Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:05   #4051
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Had few friends over for dinner last night. Ordered door delivery from Chinese pavilion:

Chicken with green pepper @ 280/- * 2
Chicken wrapped prawns @ 300/- * 3
Prawns pepper chilly @ 370/- * 2
Chefs special cottage cheese @ 210/-
Sesame potato on toast @ 210/-
Chinese pavilion rice chicken @ 300/-
Veg fried rice @ 180/-
Chinese pavilion rice veg @ 280/-
Szechuan chicken @ 280/-

Total bill including Rs.40/- for delivery - Rs.3883.00

Sesame potato was excellent, prawns pepper chilly was good, so was chicken with green pepper but chicken wrapped prawns were bland.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:19   #4052
BHPian

Ohri's 100 Degrees..

Was here with my wife and mom yesterday evening for dinner.

We had :-

a) Tomato Soup
b) Chicken Sweet corn Soup
c) Tandoori Chicken Sizzler
d)Paneer Ajwani Sizzler

Portion wise i must say the sizzlers are pretty adequate but they lack the basics.( the veggies were half cooked,tandoori chicken was more like chiken tikka with butter chicken gravy)

I know few of the folks have had postive reviews about this place(food wise) but i didn't like.

The best sizzler i've had in hyderabad are at yoko's(shut shop unfortunately ) ,indijoe's(city centre mall)and palace heights (especially their mixed grill sizzler)

Yes ,the ambience and decor of this place is nice.

Total bill for 3 was INR 800(all inclusive)

Would be travelling to mumbai next week ,so will fulfill my desire for having authentic sizzlers by visiting kobe/yoko's there
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:44   #4053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Would be travelling to mumbai next week ,so will fulfill my desire for having authentic sizzlers by visiting kobe/yoko's there
Rightly said about Yokos & Kobe.Nothing to beat Yokos.They went around opening the outlet in all the wrong locations and plus low awareness among the city people led to its demise in HYD.

Not sure which part of Mumbai you are going to be in,but having stayed there and tried most of the Yoko outlets,my reccomendation would be the ones on SV Road at Santa Cruz(w) next to Akbarallys and the other one being on the Link Road at Malad(w) opposite the Goregaon Sports Club.
Old 26th December 2011, 10:43   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Post morning on Sunday, it was decided to head out to Novotel, HICC for breakfast. No one had any clue about the exact rate but were expecting it in the range of Rs400 - 500 ++

Spread: Like any 5 star breakfast buffet, had a decent mix of continental and south Indian.

Highlights: Had a good choice of cold cuts across Chicken and Ham. The Chorizzo and Crispy Bacon deserve a special mention. Especially the Bacon. Was well done and absolutely crispy without any hint of oil. Cooked Pork Sausage with fried onions tasted delicious.

Requires Improvement: The choice of breads were minimal. Just one type of croissant and wheat/sandwich bread. No baguettes, no different types of bread loaves et al. The Dosa was more like thick pancake.

Damages: On asking for the bill came to know that the price was Rs.700++ but somehow managed a 20% corporate discount. Final bill was Rs.9,4xx for 12 people.

Rating: 3/5 . One word. Expensive! The spread was nothing out of the ordinary and shouldn't have more than Rs.450++

Next Sunday plan is to have breakfast at Daspalla post the run. Any reviews would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 26th December 2011, 11:19   #4055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Damages: On asking for the bill came to know that the price was Rs.700++ but somehow managed a 20% corporate discount. Final bill was Rs.9,4xx for 12 people.
I had breakfast meetings with customers here on a few occassions and spread looked nice but, since my purpose was business didnt focus on food.

Price was always the 700++ and is VFM if your company pays for it
Old 26th December 2011, 12:58   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Next Sunday plan is to have breakfast at Daspalla post the run. Any reviews would be appreciated.

Cheers
I had buffet breakfast at Daspalla few months back and it was good.It worked out to Rs.175 + taxes at that time.
I spread was amazing for that price.They had a very good spread of continental breakfast.
Worth a try once,I guess.
Old 26th December 2011, 13:01   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I had buffet breakfast at Daspalla few months back and it was good.It worked out to Rs.175 + taxes at that time.
I spread was amazing for that price.They had a very good spread of continental breakfast.
Worth a try once,I guess.
Thanks Ram for the feedback. Next week we have a "Hangover Classic Run" on 1st January starting at 6 AM. The run culminates at Daspalla with Breakfast.

Anyone wants to join?

Cheers
Old 26th December 2011, 14:48   #4058
BHPian

Had lunch on Christmas at Angeethi - the buffet. Was charged 500 +change for each. Food was great as usual. Had been to Angeethi in Jan on Republic day and I remember they charged me 256 including taxes. So yesterday was twice as expensive! Gotta call before going out on special days like Christmas!
Old 26th December 2011, 16:08   #4059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Had lunch on Christmas at Angeethi - the buffet. Was charged 500 +change for each. Food was great as usual. Had been to Angeethi in Jan on Republic day and I remember they charged me 256 including taxes. So yesterday was twice as expensive! Gotta call before going out on special days like Christmas!
It could have been Christmas special rate at Angeethi but please note that most (if not all) restaurants always charge a higher price for weekend buffets be it Saturdays or Sundays, Angeethi included.

On a different note, do keep in mind that IndiJoe includes even Fridays in its weekend rates for lunch buffet.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:15   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
It could have been Christmas special rate at Angeethi but please note that most (if not all) restaurants always charge a higher price for weekend buffets be it Saturdays or Sundays, Angeethi included.

On a different note, do keep in mind that IndiJoe includes even Fridays in its weekend rates for lunch buffet.
Yeah, and I did ask about the weekend prices, and was quoted 296 including taxes.

I did expect higher prices for Christmas, but twice as much was a bit too much.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:17   #4061
BHPian

Wife's b'day on 25th Dec can't be anything less special. Went to Thai Express as we were bored with the Mainland's and Tandoori stuff.

One word for the Food: Exceptional. Really nice Thai flavours and not even a hint of Chinese.

Service: The best till date in hyderabad. The captain himself came and explained what to eat in veg and what's suitable for the kid.

Everything was as per what was told and all tasted very nice.

Order: A raw mango salad in sesame
Veg starter
veg noodles with sauted veggies
Thai red curry with Steamed rice

Damages: Rs: 750

But wait: I had Snap Deal 50% vouchers so it came to 375 + taxes (14.5% Vat and 5% service charge) so net 450.

That's might inexpensive.

I also struck a deal with him for my corporate lunches at a nice price.

Worth a try
Old 27th December 2011, 22:14   #4062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
These guys make some amazing cakes.
Labonel Fine baking , Hyderabad India.

There is no signboard outside. At least none that I could find.
Its in the compound adjacent to the Star Hospital, opposite the Indo Arab Mosque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I heard great things about Labonel and really wanted to try them out but when I heard that their chocolate truffle cake is priced at INR 1100/kg (don't know if it's before tax or all-in), I balked and headed to Cakes 'n' More/Big Byte as always.

Regards,
spadix
Ordered a birthday cake from these guys.
1 kg at Rs 1,200.

The cake is given inside a strong cardboard box. The box and the bag are of very high quality.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_3585-medium.jpg

This is a Vanilla Fudge Cake.
We had chosen strawberries as topping.

There was a lovely thick coat of white chocolate and cream.
The cake was quite heavy. I was the only one who finished my entire slice like a good boy.

It tastes awesome.

I would not think twice about ordering another from these guys.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_3605-medium.jpg
Old 28th December 2011, 11:48   #4063
BHPian

imran , looks yuummmy . However at 1200/ kg is little expensive . where is this outlet located , need to check out and may be plan something for my daughter's b'day coming up shortly.

hi imran , checked out the link below . txns

Last edited by rm_arjuna : 28th December 2011 at 11:56.
Old 28th December 2011, 12:00   #4064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
imran , looks yuummmy . However at 1200/ kg is little expensive . where is this outlet located , need to check out and may be plan something for my daughter's b'day coming up shortly.
The directions are there in the quoted post.

Its on Road Number 10. Just before Star Hospital and opposite the Indo Arab Mosque.

There are no signboards. But its a white compound wall. The gate may be closed but there is always a watchman present.

Parking is inside and its not a problem.

The cake is called as one kilo. But its physical weight felt a bit more.

We made around 10 slices of the size shown in the second picture.

They also make some interesting glitter cakes. The cake top will have this shiny layer on top of it and it looks awesome.
Old 28th December 2011, 13:41   #4065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
. However at 1200/ kg is little expensive . where is this outlet located , need to check out and may be plan something for my daughter's b'day coming up shortly
Sir,

The cakes are worth every penny at Labonel.Have ordered many times and they are awesome.My favorite is the chocolate caramel cake.

Pls try their brownies which are available off the shelf and are priced at 450 for 12 and 750 for 25.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks