Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 18:04   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
That's a man after me own heart. Well, you can try Yoko's Sizzlers for a decent steak, and Kairali at Gachhibowli for Kerala style chilly beef (I did not like it much, just about bearable). TGiF also serves steak. Seafood is a tougher proposition. Most you will get is pomfret over here. Better to get the fish and cook at home. You can get most varieties like Mackarel, White/ Black Pomfret etc. at Hypercity or SPAR. There isn't any joint serving pork in Hyd AFAIK. If you come across one, do let me know as well
Sure .
I know some places in Hyd where we can buy the pork(meat). But my wife does not like eat or cook. That's why I was looking for a restaurant to get some pork dishes.

I had Beef steaks from Touch and Novotel. The one from Novotel was good, but its too costly. Beef steak dish I had from Touch was really crappy. I like the Chilly beef(Both dry and wet) from Kairali. But they don't have more options. And they serve the same dishes always.
About seafood, you are right. Better get it home and prepare it. The fish curry from Kairali is not that good. And most of the other places, we can get only Appollo fish. My favorites like Black Pomfret and Seer fish are not that easy to get.
If you dont know, you can buy fish from the Sunday market, near Ashok Nagar(BHEL -- Patancheru road, NH9).
BTW, anybody tried majestic chicken from Gardenia Bar(near Kothaguda Jn) ?
Old 8th September 2009, 18:08   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If you dont know, you can buy fish from the Sunday market, near Ashok Nagar(BHEL -- Patancheru road, NH9).
There is another "Major" fish market in Hyderabad which is at Musheerabad which is extremely popular for the variety you get and the economical pricing.

Ironically, my family does not eat nor cook non-veg food at home
Old 9th September 2009, 01:52   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Well, almost. But I am yet find some places that serves good Beef, varieties of Fish(sea food, not the lake stuff), Pork and other Non veg stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
That's a man after me own heart. Well, you can try Yoko's Sizzlers for a decent steak, and Kairali at Gachhibowli for Kerala style chilly beef (I did not like it much, just about bearable). TGiF also serves steak. Seafood is a tougher proposition. Most you will get is pomfret over here. Better to get the fish and cook at home. You can get most varieties like Mackarel, White/ Black Pomfret etc. at Hypercity or SPAR. There isn't any joint serving pork in Hyd AFAIK. If you come across one, do let me know as well
You two got my mouth watering. @ Anurag - TGIF serves some pork ribs etc. Nanking serves several pork dishes. I am not sure about Yokos - perhaps they have some. The chinese rest. between IndiJo and Firangipani serves beef.

Pulsar & I had the brain curry in Rayalaseema Ruchulu once and it was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, big time OT :-

Bangalore Guide started on 12th Jan, 2005
Total No of Posts : 711
Total Views : 38,449

Delhi/NCR Food Guide Started on 7th Aug, 2005
Total No. of Posts: 308
Total views : 17,753

Hyderabad Food Guide Started on 10th Sep,2008
Total No.of Posts: 953
Total Views : 30,020

In 1 year we have accomplished what other cities did in 4 years. Are we only eating is my question...LOL

Jokes apart, this goes a long way to show that Hyderabadis are big foodies at heart

Jai Hyderabad
We do a lot more than eat, we meet, we drive and we make merry. Yes most Hydeez are total foodies.

@ Tiger - there are two lists posted somewhere between February and April setting out several places (one list is posted by me). Feel free to quote and update.

Great place to buy fish is "Sagar Fishereies" a small shop on the lower tank-bund road (just where the flyover from Secretariat) ends on lower tank-bund side. On Sundays go early.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 9th September 2009 at 01:55.
Old 9th September 2009, 08:49   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, check out this thread and come up with your opinions for the next drive meet.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-09-meets.html
Old 9th September 2009, 10:31   #965
BHPian

Hey Ravvs, Avinash and Matt, thanks for the pointers guys. Will surely check out those places....soon
Old 9th September 2009, 11:20   #966
Senior - BHPian

Utupura in Banjara Hills also serves good Kerala Style beef. Check Utupura Restaurant
Old 9th September 2009, 12:38   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, its the 6th Anniversary of Pickles ( Ohri's Outlet), Secbad today. Hence, there is a flat 50% off on the bill ONLY for today. Enjoy
Old 9th September 2009, 12:49   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Folks, its the 6th Anniversary of Pickles ( Ohri's Outlet), Secbad today. Hence, there is a flat 50% off on the bill ONLY for today. Enjoy
Where the heck is this joint----ain't seen any Ohris anywhere in Sec'bad.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:53   #969
Team-BHP Support

Its the Ohri's Baseraa in Secunderabad.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:55   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Where the heck is this joint----ain't seen any Ohris anywhere in Sec'bad.
My dear friend, Ohri's started their business from this very outlet ( Not Pickles per se but Mehfil). Pickles is located in the same compound along with Outswinger Pub and Mehfil on the Sangeet Theatre road, very close to Clock Tower.

Pickles is famous for being the first 24 hour coffee shop in twin cities and there was a time when there use to be an hour waiting period at 3AM in the morning. And, they serve mocktails till wee hours in the morning.

According to me, they have the best buffet in the city ( this assesment is over a year ago).
Old 9th September 2009, 12:56   #971
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the quick pointers----gotta give it a try. I've been to Mehfil a few years ago when visiting Amsri Plaza nearby, but did not spot Pickles then.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:00   #972
BHPian

Just saw in this morning's TOI, Pickles is running a 50% off offer (only for today). Today being their 6th Anniversary(dont remember 6th or 5th)

So anybody planning to hit that part of the city, can avail this offer for today.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:41   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

As most of you know my sis is visiting and will be heading back home on Sep 17, she will be staying with us from tomorrow until she catches her flight.

She wanted to use her final week to indulge in gastronomical delights ( being part of a foodie family, thats not suprising i hope..LOL)

So these are the places i thought of introducing to her in the coming week ( mostly dinners)

Mainland China/Wonton ( Chinese grub)
Punjabi by Nature ( Punjabi Food)
Zafraan Exotica ( Just for the ambience)
70mm/Serengeti ( Again lovely ambience and kids will love the "Rainforest Cafe" type of atmosphere)
Touch ( She wanted to hit a pub after the kids fall asleep)

Is it too crammed?Any alternate suggestions?
Old 9th September 2009, 15:01   #974
BHPian

Good to see active contributions towards the hyd/ indian economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi
I have moved to Hyderabad 8 months back. one thing I can say is, its a paradise for non vegetarians.. I went to most of the restaurents which you all have rated & each one of them were excellent.

So this is my list covered mostly during last 3 months( my wife & daughter joined me in june) & some restaurents covered during office meetings & parties..

1. 4 seasons (Had tandoor chicken & Biryani) Rating 4/5
2. Ustad banne Nawab(pathar ka gosh, chn platter & biryani) 4/5
3. Cafe Baahar (apollo fish, pepper chicken 7 biryani) 3/5 Didnt like apollo fish
4. paradise 4/5
5. Shaadab 2/5 (one of my friend referred as a good place, un hygienic place, but unfortunately I took my sisters family who came from US, apart from food I got angry stares from wife till we finished our dinner)
6. Ohris (serangeti) - 3.5/5, bit pricey, chn platter Rs650
7. mainland China - 4/5, really enjoyed chn fried rice & some deep fried chn (forgot its name) Rs800/2 persons
8 Sarvi - Haleem, we both didnt like that.. may be not to our taste
9. Hyderabad House(madhapur) - 3/5. been there many times
10 Dine Hill - 3/5, Tandoor chn was very good, deep fried prawns was OK
11. Sony Dhaba 3/5 - bit pricey compared to above restaurents
12 Rayalseema Ruchalu - 3.5/5 - Had seema chn, apollo fish, chn gravy(forgot name) & jowar roti.. wife really liked this place
13 Sitaara (next to Bigbazar, ameerpet) 3/5

Now veg..
14 - Shaanbag(nagarjuna circle) - 3.5/5 good place for dosas & Idlis
15 Chutneys(jubilee hills) 4/5 - bit pricey
16 Swathi cafe (near Kacheguda station) - 4/5 nice & simple udipi restaurent

From office..
17. Swagat De royal - 4/5
18 Vilas venue(jubilee hills), few yards from my office & home, decent place - 3/5
19 Kasani GR - 3/5
20 Amritha castle - 3/5
21 Tak Krishna - buffet dinner - so many varieties - 4.5/5

Apart from this some eatouts like
Eat street
Mamus chn
Texas chn
Subway
KFCs (my daughters favorite restaurent, one visit/week is must)
Food courts at all nearby malls..

This is one thread which I keep checking for updates every day..
If some one can summarise all restaurents in one post, that will be great..

Thanks guys.. keep eating & posting..!!!
Old 9th September 2009, 15:01   #975
BHPian

Mainland China went down hill in the recent past. Food just isnt what it used to be there. So Wonton would be the better pick of the two. I personally love Haiking. Best chinese grub, period.

Mainland China, Punjabi by nature and Zafraan are spread out on a 1km stretch of road. Mind exploring other area?

I would also suggest trying out these new clubs that opened in the recent past. Eg. Excess, Spoil, On, etc. Touch is so 2000

Little Italy is also a valid choice if she likes Italian cusine and doesnt mind vegetarian.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks