Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 15:06   #4036
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, there is a "Tezz Chicken" outlet opening at Himayathnagar right at the traffic signal opp. to Hyderabad House and just a stone's throw away from home. Hope their stuff is better as I never tried this style before.
Its a poor imitation of KFC and nothing more. It does however has Lamb and Double lamb burger in the menu. It has a store in Gachibowli too.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:08   #4037
BHPian

Quote:
I had almost all burgers in KFC and McD. Nothing to beat the burgers from King and Cardinal

Btw, there is a "Tezz Chicken" outlet opening at Himayathnagar right at the traffic signal opp. to Hyderabad House and just a stone's throw away from home. Hope their stuff is better as I never tried this style before.
I would agree the king and cardinal burger is paisa wasool( money's worth)

Many a times i've stopped there, had burger before coming over to your house for our meets

I also like burgers available at vacs bakery.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:26   #4038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
As for the seating,hadippa is worser than mayabazaar.you would realise when you go there.Mayabazaar atleast has some tables which are normal.Hadippa has no option and nothing to do with getting in shape as Its the legs which are going to create a problem(unless you have intentions of reducing the length of your legs alongwith the flab !!!!)i sincerely hope they change their chair-remodelled-into-table kind of setup atleast for the sake of tall people or atleast keep a couple of tables which are high.elderly people are going to find it very difficult(anywys restaurants are not exactly well known for being elder friendly!!!!)
I dropped off my wife at Hadippa earlier today and made it a point to check this out and yes, the seating is bad for tall people. There is absolutely no place to slide the legs. The tables do look like converted luxury cane seats.

@mobike008 - You can get in shape but you cannot shorten your height
Old 21st December 2011, 15:28   #4039
Team-BHP Support

There is a small bakery called Cherries and Berries on Road Number 4, Banjara Hills.

Road Number 4 is the one that takes you from GVK One towards Azaan International School.

They also serve decent Chicken Burgers.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:29   #4040
BHPian

Quote:
I had almost all burgers in KFC and McD. Nothing to beat the burgers from King and Cardinal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
I would agree the king and cardinal burger is paisa wasool( money's worth). Many a times i've stopped there, had burger before coming over to your house for our meets
+1 on that a Zillion times. I have always loved their Burgers, Choclate Donuts and what not.

Somethings worth a try at King & Cardinal, the original outlet (Not the new one, which opened beside Sony Showroom)
1. Chicken Salad Snack - The best of all. I enjoy it everytime I have it. Whenever I pass Himayat Nagar, I make sure that I stop at K&C and get a couple of these packed.
2. Butter Chicken Roll
3. Chocolate Donut

Quote:
Very close, however I am still skeptical about the parking issue there. I do not see any place to park near Tezz Chicken. I might have to use the parking lot of Ratandeep or Spencers and walk down till Tezz or might have to park it at the GHMC Parking on the Himayat Nagar Main Road and walk back to Tezz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Its a poor imitation of KFC and nothing more. It does however has Lamb and Double lamb burger in the menu. It has a store in Gachibowli too.
Sauntered into Tezz at Gachibowli and exited in 22 secs flat. Did not appeal me much. Looks more of a poor imitation of KFC and etc. There was another Fried Chicken Guy at Banjara Hills. I guess Southern Fried Chicken.
Old 21st December 2011, 18:49   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
There was another Fried Chicken Guy at Banjara Hills. I guess Southern Fried Chicken.
Sad place. Went there once an year or so ago and it sucked. I think it has already shut shop.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:58   #4042
BHPian

2 of my friends went to OTF yesterday on my recommendation - one for lunch and another for dinner and both SMSed me thanking for recommending the 'awesome' place.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:16   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Sad place. Went there once an year or so ago and it sucked. I think it has already shut shop.
Their double lamb burger was a treat though..

They did not have a proper marketing strategy like kfc and mcdonalds unfortunately.
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:57   #4044
BHPian

Quote:
Their double lamb burger was a treat though..

They did not have a proper marketing strategy like kfc and mcdonalds unfortunately.
Agree with you. On top of it they leased huge prime real estate on the main road which must have cost them big bucks. My kids ate their signature SFC during our only visit and did not want to go back again. If it is still open and I am on Rd no.12, will try their double lamb burger.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:10   #4045
BHPian

This is for PORK lovers in the twin cities.

Nainie next to YMCA in Secunderabad are well known for their pork meat.

They have started an outlet at Punjagutta to cater to pork lovers on this side of the town.

The shop is not on the main road but in a lane called Exide Battery Lane.
Cross Big Bazar on the Ameerpet - Khairatabad Road, continue straight and cross the Srinagar Colony Road T-Junction, continue straight till you see the gap in verge (for taking U-turn and going to Srinagar Colony), do not take the U-turn but keep on the left of the main road and the shop is in the lane on the left side itself just before you see all those shops selling number plates.

Compared to the YMCA outlet, amazing stock of various cuts of meat.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:08   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
If it is still open and I am on Rd no.12, will try their double lamb burger.
As stated by you earlier they have shut shop.I saw some renovation activity going on there recently

My guess is its Quiznos which is coming up or maybe papa johns.

If i had that kind of prime property i would have opened a kamat's or something like anjappar to do good business.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:40   #4047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If i had that kind of prime property i would have opened a kamat's or something like anjappar to do good business.
This reminds me of the hotel business we team-bhpians thought of opening which turned out to be a totally hilarious post a year or two back.

Not sure if it was posted in the food thread or in a meet thread? Anyone remembers or cares to dig up that post?
Old 22nd December 2011, 18:03   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
My guess is its Quiznos which is coming up or maybe papa johns.
I guess, Papa John's has already taken that place and started their outler.

Quote:
This reminds me of the hotel business we team-bhpians thought of opening which turned out to be a totally hilarious post a year or two back.
Pandey Ki Rasoi

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1190956

Quote:
lol. as i said earlier pandeyji ,latitudes dont ask you to starve yourself.

on other thoughts the way you and me are posting on this thread we should start a restaurant man,lets name it 'Pandey ki Rasoi' hehehe.

i will invest my latitudes refund in our venture (only if i get 51% stake ,talking like b.k modi here)..

Infact i would also seek help from our CUG gang,let me quickly list down some role descriptors for them.

a) Arun- head cook ,takes care of the tandoor and the bhatti.
b) Himanshu bhai - piches in to sort any legal matters
c) Yashraj-Our ICE man will take care of our restaurants' sound system
d) Getsurya- Anna ,can take care of the finance.
e) Thedore- now this man is seriously into modifications ,so lets give him the interior decoration charge of our joint.
f) Raveendra/Suren Sir - Well based on my observations why not ask them to take care of one being the ghazal player and the other being the tabla maestro.(imagining suren singing 'chitti aayi hai aayi hai' already)hehehe

g) Pulsar 56- 'Tera kya ho gaya re kalia'

Sardar meine aapka namak khaya hai ,to ab Qawali gaa' lol...

h) nag- we can build our joints on his various properties /land .hehehe
i) Cooldude- hehehe ,he should take care of gardening and plantation
j) Hillram- Sir ,seeing your built i can only think of you being our bouncer.lol( in all good humour please)

k) Kkrk2k (whatever)- now this guy has had a stint in logistics ,so he takes care of home deliveries.hehee

And last but not the least my man ,chikoo beta cum cuba gooding junior cum usha uthoop(male version) ,he will be incharge of in house entertainement man.

i remember there was this show long back of amitabh bachan in the u.k called 'jhuma chuma in london' we can customize that to 'give chuma to chikoo in lingampally).

so here goes ,Pandey ki Rasoi ,opening soon in madhapur ,himayatnagar and limgampally. star attraction saturday night live with chikoo.

since nobody has been assigned jharu katka( cleaning) i will take that up.

Last edited by traveloholic : 22nd December 2011 at 18:15.
traveloholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:31   #4049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
That was one hilarious post by Rajesh. It really made my morning
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:53   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was one hilarious post by Rajesh. It really made my morning
+100 . That post was almost 2.5 years back. As the group has increased many fold since then, HRH-RR and others can pitch in and add new roles and descriptions

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks