Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 01:12   #2311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Bro, First thing you need to do before hitting back the gym is PLAN YOUR DIET. Start your workouts and start eating real food and then think about supplements. The only supplement that comes to my mind for you is WHEY rest is all how you plan your diet.
right now my diet is south indian curries, pallayas, sambar and chappatis. As for non veg i just have the north indian stuff, chinese, or KFC/Mcd. For veg too some days i'll have a roti then a paneer butter masala or something like that. Yeah i know its prolly not the best diet but being a student its the best i can do..
Old 15th December 2009, 14:34   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
right now my diet is south indian curries, pallayas, sambar and chappatis. As for non veg i just have the north indian stuff, chinese, or KFC/Mcd. For veg too some days i'll have a roti then a paneer butter masala or something like that. Yeah i know its prolly not the best diet but being a student its the best i can do..
if you a really serious about fitness and diet then there is a lot you can do but if you want to enjoy your student life and maintain a descent body then thats a different thing. Any which ways you can make sure atleast you are eating a healthy breakfast and dinner since these meals you will be having at home i guess. At this movement do not spend on supps, Go for real food.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:57   #2313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dear Godog,

Have read those articles & some others as well. The gist is that it has not been tested on human. Can a one month cycle once put you to a lot of issues???

Dear Hiren,

I checked the pack it is manufactured by LAPharma S.R.L. contains Clenbutrol hydrochloride 20 mcg (200 tabs) but i will get 100 tabs for 1000
Do you want to take a chance with your body?
And thanks for the clen details.

cheers
Old 15th December 2009, 15:13   #2314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
I think you're using it in milk? Mixed in water, Real Mass wouldn't bloat you up.
Also, a few pages ago we had a (re)eureka post that highlighted the need to measure your needs according to what your body asks, not what the label demands.
To that effect:
  • Limit scoops to 2 a day initially, build it up over time.
    • Real Mass is alot of calories, so go bust 'em muskles as many days you can, for as long as you can; overtraining and burnout are under-eating and malnourishment, only phrased differently. You WILL gain mass, the right mass.

Creatine can be loaded- and this is the best way in my experience- in a banana shake. Avoid toxifying your system by ingesting more than 3g/4hr.
i.e. If you want to load 10g a day, split it into 3 shakes spread throughout the day.

* Non-vegetarians should avoid red-meat during creatine cycling *

8-9 Litres of water will be very helpful, especially to people looking to lose fat, irrespective of Creatine supplementation. However, one can easily go overboard (and its not much fun in winter :P)
I take it in water, milk leaves me feeling heavy and nauseous. The past week I have been taking Real Mass (one scoop) at around 11am then a next one at around 6pm.
One scoop creatine with water (750ml as per instructions on jar) during my workout at around 7.30-8pm
I see an increase of 1-2 kilos already.

8-9 liters of water is just insane ! I have about 2 liters now, will try and push it to 3.

I have been able to lift heavier weights, maybe this is psycholoical.

I know creatine is a part of red meat but why is it not advisable to have red meat during a creatine cycle ? I have was looking forward to have a nice steak this evening
Old 16th December 2009, 09:36   #2315

Hey guys,

Has anyone experienced issues while carrying whey boxes during air travel (domestic / international)? I will be traveling in near future & plan to take my supp boxes along.

Not sure if there's any kind of paperwork needed at the airport check in.
Please share info on this.

Thanks.
Old 17th December 2009, 04:19   #2316

Quote:
Hey guys,

Has anyone experienced issues while carrying whey boxes during air travel (domestic / international)? I will be traveling in near future & plan to take my supp boxes along.

Not sure if there's any kind of paperwork needed at the airport check in.
Please share info on this.

Thanks.
No response.. Can I take it as a 'No issue' then
Old 17th December 2009, 10:41   #2317
BHPian

is dextrose available anywhere in mumbai or delhi? it not available in bangalore
Old 19th December 2009, 17:38   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
is dextrose available anywhere in mumbai or delhi? it not available in bangalore
ROTFL. Google "dextrose". I'm sure you'll find it's available EVERYWHERE!
Old 20th December 2009, 23:17   #2319
BHPian

Guys,

Just wanted to know, Does smoking and work out mix well?
My friend who was working out started smoking a few days back and he's been feeling a lil' weak when he works out, For eg, He was able to do the biceps work out with dumbells for 15 rounds, Now his muscles give up after 10-12 rounds/lifts. He is also resuming working out after a week's gap, What could be the reason?
Old 21st December 2009, 11:19   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys,

Just wanted to know, Does smoking and work out mix well?
My friend who was working out started smoking a few days back and he's been feeling a lil' weak when he works out, For eg, He was able to do the biceps work out with dumbells for 15 rounds, Now his muscles give up after 10-12 rounds/lifts. He is also resuming working out after a week's gap, What could be the reason?
Its obvious that smoking will effect cardiac strength and for weight training cardiac strength is very much important, So it could be one of the reason but i dont think with in a week or two of taking up smoking it would effect in the gym. For the last few months i have stopped cardio exercises and its effects shows when i am training, When i am doing squats i will have the energy to push the weights but will feel out of breath just after few reps because of the reduced cardiac strength.

Last edited by Red Circle : 21st December 2009 at 11:22.
Old 21st December 2009, 23:37   #2321
BHPian

^ Thanks buddy

My trainer recommended me a protein suppliment called "Muscle juice" which he claims contains carbs, sugar and proteins, which is good for me as i have very little fat in my body and will cost me 1.8k for a 2kg tub.
Should i tell him to get anything else? Please suggest a few good brands.
P.S- I've been working out since 45 days.
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:21   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
if you a really serious about fitness and diet then there is a lot you can do but if you want to enjoy your student life and maintain a descent body then thats a different thing. Any which ways you can make sure atleast you are eating a healthy breakfast and dinner since these meals you will be having at home i guess. At this movement do not spend on supps, Go for real food.
Well i used to take Whey, which im gonna start now again. I discussed my diet with my dad, who said its fine. Actually my weight is correct for my height, i just wanna lose some belly fat and get toned/defined...plus pack on some muscle; thats pretty much it. Im really not looking to get that big or anything. I'd rather enjoy my student life though, lol.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:54   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
^ Thanks buddy

My trainer recommended me a protein suppliment called "Muscle juice" which he claims contains carbs, sugar and proteins, which is good for me as i have very little fat in my body and will cost me 1.8k for a 2kg tub.
Should i tell him to get anything else? Please suggest a few good brands.
P.S- I've been working out since 45 days.
Why would you want to buy a Weight gainer which has more Sugars than Protein in it? Muscle Juice has 55 grms of Protein and 60 grms of Sugars per serving! The 2kg tub is going to last you for just 9 days if you take it according to the instructions on it. So you want to spend 1.8k every 9 days? Weight gainers is for those people who doesnt know to eat. You have started working out since 45 days, honestly you dont even need a supplement now.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:02   #2324
BHPian

Well, The thing is, I don't eat nutritious food, I have a lil' breakfast at 11am, Lunch at 2-3PM, 2 eggs and a glass of milk before working out, 9Pm dinner(2 rotis, veggies and rice), I highly doubt this diet is gonna help me gain weight, I'm 5"8 and 56kgs, Do you recommend any other protein suppliment? Or should i start eating Proper food?
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:52   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Protein requirement for a normal person is about (0.7-1.0 g/kg/day).There is no value in adding even more protein to that amount, since protein cannot be stored in the body and the excess is eliminated in urine and feces.

When people start consuming too much protein (over 2.0 g/kg/d), the extra protein can become a stressful stimulus for the kidney. This is even more of a concern as we get older and our organs are less efficient and effective.

Very high levels of dietary protein have also been correlated with increased urinary calcium excretion. The loss of calcium through urine could potentially be harmful for bone turnover, with the added risk of osteoporosis.

Finally, protein requires vitamin B6 in order to be metabolized and ultimately utilized in the body. Very high levels of dietary protein increase the requirement for this B vitamin.

Some info I got from an article

Amino acid supplements are widely used by athletes who believe that having more of these basic building blocks available enables skeletal muscle to get stronger and have better endurance without the added calories. Amino acid supplements are not digested and absorbed in the body as readily as amino acids coming from food sources.

Moreover, amino acid supplements tend to cause an imbalance of the amino acids already present in the body. Most of these supplements contain aromatic-type amino acids, such as tryptophan, which are constituents of the brain's neurotransmitters.

Neurotransmitters will not act properly if the fine balance among all of the various types of amino acids is disturbed by too much supplementation. There are other conditions, one characterized by fever, skin rash, muscle and joint pains and edema of the legs, known as eosinophilia-myalgia, that may result from excess amino acid supplements.

People taking amino acid products, who frequently go to health food stores and self-prescribe them, should be aware of these potential problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks