Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:33   #2491
BHPian

I watched "Grizzly Man" on Sunday. It's easily one of the best documentary films that I have seen in a long time. The documentary is about Timothy Treadwell who spent several seasons living in the Alaskan wilderness with grizzly bears. Ultimately Timothy and his girlfriend are attacked and eaten by a bear and only remains are pieces of their bodies.

The documentary is directed by acclaimed German director Werner Herzog (Nosferatu the Vampyre, The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, Aguirre the Wrath of God etc). Herzog has used footage of Treadwell's life in the wilderness. This is a very powerful film and animal lovers like me can identify strongly with Treadwell because of his love for the creature's he's trying to protect from hunters and poachers.

5/5
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:00   #2492
BHPian

"The Illusionist" It is based on the book Eisenheim - The Illusionist - it's a story about a magician in 19th century Austria and his tussle with the Crown Prince for the woman he loves. Pretty interesting story with decent performances from Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti as the policeman who is stuck between honesty/decency and being the Prince's right hand man.

My rating 3.5/5
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:11   #2493
BHPian

Watched "Inception" last weekend. So i must say i should add this one to my favourite list. Wait a minute, Am i dreaming?
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:26   #2494
Senior - BHPian

The Punisher (2004)

This is a comic book based movie. And i was pleasantly surprised by how got it is. Never knew Marvel had such a book. Its a revenge saga and its brutal.

Overall: Good pace, good direction, good action.

If you like action - revenge movies, this is the one not be missed.

4/5
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:00   #2495
BHPian

Saw "OLD Dogs" yesterday.. must say a very good comedy movie! Travolta-Robin pair has worked out well.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:28   #2496
Senior - BHPian

I am very excited about 2 upcoming movies.

Step up 3d - (Releases Aug 6) and The Expendables (Releases Aug 13)

The star cast of Expendables is mind blowing. Here is the list - Stallone, Austin, Jet Li, John Statham, Bruce Willis, Arnold, Rourke, Couture among others. This will be one kick a** movie in a long long time. And the Director is Sylvester Stallone himself.

Last edited by chevelle : 4th August 2010 at 14:31.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:54   #2497
Distinguished - BHPian

Even i am excited about " The Expendables" will try to watch it first day first show.

Impressive star cast indeed.

I am sad Sly didnt squeeze in Steven Segal, Wesley Snipes, Van Damme ( He turned down a role) and Jackie Chan into this movie
Old 4th August 2010, 16:12   #2498
BHPian

Has anyone seen - Get him to the Greek??

I also feel Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is a good watch;

Guys - do list down other movies which have this Brit Humour with stellar performances !!
Old 4th August 2010, 16:14   #2499
BHPian

Not sure about Brit Humour. But i can definitely list one called 'The Descent' which is one heck of a horror movie. Watch it.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:17   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Has anyone seen - Get him to the Greek??
I did. Its one hell of a crazy movie.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:43   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Punisher: Warzone (2008)

This is even better than previous two Punisher ('89 and '01). Its a dark action movie and it gets gory at times. The bad guys playing Billy and James are quite good and has a perfect role to act as villans for punisher.

The opening scene is super. Sets the tone for the entire movie. For those who love violent, gory action movies this is a must watch. Same goes for Punisher fan. Well i have become one after watching this

4/5
Old 4th August 2010, 18:58   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Watched the Machinist *ing Christian Bale. Good psychothriller. One time watch.

My Rating - 3/5.

Green Zone - Slow and boring in the beginning but half way through it picks up speed. Nice one time watch again. superb acting by Matt Damon.

My Rating - 3/5.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:48   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen the original "Get Carter" starring Michael Caine? I have seen the re-done "Stallone version" and I quite liked it. But I have also heard that it is not a patch on the original. Was listening to the Get Carter theme music the other day and it all kinda came rushing back.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:52   #2504
BHPian

I just keep coming back to this thread as i reminded of yet another movie that needs a mention. And this time its "Paranormal Activity". A movie that was shot on a camrecorder, shot in 7 days, on a wafer thin budget. But something that got the attention of Steven Spielberg and went on to become a huge success. Its scary as hell by the way!!!
Old 4th August 2010, 21:38   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am very excited about 2 upcoming movies.

Step up 3d - (Releases Aug 6) and The Expendables (Releases Aug 13)

The star cast of Expendables is mind blowing. Here is the list - Stallone, Austin, Jet Li, John Statham, Bruce Willis, Arnold, Rourke, Couture among others. This will be one kick a** movie in a long long time. And the Director is Sylvester Stallone himself.
Jason Statham, he has one of the most recognizable voices.

In his upcoming stint he will play a SAS agent who specializes in CQB and has a good hand with knifes. He does most of his own stunts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks