2012 by ModifiedSachin. This was one reason why I specifically opted for an May'12 manufactured car in July and Modifiedsachin had an Mar'12 Linea. But the third headrest continues in the Emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys,I booked a Vento TDI HL today.Colour is Shadow Blue.Delivery expected by early Jan 2013.Thanks for all your help.

Cheers
Congrats Kini for the Vento.
Hope to see your ownership thread soon with pics of the car.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 18:10   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Ah you are a newbie, thats the reason you dont have access to send a PM. Try accessing my profile and see if you can email me.
I tried that too...couldn't find your email id.

Here's a new twist!!! I went to the Prerana Motor's yard today...in fact just came back. I found three cars that are manufactured before June...

one of them is a 'Minimal Grey' Color! ...Immediately called Karthik and asked him to book it for me...

so...it started with Minimal Grey, and looked like White which changed to Oceanic Blue for a while before Tuscan Wine was finalized...until I saw the minimal grey beauty in the yard!

so...I think it will finally settle with the Minimal Grey after all!!!

This is turning out to be like a Bollywood pot boiler...twists and turns

Cheers!
Old 25th November 2012, 09:45   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here's a new twist!!! I went to the Prerana Motor's yard today...in fact just came back. I found three cars that are manufactured before June...

one of them is a 'Minimal Grey' Color! ...Immediately called Karthik and asked him to book it for me...

so...it started with Minimal Grey, and looked like White which changed to Oceanic Blue for a while before Tuscan Wine was finalized...until I saw the minimal grey beauty in the yard!

Cheers!
Congrats on getting the color you initially wanted. The minimal grey or in other words silver should be quite easy to maintain unlike the dark colors. Even then, Linea qualifies to be pampered

Do let me know if you need any help on the purchase further.
Old 25th November 2012, 10:06   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on getting the color you initially wanted. The minimal grey or in other words silver should be quite easy to maintain unlike the dark colors. Even then, Linea qualifies to be pampered

Do let me know if you need any help on the purchase further.
Thanks Krishna. Pamper it...I will!

first things on the list...

1. Paint Protection Treatment at 3M Car Care
2. Under Chasis Treatment
3. Reverse Parking Sensor with Camera if possible - Gurus...need your help in choosing the right one...and of course at the right price
4. Foot Mats from 3M again...i dont know what they are called, but my boss has them (he has the 'golden beige' or 'sunbeam beige' color - bought it a couple of months back)

My email id is krishrsama@gmail.com could you people please send me the PDI check list?

Cheers!
Old 26th November 2012, 17:39   #340
BHPian

Mod team note: Dotty post. Please use proper punctuations instead of ......

Quote:

Cheers!
Now a Bad Twist!!!

It is the end of the 'Linea' dream for me!!

Having come back from the Prerana Motors Yard after selecting the minimal grey and rejoicing, I developed a severe back ache. I have been a victim of Prolapsed Disc problem and it crops up every now and then, and it did again.

I had a long chat with my boss who drives the linea, he too confirmed he had this issue for the first couple of months and he is now 'adjusted' to the steering wheel! He doesn't have prolapsed disc...i do!

Linea is a Fantastic Car! I am not built for it!

The steering has Tilt feature. But the problem is even when i tilt it to its lowest, it sits at a position that is somewhat equal to the 'high' position of my i20 (if you can visualize it). I have been driving with the steering tilted to the lowest position like this for the last 6 years that allows me to rest my back upright right along the back rest, all the way from the bottom to the neck, now in linea though i tried many postures i was not able to get this and the result was that my fore arms were not rested and the arms had to bear the weight transferring the strain to the shoulder and eventually the back, it is almost the same pain i get when i ride my old RX 135.

So... I am back to square one now:

Gurus, which other car can help me solve this problem?

I dont want to go back to the i20! I don't like the Ford Fiesta, Tata Manza, well let's leave it at that...

I think i will have a long TD of the Rapid, if it is OK, i might as well lose some of the features, but at least i will not hurt my back!

your thoughts?

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th November 2012 at 17:56.
Old 26th November 2012, 18:29   #341
BHPian

Quote:

Now a Bad Twist!!!

