Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 09:32   #2386
BHPian

A good article on how you can use eggs for clean bulking and meeting your protein requirements
Bodybuilding.com - EGGS-actly What You Need To Build Muscle! - Scott Diedrichs
Old 21st January 2010, 11:03   #2387
BHPian

@Sniper - Ok point taken !!! What would you suggest for someone like me, vegetarian male, no eggs. Losing weight and putting on muscle at the same time. I am about to start a Keto diet for this, what else do you suggest and how should the 2 herbs you suggested be taken?
Old 21st January 2010, 11:51   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@Alpha1: The relevance to body type is that you can always prevent ailments that people suffer from regularly if you eat and take care of your body as per the body type.

Too much of sweets will result in sluggishness and weight gain also your temperament will be changed with seasons. I mean you do not like humid seasons while you might most favor winters.

I too am the same body type Kapha-Pitta. Again you can boost your immunity with little things like waking early in morning, eating on time and drinking enough water. Use two or three tulasi leaves in early morning 10 mins prior to breakfast and you will never catch cold and cough. Drink Turmeric milk at night and you will see that you will be more active, no joint pains and complexion will get fairer.

Tested example on my own. My wife (worst of pill poppers I have seen) was detected with Swine-flu after a trip to US while I was not, even though we went exactly at the same places and ate the same food.

My work involves organic and I can only promote that, rest Ayurveda is a general science if used properly with proper ingredients baffle many a westerners to make them actual promoters of the science. I have a doctor friend in Holland, he is 60 years and still he can lift weights that I can only dream of. His resting heart rate is 55 and mine does not go below 65 and I am only 31. I owe him a great deal as he is the one who brought me back to India and get back to basics.

Fact for the day: Did you know Triphala is not just a laxative but also helps reduce blood pressure by keeping the nerves, arteries and veins soft. I wonder not many family doctors know this. Simple as hell but we rather pop pills rather than drink triphala water/digest the powder.
2. If that works, I would be grateful to you throughout my life.
3. There is a good possibility, that he being a European, was extensively invovled in active physical sports right from his childhood to atleast the end of puberty. Which can explain his ultra-low resting heart rate, and general fitness.
55 is fantastic!

What about ayurvedic Testosterone and HGH boosters?
Old 21st January 2010, 11:57   #2389
BHPian

BTW anyone has suggestions for a vegetarian Keto diet? I am having bloody hard time fixing up a diet for myself.

P.S. even if it is the hardest diet I will follow it to the T, I just want to lose fat and gain muscle, thats all.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:06   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
BTW anyone has suggestions for a vegetarian Keto diet? I am having bloody hard time fixing up a diet for myself.

P.S. even if it is the hardest diet I will follow it to the T, I just want to lose fat and gain muscle, thats all.
Dude, you need not think too much. Just eat whatever you are eating everyday but only HALF. I mean to say, if you are eating 5 chapatis per meal, start eating just 2/3 chapatis. If you are eating 2 bowls of rice, then start with 1 bowl. If you are eating 4 jamoons then start with 2 jamoons. Follow this and see the difference in one month. OOH forgot one more thing. The first month just try to jog/ walk some time. You will reduce min of 2-4kgs. This I have also tried and proved. I did this because I was a bodybuilder in the year 2002-2005 and went to stage competitions. After marriage it was down to just maintenance of the body and I had my weight go up by 10kgs and followed this routine and came back to shape.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:53   #2391
Senior - BHPian

@Alpha1: I am happy that you are inclined to become fit. As I mentioned it only take few small trivial steps that we do not think about during our hectic lifestyle that can make or break us. Do read the initial few pages and try to get the herbs. Try and follow a regime in life whatever suits you, but maintain, workout atleast 3 days a week, nothing major but bring your heartrate to a level wherein your body actually works out without destroying itself or dogging it.

@spawnofsatan: Do PM me with your bio stats I would not like to jump the gun and suggest something wrong.

@shishir_bn: Bro, eating in half is not the solution to lose weight. Every body requires a different solution. A person who is very fat does not always have to cut on diet, he has to eat a balanced diet. I have tried everything on my body and thus I caution people to not repeat the same mistakes.

Cheers!
Old 25th January 2010, 16:28   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Ok after reading and hearing a lot about push pull (eg TMUSCLE.com | Push-Pull Workout ) - i decided to try out a variation for a month.
However instead of doing it all in 2 days, I decided to do
day 1 - pull upper body
day 2 - push upper body
day 3 - thighs and lower back

Now mostly I am good on principles of bodybuilding, resting muscles, functioning of muscles, form, etc. But with this push-pull stuff I am confused about how to classify a push exercise vs a pull exercise, especially because the same exercise can be done in push form or pull form!!

I think its based on where the weight is, relative to the movement - under you or over you, is that correct?
If yes then I can move the weights above or below and make a pull exercise a push.
Some exercises are clear pulls like shrugs, rows and some are clear push like presses.
But try flys with dumbbells and pulley machine - isnt one pushing the dumbbell where-as other pulling the pulley weight

ANy help with examples would be nice
Its actually the muscles that are categorized as push and pull.
Push muscles are those that are activated while doing a compund movt which pushes your hands or foot away.
Pull muscles are those that are used in pulling your hands or foot towards your body, while doing compound movt.

Now if we take major muscle groups, the push ones are:
Chest - push in bench press movt
Quads - push in squat/leg press
Shoulders - push while doing press
Triceps - used in all above push movts
Calves - push your foot while doing heel raise, calf raise

Pull:
Lats - pull in pullups/pull downs/rows
Hams - pull in leg curl
Biceps - pull in curl
Old 25th January 2010, 16:44   #2393
BHPian

^^ alpha1 - thanks for clearing that up :-)
Old 25th January 2010, 16:52   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Oops, I couldn't complete my post though.

Now this push pull thingie is not to be take so seriously.
You may separate your shoulder area - into anterior which is definlyt push, but the laterals are pull - consider the upright row movt.
Or take the case of traps - they are pull.

So its upto you to do these on push day or pull.
Same is with calves - you are already doing so many exercises on the "push" day, you can shift them to "pull" day.

The main rationale behind push and pull is actually using your biceps and triceps - if you see frankly.
Its just to exercise all triceps intensive movts on single day, and bicep intensive on another day, so that you get more chance to recuperate.

Some workouts I see wich are Chest + biceps, Back + triceps, Shoulders + etc
NOw if you see, triceps are being used continuously on three days, and same with biceps. Doesn't make much sense? Does it?

Well actually it may - because, there are ways in whcich you can do chest and shoulders exrercises, that will minimize the use of triceps - but then anyhow - the whole bodybuilding is a hazy field.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:52   #2395
BHPian

^^ agreed dude - my main aim is to keep things interesting for my mind and and my body - basically keep shocking my body, so I keep changing my workout every week. Its a different combination of exercises and body parts, each time I hit the gym and a chest day today will be different from what i did last week.
1-2 days after almost every workout i get DOMS and I mostly have contrast showers :-)
Old 4th February 2010, 21:09   #2396
BHPian

Syntrax Nectar 10 lbs at 7500/-

Deal or No Deal?

ED: DefCol.

Last edited by godog : 4th February 2010 at 21:11.
Old 4th February 2010, 21:30   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Syntrax Nectar 10 lbs at 7500/-

Deal or No Deal?

ED: DefCol.
sureshot deal.
However syntrax doesnt sells a 5lb tub so a 10lb is highly dubious!
i guess you are talking about the nutrition world right?
Old 4th February 2010, 23:44   #2398
BHPian

Nutrition World is scumbag. Syntrax (SI03) NEVER sells Nectar in 5 lbs of 10 lbs. The owner of NUTIRTION WORLD (Pawan Gupta) is renowed for packaging cheap @SS Indian Soy protein powders and re-labeling them as imported ones. No matter all of his customers are gullible ones. 99% of his stocked products come in Chocolate flavor only which is pretty easy to replicate.
Old 5th February 2010, 03:06   #2399
BHPian

have consumed 3lb of GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 over the last 1 month or so.The performance has just been fine,not bad basically.

Its not as effective as i expectd it to be!
consumption: half an hr post workout(3 scoops=79g)

has anyone else tried it?
Old 5th February 2010, 03:29   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Nutrition World is scumbag. Syntrax (SI03) NEVER sells Nectar in 5 lbs of 10 lbs. The owner of NUTIRTION WORLD (Pawan Gupta) is renowed for packaging cheap @SS Indian Soy protein powders and re-labeling them as imported ones. No matter all of his customers are gullible ones. 99% of his stocked products come in Chocolate flavor only which is pretty easy to replicate.
that confirms my suspicion.
thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs View Post
have consumed 3lb of GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 over the last 1 month or so.The performance has just been fine,not bad basically.

Its not as effective as i expectd it to be!
consumption: half an hr post workout(3 scoops=79g)

has anyone else tried it?
GNC products are not that effective. This is what i had heard and read from most people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks