Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:33   #4606
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyadassi View Post
Karol Bagh. Ghulati Sports. There are two stores by the same name. Both stock the all types of weights including iron and rubber covered iron plates. I think it's 90 per kg. You can call and ask them. Take the number from Google.
Attachment 1747892
Thank you very much for both the info and the tips
Old 5th May 2018, 13:38   #4607
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Have a query with all the experienced people who have been working out since long.

I used to work out around 5 years back. Now started going to the gym since last week of Dec 2017. I have noticed a change in me but now I feel that the growth has stopped. I might be wrong here. I am 29 years old. Current weight is 69 kgs and my height is 5'8".

Now, there are multiple websites who provide loads of information so I am not able to locate a perfect area where I can get correct information. Would appreciate if someone can help me with this regard.

Also, to put it to your notice, i am also taking whey protein supplements(ON) from the past 1.5 months.

My main aim is to lose fat and i am working really hard towards having 6 pack abs.

Thanks in advance.

Addy

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 5th May 2018 at 13:50.
Old 25th May 2018, 12:00   #4608
BHPian

Guys from Bangalore , Need a help.
We are planning to upgrade some gym equipments in our Apartment complex. Can you please suggest any good vendor for it. Currently we have equipments purchased through Hercules and multiple other vendors which are around 8 years old.
Would welcome if you could suggest some good cost effective and latest equipments in market. We are also ready to spend though it is little expensive.

We have currently decided to upgrade the multi gym and Treadmill.
Old 14th July 2018, 21:07   #4609
BHPian

What is the best time to consume a typical protein shake, before/ after/ or during a workout?

TIA
Old 3rd August 2018, 18:57   #4610
Team-BHP Support

Legendary MMA trainer Firas Zahabi shares some astonishing facts about how to workout.

Old 28th August 2018, 15:01   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
What is the best time to consume a typical protein shake, before/ after/ or during a workout?

TIA
Before and after (both 30 min-1 hr). The one before should be low in carb/fat so more water, less milk (if u take milk). Never 'during' IMO, i consume what i exhaust away - i.e. water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Hi Guys,

Have a query with all the experienced people who have been working out since long.

I used to work out around 5 years back. Now started going to the gym since last week of Dec 2017. I have noticed a change in me but now I feel that the growth has stopped. I might be wrong here. I am 29 years old. Current weight is 69 kgs and my height is 5'8".

Now, there are multiple websites who provide loads of information so I am not able to locate a perfect area where I can get correct information. Would appreciate if someone can help me with this regard.

Also, to put it to your notice, i am also taking whey protein supplements(ON) from the past 1.5 months.

My main aim is to lose fat and i am working really hard towards having 6 pack abs.

Thanks in advance.

Addy

if your main aim is to lose fat then you should not be on diet surplus at all. How many calories do you consume a day? going by your weight/height, you should be around 1500 calories; this in 50-60% protein, 20-30% carb, 10-20% fat ratios. 1gm carb or protein provides 4 cal ; 1gm of fat provides 9 calories. So accordingly figure out your nutrition requirements depending on your food preferences.

This info is pretty standard across websites but just twisty.

I don't know about your body fat% but firstly you'll need compound muscle building exercises and intensive (not extensive) aerobics - 15 minutes burst kind. It will take you 8-12 weeks see results of any given plan. 1.5 months is way too soon. Per my experience our body only "warms up" over 2-3 weeks to be ready for long term.

Lastly, I'd focus more on natural sources for protein and include both Whey & Casein proteins.

Cheers.

Last edited by bblost : 28th August 2018 at 15:28. Reason: back to back
Old 26th January 2019, 13:38   #4612
Senior - BHPian

A couple of days ago I pulled one of my intercostal muscles near my ribs , possibly while doing the bench press , and that led to severe pain initially that is now subsiding. I experienced nothing on the day of the exercise but the next day morning was really bad. I guess this happened from not warming up my upper body before exercise.

I have beein doing a 10 minute warmup on a stationary cycle in the gym that was warming up only my lower body . What kind of full body warmup is recommended before doing weights ? A rowing machine would be ideal but we don't have it in our gym. Would running on the treadmill be better than cycling for overall warmup ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 26th January 2019 at 13:39.
Old 26th January 2019, 13:50   #4613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
What kind of full body warmup is recommended before doing weights ? A rowing machine would be ideal but we don't have it in our gym. Would running on the treadmill be better than cycling for overall warmup ?
I feel the elliptical machine for 5-7 minutes, followed by upper and lower body stretches would warm you up properly to start lifting.

Make sure to do a proper cool down and stretch once again on completing your workout to aid recovery.

Do make sure you are free from pain (full recovery) before you begin training again.

Cheers
Old 26th January 2019, 13:58   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
What kind of full body warmup is recommended before doing weights ? A rowing machine would be ideal but we don't have it in our gym. Would running on the treadmill be better than cycling for overall warmup ?
I'd recommend doing a more intensive warm up of the parts you're working. Upper / lower body . For upper 20 pull-ups, shoulder press and push ups . For lower - 20 free squats with some treadmill. Always stretch your arms and neck in the beginning of workout irrespective.
Old 26th January 2019, 14:02   #4615
BHPian

Any gym recommendations on the DLF side of Gurgaon?
Old 28th January 2019, 10:06   #4616
BHPian

Quote:
.. What kind of full body warmup is recommended before doing weights ? A rowing machine would be ideal but we don't have it in our gym. Would running on the treadmill be better than cycling for overall warmup ?
here's what I follow and has kept me injury free through intensive sessions.
1. Core/full body- Skipping, high knees/jumping jacks & burpees - 5 minutes
2. Upper body day - wrists, forearms, mainly shoulder rotator cuffs - 3-5 minutes
3. Muscle focus- 2/3 sets (not to failure) with increments of weight for the muscle being trained today. If my first main set of flat bench press is say 80kgs, then two sets, one each of 40 & 60 kgs 8-10 reps with *extremely slow* eccentric movement.

And let's never lose focus from the form and weights during the whole exercise. Even if we are well warmed up, a wrong form in hurry with heavy weight can cause an injury.

keep up the pump.
Old 8th February 2019, 22:49   #4617
BHPian

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Guys from Bangalore , Need a help.

We are planning to upgrade some gym equipments in our Apartment complex. Can you please suggest any good vendor for it. Currently we have equipments purchased through Hercules and multiple other vendors which are around 8 years old.

Would welcome if you could suggest some good cost effective and latest equipments in market. We are also ready to spend though it is little expensive.

We have currently decided to upgrade the multi gym and Treadmill.

Do look at Jerai. They make some really good equipment and have a wide range on offer. If you want to look at higher end stuff, then Cybex/Hammer Strength is the way to go.

A half-rack is a must for a home gym. One can do a variety of workouts with them!

Last edited by Motormania : 8th February 2019 at 22:50.
Old 17th February 2019, 10:50   #4618
BHPian

Dear Friends.

The moment you talk about Fitness... there are innumerable information out there and each one says something different...

I'm fully confused what to follow!

Let me give a brief background about me. I was 114kgs around a year back. Started something called as Paleo diet which helped me to reduce around 10 kgs in the last one year. I did basic cardio for 45 mins to 1 hour every day.Now I have hit the plateau and also I'm not very strictly following the diet or work out.

Now I'm interested in muscle building. I'm not sure whether I'm using the right term "building muscle". All that I meant was tightening the loose muscles and look fit.

Now i need guidance from experts what I have to do next to loose fat as well as build muscles.

I plan to enroll for a gym membership where I can learn weight training.

Please advice.
Old 21st February 2019, 17:35   #4619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Dear Friends.

The moment you talk about Fitness... there are innumerable information out there and each one says something different...

I'm fully confused what to follow!

Let me give a brief background about me. I was 114kgs around a year back. Started something called as Paleo diet which helped me to reduce around 10 kgs in the last one year. I did basic cardio for 45 mins to 1 hour every day.Now I have hit the plateau and also I'm not very strictly following the diet or work out.

Now I'm interested in muscle building. I'm not sure whether I'm using the right term "building muscle". All that I meant was tightening the loose muscles and look fit.

Now i need guidance from experts what I have to do next to loose fat as well as build muscles.

Please advice.

Take help of a certified consultant. You must follow a structured and quantified nutrition plan and focus on weight training. That will help you build strength, form up your body and get lean muscle mass.
Old 21st February 2019, 18:28   #4620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Dear Friends.

Please advice.
I think you should have a look at this tread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ss-thread.html (The Weight Loss Thread)

Most Viewed