Its saddening to hear that you cannot get the linea due to your back problem. Test drive the vento too,there might be some good discounts going on. Also test drive the new fiesta. BHPian KINI got a fantastic deal of 10.5 lakhs otr for the top end fiesta but that was in Chennai, see if you can get a similar discount,its a worth a try.

if you still feel that these sedans dont offer good seating comfort then i guess you will have to consider hatchbacks and Suvs also. I think the biggest priority should be a comfortable seating posture so try everything and open your search to pre-worshiped cars as well, you will get plenty in your 10 lakhs budget.
Happy hunting and take care.

Rambo
Old 26th November 2012, 19:13   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Krish
Mod team note: Dotty post. Please use proper punctuations instead of ......

Now a Bad Twist!!!

Having come back from the Prerana Motors Yard after selecting the minimal grey and rejoicing, I developed a severe back ache. I have been a victim of Prolapsed Disc problem and it crops up every now and then, and it did again.

I had a long chat with my boss who drives the linea, he too confirmed he had this issue for the first couple of months and he is now 'adjusted' to the steering wheel! He doesn't have prolapsed disc...i do!
Sorry to hear that.

I agree with you competely when you say about the steering position of the Linea. It's lowest setting is quite high when compared to other cars.

You could check out the new Ford Fiesta. Quite a few discounts going on presently. It handles very well. Comes closest to Linea in terms of driving dynamics. Vento/Rapid are the other options.

If you could stretch your budget, the Duster might fit in.

Happy car shopping, all over again ;-)
Old 26th November 2012, 19:13   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Its saddening to hear that you cannot get the linea due to your back problem. Test drive the vento too,there might be some good discounts going on. Also test drive the new fiesta. BHPian KINI got a fantastic deal of 10.5 lakhs otr for the top end fiesta but that was in Chennai, see if you can get a similar discount,its a worth a try.

if you still feel that these sedans dont offer good seating comfort then i guess you will have to consider hatchbacks and Suvs also. I think the biggest priority should be a comfortable seating posture so try everything and open your search to pre-worshiped cars as well, you will get plenty in your 10 lakhs budget.
Happy hunting and take care.

Rambo
Thanks Rambo! You actually defined it for me!!!

now my renewed search will be for a car that suits my driving posture...to make it simpler...it should be a car that has the same driving position like the i20 has...but should have all the other features like solid build, diesel, sedan with decent mileage...hmm...i wonder if there is such a car!

As for SUVs...i found out that i am NOT a SUV Man having test driven the Innova, Scorpio, Quanto, Bolero and even the Safari. I hate body roll and am very nervous on the highways with small amount of body roll. I actually never cross 80-90 KMPH in my i20! I am more a sedan man. I don't want to go back to Hatch Backs after owing two of them for the last 6 years...if it ends up that way...then i guess fully loaded i20 Asta it is going to be...but i hope i will find a good Sedan.

cheers!
Old 26th November 2012, 19:32   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M View Post
Sorry to hear that.

I agree with you competely when you say about the steering position of the Linea. It's lowest setting is quite high when compared to other cars.

You could check out the new Ford Fiesta. Quite a few discounts going on presently. It handles very well. Comes closest to Linea in terms of driving dynamics. Vento/Rapid are the other options.

If you could stretch your budget, the Duster might fit in.

Happy car shopping, all over again ;-)

I did check the Fiesta. Didn't drive it though. I will not buy it as the rear seat is very cramped. I think a third passenger will be a very tight squeeze. Though the Linea was not exactly 'great' in this section, it still had space enough to 'fit' in a third passenger. Fiesta i am afraid is ruled out.

It is all coming back to either the Rapid or a hatch back (read i20 Asta).

Let's hope the Rapid makes me smile!

Cheers!!
Old 26th November 2012, 19:39   #345
BHPian

Quote:

Now a Bad Twist!!!

Now that's pretty unfortunate!!Feel sorry for you bro!!As rambo101 suggested,check out the Vento.You could alternatively look at the Safari/Scorpio too.SUVs are a different kind of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Its saddening to hear that you cannot get

Rambo
It was 10.9L!!

Cheers

EDIT:Check out the Duster too!!The 85PS version with all safety features will be pushing 12L in Bangalore I guess,but give it some serious consideration.

Last edited by KINI : 26th November 2012 at 19:59. Reason: Afterthought
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks