Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 17:08   #3931
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Went to Subway Raj Bhawan Road.

Overall bad service and staff attitude.

Will be staying away and frequenting the Nagarjuna Circle outlet.
I think Raj Bhawan Road outlet has been giving out all the right signals since the past one year that they wish to kill their business by making all their customers unhappy.

Anyway, tomorrow is a Monday when Subway has a 1+1 offer. Will pay their Nagarjuna Circle outlet a visit for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Decided to try The Buffet on level 5,gvk mall.

My sincere advise would be to give the place a total miss and instead stick to the tried and tested places which are plenty in Hyderabad.
Thanks, Ranjit. I was waiting for someone to review the place before I visit it but due to lack of any feed back, had short listed the place for my Monday lunch.

Now, thanks to you, I can spend my hard earned money at Angeethi or IndiJoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I even enjoy eating that fruit as well.
Falsa is my favourite fruit and I can never get satisfied - "Yeh Dil Maange More".

I had even planted my own tree during my childhood but could enjoy the fruit only one year as father got transferred after that.

Used to get caught many a times jumping barbed wire fencings of near by houses who used to have the falsa trees in their compunds. The hot summers of North, especially the afternoons of May month, were best suited for falsa thefts. Could never buy them since it was never sold in the market, maybe, because it was a small township.

Used to buy 250 gm every afternoon when in Delhi at my grand parents' place.

Even now, in season, I visit the fruit shop on Road No. 1 in Banjara Hills (just before Chinese Pavilion) for my fix of falsa as according to me, the chances of getting the fruit are the highest at that outlet in the whole twin cities.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 20th November 2011 at 17:09.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:01   #3932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Can you please post pics? I might know them by different (Bengali) names..
If not, would like to try them out next time I am in Hyderabad.
Falsa: Grewia asiatica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It looks like blueberries.

Next time, I buy some Gaingul, I will snap a picture and upload it.
Old 24th November 2011, 12:13   #3933
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited "Hotel Golconda" at Masab Tank on Monday and tried their Mutton Shami Kebab (Rs.400) and I must confess never had such lovely kebabs in a long time. It beats Nizam Club and Sailing Club kebabs hands-down.

This minced meat patty was not pasty type but, thick and flavoursome. You can actually feel the meat and masalas while chewing and thats who a kebab should be. Should be enjoyed like how you enjoy wine at a wine tasting session. Roll it over your tongue, let it touch all sensory portions of your mouth and slowly gulp it down!

Couldnt resist, order a second round of the same dish

--------------------------XXXX--------------------------------

Yesterday, got a take-away from "Mega City" at Basheerbagh of following

Chicken Reshmi Kebab (Rs.180)

Chicken Kebab wrapped in a very well cooked omlette. One of the tastiest and heaviest snack and goes in my favorite list

Telangana Chicken (Rs.180)

Spicy, Hot and Tasty
Old 24th November 2011, 16:46   #3934
BHPian

Visited Via Milano on Road No. 36 in Jubilee Hills for dinner last night.

The restaurant was empty but for one couple and one family when I reached at around 8:30. Only 2 families and one more couple entered while I was still there. That makes it 6 tables occupied for business from 8:30pm to 9:45pm. Sad state of affairs but what else can you expect when the menu is priced so much northwards.

1) The only non creamy soup was Chicken & Mushroom Soup @ 210. Will never eat a soup ever again in this restaurant.

2) Had Smoked Chicken Salad @ 240. Slightly lesser quantity than Harry's Diner but as good in taste.

3) Ordered a Quattro Staigoni Pizza @ 390. Nice but not exceptional.

4) Also had Chicken Lasagna @ 360. This was the best dish though too "ketchupy" for my taste.

VAT is 14.5% and Service Charge is 5%. There is no Service Tax levied.

Had regular water and got it chilled as requested. Taste was okay and did not have to spend a fortune on water.

Would not mind visiting the place again as long as some one lese is paying the bill.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Visited Fusion 9 on Monday for dinner. Decently occupied to justify its existence and was amazed to see some people ordering things I can not even dream of (PM me).

1) Ordered Chicken & Zaafraan Shorba @ 195. Was neither Indianised, neither Continentalised.

2) Ordered Mushroom Teriyaki @ 345. Nice stuffed mushrooms but the sauce did not gel and blend with the taste.

3) Ordered Chicken Steak @ 435. No idea, did not taste.

4) Ordered Pork Chops @ 475. Wanted them well done, got them rare. Went waste.

5) Ordered Pork Spare Ribs @ 475. Had burnt onion rings (burnt as in black charred onions sticking to the rib). Chef must have got a angry call from his wife while on the job.

Wanted chilled non bottled water. They did not have it and some how could not manage to add ice to the water to chill it so ended up drinking luke warm water.

VAT 14.5%, Service Tax 3.09% and Service Charge 5%.

I would have walked out without paying the bill for inability to serve water, serving burnt ribs, serving rare chops. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the bread that they serve complimentary was also burnt, it had black sides and the burnt taste did come through. Unfortunately, being parents; anniversary and having taken them for the dinner, did not want to spoil their special day so ended up paying 2,386 for food not worth paying for.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Saw a fancy Rich Chocolate Cake at Baker's Inn in Somajiguda on monday and picked it up for parents' special day at 1pm. Realised after its cutting at 1:30pm that it is not fresh (fresh as in made same day). Sent an email to their official website complaining that I feel short-changed to buy a 1 Kg cake for Rs. 630 and getting a stale one. Got a call on behalf of the owner at 3:30pm that they are sending a fresh replacement. Received the fresh cake at 4:15 pm. Baker's Inn rocks!!!

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 24th November 2011 at 16:48.
Old 25th November 2011, 19:29   #3935
BHPian

Hadippa - Simply Delhi'cious

True to what they say, it’s simply Delhi'cious for sure. Hadippa is an expression of pure happiness, fun, enjoyment.... and true to its name, Food at Hadippa is fun, enjoyable and simple to the core.

Being a connoisseur of good food, I always scout for new avenues to satiate my taste buds.

Moreover, being a Gemini, I tend to get bored of the same thing after a few times.

The only time I hogged on to something was OTF. Beyond that, it’s always once or twice and then I get down to the dirty business of finding a new place to find that inner solace. This search led me to Hadippa or rather say, I was bound to pay Hadippa a visit and it’s been on hold for a long time. Atlast, felt the need to bless Hadippa with my gracious presence and relish the Delhi’cious food at Hadippa. Hadippa is also a case of Techie-turned-Hotelier and true to his nature; the food is as great as the owner.

Dhaba type of interiors gives the whole place a rustic feel akin to enjoying Delhi'cious food sitting in a Dhaba. Simplistic interior design is what intrigued me the most.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippainteriors-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippainteriors-2.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippainteriors-3.jpg

The way food was served was something very unique and unseen. Fresh Use-n-Throw wooden plates are used for the entire course. The plates are changed after each round. Starters and Main Course are served on 2 different set of plates.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippaserving.jpg

Hadippa stated their sojourn into the F&B Segment about 6 months ago by starting a Hadippa Take Away near SVM Mall and today they have turned into a full-fledged restaurant. True to what they say, when Delhi reckons, there is no way you can escape.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz….. oh! I just realized I dozed off to sleep after the sumptuous food at Hadippa.

Started out with Hadippa Special Tandoori Chicken. Succulent pieces of chicken marinated in a variety of spices and roasted in a Tandoor. The marinade was just too perfect to tantalize those taste buds and get them out of their deep slumber. It energizes the taste buds and leaves them salivating for more.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippaspecialtandoorichicken-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippaspecialtandoorichicken-2.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippaspecialtandoorichicken-3.jpg

Chicken Rara was something we never had earlier and this was what made it even more exciting to wait for the dish to arrive. To summarize the dish at a go, good amount of chicken pieces mixed with minced chicken, fried cashew nuts and perfect blend of spices.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippachickenrara.jpg

Dal Fry is one dish that tastes the same all over the world and nothing can go wrong with this. Dal Fry’s been a staple dish of my order every time we go out dining for the only fact that no matter where you order it, it still tastes the same.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippafood.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippafood-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippafood-2.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippafood-3.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippafood-4.jpg

Butter Naan, do I really need to write about this too.

Chicken Tikka Chawal, in true Delhi style Rajma Chawal, Chicken Chawal are akin to what Biryani is here in Hyderabad. People who love loads of fried onions in their food would love it for sure. I am sure, Avinash is reading this. Chicken Tikka Chawal was something I had for the first time and was blown over by it. I shall go back for this dish for sure.

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-chicken-tikka-chawal.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-chicken-tikka-chawal-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-chicken-tikka-chawal-2.jpg

The icing on the cake was the Lassi, this was the last thing I had on my mind as was already full by the time I could start eating Chicken Tikka Chawal. The first spoonful of Chicken Tikka Chawal and I was “to heck with dieting, I am going to eat this for sure”. Cooled down with a Glass Full of Lassi and left the place satisfied.

Pet Bhara Par Dil Nahi (Had the heart content but am not satisfied yet)”, these were the only words I said to myself as I was walking out of Hadippa. Hadippa, I shall be back for sure.

The stars of the day were Hadippa Special Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Rara and Chicken Tikka Chawal.

How it affected me financially: Paid Rs. 600/- after all the customaries.

Address:
Hadippa, 1st Floor, Above New Born Store, Next to Chevrolet Car Showroom, Kondapur Junction

Hadippa Menu Card:
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippamenucard-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-hadippamenucard-2.jpg
traveloholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 12:08   #3936
BHPian

Soon Mobike008 can get his fix of Tandoori Chicken without having to traverse the city. I saw a board saying "Pakwaan" between Ravindra Bharti and Kamat. The place is being readied at a frenzied pace and should open in December itself.

Can Silverwood confirm that this is another outlet of the same guy from Tadbund?
Old 28th November 2011, 10:15   #3937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Can Silverwood confirm that this is another outlet of the same guy from Tadbund?
Not sure Bajaj Sahb.

Will check the same from Hameed Bhai and will get back to you.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:24   #3938
Senior - BHPian

Over the Flames

Now I know why people here have been raving about OTF.We drove all the way from Sainikpuri to OTF on Saturday night & what a dinner it turned out to be.

Just one word in truely mallu style-ZIMBLY & HUMBLY Outstanding!

We had a Garden Pizza(12")-it would put all those Pizza Huts and Corners to shame,and the way its served is so unique & novel.Havent had such a yummy crust anywhere else in the city.Also had a Veg Lasagne in white sauce and a Chicken salad.All of them were top of the class.The entire bill came upto a princely INR320 and we were full to the brim!Just did not have space for the chocolate fondant which we wanted to try.

This is one place we are going back to in a hurry.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:45   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Hadippa - Simply Delhi'cious

How it affected me financially: Paid Rs. 600/- after all the customaries
Hey Nikhil,

Was the above amount before or after availing the discount?

Hadippa - Restaurant Deals - Discount Coupon - Kondapur Junction - Hyderabad - Snapdeal.com

Cheers!
Old 28th November 2011, 14:24   #3940
BHPian

Had been to The Yellow Chillis (aka Sanjeev Kapoors) for lunch buffet. My god what a rip off it was. With very little variety and practically no taste at all we where day robbed.

I could count about 6 Dishes including rice and excluding 1 mixed fruit, 1 Kheer and 1 Ice Cream. Gosh terrible it was. Nothing to talk about the service too. The service was as if they have all given up.

A no go for food lovers. Unless until one wants to taste the thrill of broad day light robbery.
Old 28th November 2011, 14:28   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hey Nikhil,
Was the above amount before or after availing the discount?
Hadippa - Restaurant Deals - Discount Coupon - Kondapur Junction - Hyderabad - Snapdeal.com
Cheers!
No Bajaj Saab, it was not after the SnapDeal discount but a personal one & that's the reason I said after all the customaries.
Old 28th November 2011, 15:15   #3942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
A no go for food lovers. Unless until one wants to taste the thrill of broad day light robbery.
I have posted yellow chillis review couple of times on this thread.

It is just a matter of time before they shut shop.

BTW-Can you please elaborate more on your dining experience.?

When did you visit(weekday/weekend), wat's the price of buffect, do they charge service charge etc.?
Old 30th November 2011, 19:45   #3943
BHPian

Friends,

Need feedback on the Snapdeal / Dealivore vouchers - Is it true people with the discount vouchers are being treated poorly in recent past and looked down upon by the restaurants? Not given good seats, asked to sit in a corner etc?

Heard this from my friends. Please confirm.
Old 30th November 2011, 20:14   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Friends,

Need feedback on the Snapdeal / Dealivore vouchers - Is it true people with the discount vouchers are being treated poorly in recent past and looked down upon by the restaurants? Not given good seats, asked to sit in a corner etc?

Heard this from my friends. Please confirm.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. Most small businesses have lost considerable money after advertising on daily deal sites.

Baking 102,000 Cupcakes Because Of Bad Groupon Deal | LinkedIn
Old 1st December 2011, 11:07   #3945
BHPian

Wife and me along with my u.s work buddies headed out to Coco's (KBR Park) to spend some quality time towards the evening.

The place was jam packed and since i last visited them the singer (live performance) is a different person as well.(nice voice/good with the guitar)

We ordered :-

- Chilly prawns
- Appollo fish
- Lamb Chops
- Shredded barbeque lamb
- Portions of garlic bread and garlic naan

Both the lamb items were the best (highly recommend)

A big annoyance though was to see these young girls smoking cigarettes ,certainly is not cool(my personal thought)

Total bill for 5 of us was INR 3965/-(this obviously includes the drinks which was the major portion of the bill)

Goes without saying a big thumbs up for the place/music and the food

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks