Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2020, 16:15   #5356
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Hi Rajeev,

Try sourcing Ichmune from either of these places

Dogspot:
Quote:
Hi, Lockdown 3.0 delivery! Dog food, treats and medicines. Order online bit.ly/3cdaHcF or talk to Ritwik at +919818011567.
Or

Marshall's Pet Zone:
Savavet ICHMUNE C Soft Gel Capsules 100mg

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 14th May 2020 at 16:18.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:14   #5357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
The medicine cover has a pictorial description of where it needs to be applied...it was mentioned to apply in two spots. Iam little worried about the second spot as the possibility of the dog reaching the spot is there. Do you suggest only one spot for application?

Gloves I have are not comfortable to remove the ticks. Thanks will try the nitrile gloves.
One or two spots, where the skull ends, and midway down the neck. A dog cannot lick itself there.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 17:35   #5358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any feedback on how is MeO cat food? I find them decently priced and the cats like them.
It's cheap. It is what my cats get. None of my cats were invited, but nor did they go away when they found out what I feed them!

About fleas/ticks, although I only really know about the feline point of view...

The one-drop treatment is excellent. It works for multiple weeks, even for multiple months once you have the infestation under control. Please note that these creatures live off rather than on, the animals, and although they kill quickly when they contact, you will find a few live ones for as many days as it takes to kill those in the environment. For a bad infestation, the environment should be sprayed with the appropriate substance.

Always to be repeated when one-drop insect treatments come up: The formula for dogs can be lethal to cats. Buy and use the right one on the right animal.
Old 14th May 2020, 20:49   #5359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
One or two spots, where the skull ends, and midway down the neck. A dog cannot lick itself there.
Just buy a bravecto pill (500 mg for under 20 kg dogs, 1000 mg for 20-40 kg) and give it once in three months. Costs around 1800 but well worth it.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 09:50   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just buy a bravecto pill (500 mg for under 20 kg dogs, 1000 mg for 20-40 kg) and give it once in three months. Costs around 1800 but well worth it.
True - but a combo of ventobol / wormtrap / wormstop / drontal (appx price 30-40-50 for a tab) and a pipette of tickfree / fiprofort / fiprotick (appx price 400) works out much cheaper. Especially if you are in my situation the amount adds up to a lot (half a dozen dogs, and then some more). I deworm twice a year, and flea treatment is done thrice.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 12:05   #5361
BHPian

Random musing: Yesterday took my cat and dog for their usual vaccinations and this sticker from back in 2017 grabbed my attention

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20200515_115648.jpg

I know, i know that's why 'coronavirus' is wrong to use in current pandemic as it is just their family name (surname) with covid19 the first name
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 16:56   #5362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
True - but a combo of ventobol / wormtrap / wormstop / drontal (appx price 30-40-50 for a tab) and a pipette of tickfree / fiprofort / fiprotick (appx price 400) works out much cheaper. Especially if you are in my situation the amount adds up to a lot (half a dozen dogs, and then some more). I deworm twice a year, and flea treatment is done thrice.
If the dog is open to friendly handling, then I suspect that the one-drop is a lot easier too. And maybe safer... no fingers in there with the teeth! Adding a by-the-way, my medically-unqualified opinion is that anybody who gets that close to street dogs should have pre-exposure rabies inoculation.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th May 2020 at 16:58.
Old 16th May 2020, 06:52   #5363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If the dog is open to friendly handling, then I suspect that the one-drop is a lot easier too. And maybe safer... no fingers in there with the teeth! Adding a by-the-way, my medically-unqualified opinion is that anybody who gets that close to street dogs should have pre-exposure rabies inoculation.
Bravecto doesn't need fingers in the dog's mouth to give it the pill. They're clever enough to have made it out of liver, so that most dogs will eat it up and look around for a second pill.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 07:40   #5364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any feedback on how is MeO cat food? I find them decently priced and the cats like them.
My cats are eating it without any fuss and is vfm. A friend in Bangalore who is using it for past one year for his persian is quite happy with it. However from my experience with persian, it is not as good as royal canin in terms of maintaining coat/ fur quality.
Old 16th May 2020, 10:21   #5365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

Also its terrifying to read they are life threatening. Very sad. BTW, are they dangerous in any way to human beings?
Generally in Madras where there is no possibility of contact with wild dogs, there is less chance of serious diseases like Lyme disease, Mountain spotted fever etc. Sometimes the ticks can be carriers of some virus.
There are two types of ticks here. One is the black spider type of tick and the other is the cocoon type which is larger. Both proliferate within a short time. In summers - Madras has almost 6 months of extended summer, they reproduce at alarming rates. The black tick will attack any animal including humans while the cocoon type is restricted to only dogs.
When the black tick bites you, it causes red rashes in the skin with itching. Lactocalamine works well in this case.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 11:43   #5366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
My cats are eating it without any fuss and is vfm. A friend in Bangalore who is using it for past one year for his persian is quite happy with it. However from my experience with persian, it is not as good as royal canin in terms of maintaining coat/ fur quality.
I feed very little dry food ( they get a small snack once a day). But my cats take to both whiskas and meO without any particular preference.
Royal canin, despite the high price is not that good, with a lower protein content. Maybe their breed specific food is good, but only the persian one is easily available, the ones for more exotic breeds like bengals are hard to procure.
Old 16th May 2020, 12:06   #5367
BHPian

My persians prefer MeO more than Whiskas dry food. I keep a bowl filled with it and they eat when they want. Unlike my dog they only eat how much they need to. Also compliment with a daily pouch of Whiskas wet food in evening. Both doing fine, one weighs 4.5kgs and the other 5kgs.
Old 16th May 2020, 13:19   #5368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
My persians prefer MeO more than Whiskas dry food. I keep a bowl filled with it and they eat when they want. Unlike my dog they only eat how much they need to. Also compliment with a daily pouch of Whiskas wet food in evening. Both doing fine, one weighs 4.5kgs and the other 5kgs.
Leaving food out all day can make your cats obese. I used to do that with a tabby many years ago and he got very bulky. Now all my cats get their main heavy meal at night and a snack in the morning.
In long haired breeds obesity can be difficult to spot, but it can shorten the lifespan. So do watch out for that.
pyrodrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 14:38   #5369
BHPian

Yeah am aware of that. Keep watch of it and only do it because the lighter one is too picky and eats minute amounts and is all fur.
Old 16th May 2020, 17:58   #5370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
Leaving food out all day can make your cats obese. .
It depends on the cat(s). I have had cats that I could put a whole day if food for, sometimes even a couple of days if I was away overnight, and they would pace themselves and eat only what they needed when they needed. I have also had (have) cats who could not stop eating while supply was available. It takes just one greedy lump to spoil the system.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks