Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2018, 20:02   #4816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I thought so too, but in the original post on FB, the OP said it's a Caravan Hound.
Mudhol and Caravan are one and the same. Quoting from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Mudhol Hound, also known as Caravan Hound is an Indian breed of dog of the sight hound type... The KCI registers it as a Caravan Hound while the INKC uses the name Mudhol Hound
Old 15th October 2018, 11:53   #4817
Senior - BHPian

Not my Pet (I don't think he's pet of any one at the moment) but he look so healty and trim couldnt help posting it here

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0202a.jpg

I believe this is how a Yellow Lab should look like (unfortunately most fellows whom I encounter are all "fat blobs" - I know its no fault of theirs)

From the secutity squadron in front of the Whitehouse !

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 15th October 2018, 13:21   #4818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Not my Pet (I don't think he's pet of any one at the moment) but he look so healty and trim couldnt help posting it here

Attachment 1808056

I believe this is how a Yellow Lab should look like (unfortunately most fellows whom I encounter are all "fat blobs" - I know its no fault of theirs)
Lovely guy. I have kept my Lab in near fit condition and I get to hear from many that the poor guy is not well fed.
Old 15th October 2018, 19:53   #4819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Lovely guy. I have kept my Lab in near fit condition and I get to hear from many that the poor guy is not well fed.

Just ignore 🙂,
You know his weight and health.
Old 15th October 2018, 22:20   #4820
BHPian

My boy turned 10 this month. Still having loads of fun.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-101.jpg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-10.jpg

Quote:
Ha! That just shows the picture people have of labs. Great job keeping your guy fit! Our vet told us that as long as you can feel the ribs on the side, its not overweight.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 15th October 2018 at 22:31.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 22:43   #4821
BHPian

Here are my boys. Girl is out dating someone.
To the left is Chiku (Indie) and to the right is Tobo. Anyone thinks Tobo needs to put on weight?

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20181015wa0006.jpg

Last edited by akshay380 : 15th October 2018 at 22:44.
Old 16th October 2018, 11:05   #4822
BHPian

Quote:
Here are my boys. Girl is out dating someone.
To the left is Chiku (Indie) and to the right is Tobo. Anyone thinks Tobo needs to put on weight?

Attachment 1808380
Tobo looks perfectly healthy. 90% of the labs I have come across are overweight and the reason people associate a healthy lab being underweight.
Old 16th October 2018, 17:59   #4823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Tobo looks perfectly healthy. 90% of the labs I have come across are overweight and the reason people associate a healthy lab being underweight.
Problem with Labs is they don't know when to stop eating. Owner keep thinking that his pet is hungry and keep feeding them. Coupled with lack of exercise it create fat blobs you see now days.

As hunting/working dog labs require lot of exercise and stuff to keep them busy. Labs do start overeating due to boredom too.

-Ijeet
Old 16th October 2018, 19:53   #4824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Problem with Labs is they don't know when to stop eating. ...
And they and retrievers are the absolute best beggars in the world! Nobody can do, "I haven't eaten for a week: just one little morsel to save my life, please?" like Labradors and Retrievers

Old 17th October 2018, 12:27   #4825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And they and retrievers are the absolute best beggars in the world! Nobody can do, "I haven't eaten for a week: just one little morsel to save my life, please?" like Labradors and Retrievers

Since you mentioned beggars, I have a Beagle at home and the kind of faces she makes when someone is eating something is just a sight to watch.

I have even heard people say "looks like you don't properly feed her, poor thing is hungry".
Old 17th October 2018, 12:53   #4826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Labs have a huge appetite, they will simply lap up what ever quantity of food they are offered. My Lab puts up such a sad face that at times he manages to get a second meal from unwary family members. The best part is that the second meal disappears as fast as the first one.

Last edited by Aroy : 17th October 2018 at 12:54.
Old 18th October 2018, 11:46   #4827
BHPian

Talking of lab and exercise, which dog would not want to go for long walks everyday when you give them access to the right environment 🙂.

Old 26th October 2018, 14:46   #4828
BHPian

To Bengaluru Team-BHPians

Hi Blore Tbhpians,
When i check with breeders back in Kerala and with my friends in TN, they always say that good breeds of dogs are available in Bangalore only.
And heard most of the people purchases or imports puppies from Blore.
Any idea why it is so?

Im still in a shock of loosing my 10 year old labrador 2 years ago :(

My main hobby when in Blore is to go for an early morning walk in Cubbon park area and enjoy seeing all sorts of dogs having a good time with their owners. mann, i just love dogs!!
Any good breeders anyone can share so that i can go and see some amazing pups.

cheers,
joe
Old 26th October 2018, 15:11   #4829
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: To Bengaluru Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
Any good breeders anyone can share so that i can go and see some amazing pups.

cheers,
joe
Honestly, breeders are always a hit and miss. Most of them are profit oriented, and do not check dog breed compatibility, and therefore often puppies may have genetic issues being passed on and mothers in poor conditions.

If you want a smart pup / dog / companion - I'd say look at adopting a pet from the various veterinary hospitals / animal rights agencies instead. PAWS, YODA, etc. are a good starting point and you can check their pages out on Facebook.

Our past three German Shepherds have all been adopted. Yes - they too may not be in 100% fit shape, like Zorro who has hip dysplacia, but at least you're not supporting an unethical practice and giving a deserving one a loving home.

In fact, you should look for a local breed, who is well suited to the climate conditions you would experience + they are very street smart and loyal companions!
Old 26th October 2018, 15:21   #4830
BHPian

Re: To Bengaluru Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If you want a smart pup / dog / companion - I'd say look at adopting a pet from the various veterinary hospitals / animal rights agencies instead. PAWS, YODA, etc. are a good starting point and you can check their pages out on Facebook.

Our past three German Shepherds have all been adopted. Yes - they too may not be in 100% fit shape, like Zorro who has hip dysplacia, but at least you're not supporting an unethical practice and giving a deserving one a loving home.
Great info, thanks. My cousin last year bought a lab pup from store and it had hip dysplasia. So now scared of getting pups from stores. Yes, most of the breeders are spoiling it. Anyway will check for the adoption pages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks