Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 15:35   #6061
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

I had been to FF7 with wife and kids yesterday, first in FF series for wife. She wasn't interested in this movie, but I & kids had to convince her with high expectation setting, but it's been a disaster

We went for 3D version where entire movie looked like it was shot at night and 3D glasses were an irritation. My son watched without 3D glasses. Only 3D movie I liked was AVATAR. I won't go to 3D movies again.

To add to it, too many unrealistic stunts, even Bollywood/Tollywood may think before delivering such to audience. Overdose of flying cars, unbelievable stunts where heros come out unscathed every time, my favorite Transporter Jason Statham has no role to play, what a waste!!

I don't change channels when watching Autocar, Times Drive, Top Gear etc on TV, but I was the one who was looking at watch in the theater yesterday, so boring it was. But I will watch it again on TV.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Last edited by hummer : 4th April 2015 at 15:39.
Old 5th April 2015, 00:43   #6062
Distinguished - BHPian

Fast & Furious 7 : War of the Baldies!!!

If you are an adrenalin junkie who wants only action scenes, then this is the movie to go. Otherwise there seems to no concrete plot with a lot of new actors being pulled in, clearly to make the setup for the next installment of the series.

Also considering the focus put on "family", don't discount the possibility of Bryan junior coming into picture in the next installment.

Avoid the movie if you can - watch it on DVD a month later
Old 5th April 2015, 12:21   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
if you're a F&F fan, don't waste your money.. Iactually walked out of the movie hall before the end credits!
Rating; 2.5/5
PS: I personally feel that this is the worst of the seven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Fast and Furious 7:
I would prefer cars racing to cars being blown up.
3/5. Dont miss it. Leave your brains at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't waste your time watching Furious 7 in the theatre (best watched on TV).

Unbelievably stupid plot, a waste of our favourite characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
So disappointed with FF7, the weakest movie of the series. you need some headache reliving tablets as the movies is just in tune to being pathetic and ridiculous. Not the way paul would have wanted his last movie.
1.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
To add to it, too many unrealistic stunts, even Bollywood/Tollywood may think before delivering such to audience. Overdose of flying cars, unbelievable stunts where heros come out unscathed every time, my favorite Transporter Jason Statham has no role to play, what a waste!!

Totally Agree with you all.

I actually had a headache at the end and had to get a strong coffee to relieve it!

This is the worst from the franchise. Absolutely unrealistic stunts.

What is unfortunate is a lot of people saying how awesome the movie is and is action packed with super stunts.

They either have no understanding of what the franchise is supposed to mean or just crave action movies filled with cars blowing up and flying through rooftops and everything else except the car being driven on actual tarmac which is what FF is supposed to be.

PS: "The Gunman" is a much better movie albeit a bit slow. Watch it if it is playing in your town

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th April 2015 at 22:13. Reason: No SPoilers please, thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 13:07   #6064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post

One thing I'm really puzzled about if in some scenes Paul was actually digitally inserted or not. For example where at the funeral Paul is repeatedly told by the others, no more Funerals, seriously! I'm like it's as if they knew he was going to pass away or something

Saw a review that mentioned they used a body double and cgi to bring Paul into the movie post his death
Old 5th April 2015, 13:48   #6065
Senior - BHPian

Star movies is airing all the fast and furios movies non stop today. Yes all the 6 movies. I am enjoying my sunday at home!! 👍
Old 5th April 2015, 16:11   #6066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Saw a review that mentioned they used a body double and cgi to bring Paul into the movie post his death
The last seen in the car is definitely a body double!
Old 5th April 2015, 18:05   #6067
BHPian

Just back from Fast and furious. Wow!!! I never knew that tollywood movies can influence directors from Hollywood.
So what did I learn from the movie
1) cars can fly
2) people can survive head on crashes without airbags god damm it why is modi govt mandating airbags they should watch this movie.
3) if you are rich you can park cars in pent house alas you can't protect them anyways.
4) you might have heard of ATV, SUV, MUV types of vehicles so far but this movie opened the market for MTV (Mountain Terrain Vechiles &#128540
5) God's eye what a concept, this is a horrific if at all it comes to existence.

My personal rating 3/10 1 each for the masarati, bugati and the custom all american muscle car.
Old 5th April 2015, 22:16   #6068
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note - Guys, please don't post any spoilers, thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th April 2015 at 22:20.
Old 5th April 2015, 22:45   #6069
BHPian

Watched The Water Diviner

Rating: 4/5

Touching story and excellent action by Russell Crowe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Fast & Furious 7 : War of the Baldies!!!
Old 6th April 2015, 07:23   #6070
BHPian

Looks like I am the rare one who liked it. I wasn't looking for a a story line or classic acting. Was just looking to see action, cars and gorgeous ladies. Had loads of fun.
Old 6th April 2015, 08:28   #6071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower View Post
Looks like I am the rare one who liked it. I wasn't looking for a a story line or classic acting. Was just looking to see action, cars and gorgeous ladies. Had loads of fun.
Totally agree with you there. I liked the movie as well. It was total "Paisa vasool"
Though the stunts were unrealistic but that is why we go to movies. We don't want to see mundane boring stuff.
Every second in the movie something or other was going on. My wife was also with me. She generally doesn't like action but she totally enjoyed it as well.
Old 6th April 2015, 11:13   #6072
BHPian

Watched UNBROKEN last night. Extremely well made movie and amazed that it is based on a true story - based on World War II and an Olympic runner from that era
Old 6th April 2015, 19:35   #6073
BHPian

Saw this movie called The Ghost Writer.

Fabulous direction by Roman Polanski. Heavy usage of dark colours in the movie, especially grey. The storyline is gripping and Ewan McGrgeor has done a very convincing job to his character in the movie. The cinematography and locations in some parts are scintillating.

The music could've been better. At times, the story becomes confusing, so you should watch this one with rapt attention.

A fine movie.

Rating : 4/5
Old 7th April 2015, 11:30   #6074
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally managed to watch these two movies and must say that it was worth the wait.

Nightcrawler: 4/5
Jake Gyllenhall managed to surprise me with his acting as the story and direction is just about ok. The intensity he brings to the character is good and his on screen presence is commanding. you just cant take your eyes off the screne.

Whiplash: 4/5
A movie about a music school is not something that makes you sit up and watch. But JK Simmons manages to hold you by the scruff of your neck and make you watch even frame. The climax is very good even though it is kind of expected and the best part is the subtle tones of master/pupil relationship that emerge. totally worth a watch
Old 11th April 2015, 06:27   #6075
Senior - BHPian

Watched following movies

Furious 7

I am going to swim against the tide here, i loved the movie, I went expecting lots of cars, crazy stunts & some good fights and I was not disappointed.

4.5/5

Taken 3

They have taken it too far(pun intended), there is no story but if you like Liam Neeson brand of action you might be able to watch it

2.5/5

Interstellar

Nolan strikes again with a brilliant movie & plot. The attention to detail & confusing narrative is what is expected of his movies & this movie is no exception.

5/5

Wild Card

Another movie with no story line or script but if you like Jason Stathom's brand of action you can watch it.

2.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks