Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2015, 11:00   #6076
BHPian

The Judge
Loved the movie - based on familial relationships and big city life vs small town thinking. Nice to see Robert Downey Jr in a different role, though he is at his usual slick best.
Old 13th April 2015, 10:17   #6077
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched 3 movies over the weekend. 2 at home and 1 in theatre.

Home - Rating 4/5

Home is about an alient called 'Ohhhh....' (Ya thats his name Ohhhhh), whose planet or species (Boovs) has decided to take over earth as their new home and transfer all humans to some remote locale along with their homes and other stuff.

The character of 'Ohhh...' must have been absolutely written keeping in mind 'Sheldon Cooper's (Jim Parsons) character from Big Bang Theory. Half of the time, we felt we are watching one of the episodes from Big Bang Theory, because of the way Ohhh speaks.

The movie is well made and the storyline is very good too. The idea of showing how Boovs' colour changes according to their emotions, is outstanding. After the first half, my daughter had started guessing the colour and emotion pairing. "Green is lying, Red is angry, Blue is sad..."

What would have happened to the movie world without PIXAR and DREAMWORKS!

The Imitation game - 4.5/5

My current number one favourite actor, 'Benedict Cumberbatch' delivers another outstanding performance. He has portrayed Alan Turing really well. His not-so-natural body language, his implicit homo-sexual orientation, his passion for his work sans the aggression. Benedict has really grown into one of the best actors in the world. Love his voice!!!

Its a must watch movie. Although a little sad at the end, it must be watched for the performance and direction.

The Theory of Everything - 5/5

What a brilliant movie! Eddie Redmayne is simply outstanding. He has really lived Stephen Hawking's life.

I have read all books published by Stephen Hawking, so I was kind of aware of his research to a greater extent. But this movie is more about his personal life, his struggling married life and revolves around relationships Mr. Hawking have had. The movie is actually based on a book written by Mr. Hawking's wife, Jane Wilde.

The gradual deterioration of physical condition of Mr. Hawking, his kids and wife gifting an electric chair, Mr. Hawking struggling to crawl up the stairs, are some of the really well shot and acted scenes.

Kudos to the director, and all the actors. The movie is flawless, to say the least.
Old 18th April 2015, 17:06   #6078
BHPian

Tracers 2015 with Taylor Lautner is a fast action packed movie with parkour stunts that will blow your mind. Group of parkour fanatics commit crimes using their special abilities.

Good Kill 2014 with Ethan Hawke is also a very good movie about US drone pilots. Although an old film but if you have missed it, get it now.
Old 19th April 2015, 07:45   #6079
Senior - BHPian

Batman v. Superman Trailer released

Old 19th April 2015, 11:03   #6080
Senior - BHPian

The Flowers of War - 6/10

Movie about how a group of women and girls hide in a cathedral during the Nanking Massacre and a "priest" helps in hiding them and saving them. Pretty depressing movie - good acting by Christian Bale.
Old 19th April 2015, 22:01   #6081
BHPian

Saw The Lincoln Lawyer today.

McConaughey has done a brilliant job as the protagonist. Sparse use of music. Unconvincing co-actors. The plot becomes a tad confusing at times. The first 15 minutes are probably the only minutes which will make you curious about the movie. Post that, it becomes too predictable.

Watch it only for McConaughey. A Few Good Men still remains my numero uno courtroom-law movie.

Rating - 2.5/5
Old 20th April 2015, 19:02   #6082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Batman v. Superman Trailer released

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4
Tell me.....Do you bleed?

Cannot wait for this to come out. Gonna be epic. It's irritating to think we have to wait till next year for it's release.

Guess we'll have to make do with Star Wars, Jurassic World & The Avengers till then.

Last edited by BraveArc : 20th April 2015 at 19:07.
Old 24th April 2015, 17:28   #6083
Senior - BHPian

Saw Avengers 2. In 3D

Is it worthwhile? A definite yes.

Luckily they didn't take substantial time to introduce all the characters- Something which they had done for the first movie.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 24th April 2015 at 17:30.
Old 26th April 2015, 06:39   #6084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Saw Avengers 2. In 3D

Is it worthwhile? A definite yes.

Luckily they didn't take substantial time to introduce all the characters- Something which they had done for the first movie.
Saw Avengers 2 in 3D yesterday and I liked it, though the 3D effects just don't serve their purpose. Being in the middle of such fast moving action with 3D is overpowering and feels too much like a video game. The story line is good and the new characters add charm to the movie. Overall 4/5 but my honest suggestion to all is to watch in 2D and not in 3D.
Old 26th April 2015, 09:33   #6085
Distinguished - BHPian

Avengers: Age of Ultron

I'm more or less happy with the movie, except for the 3d part. Was it really necessary? It wasn't all that good either, I found the promo of ABCD2 playing before the flick to have better 3d. I think its become a fad, and also a way to hide a lot of bad pst production by darkening the whole film in the name of 3d.

That apart, this was a rush. I did not like the "Ok big guy" by widow, and apparently , neither did He!!

Two things that caused the rush were, one, Spader as ultron. Oh boy! That voice gave such character as expected. I just wish there was more of Ultron vs the guys one on all, and more of showing off the actual carnage that he's been shown to bring on them (Series and comics universe).

The best bit of all was Bettany as Vision!! I always thought that with his zero expressions, Vision would be a total CGI!
Brilliant! You keep a watch on this guy. He's a bit of a big ticket guy, in circles, and he's sure to play a bigger part!
Loved it to bits. Loses a star for 3d.

4/5

Blackhat.

Thor the Hacker!
Hemsworth as a jailed super hacker, freed by arrangement between China(?) and USA to track another hacker whos causing mayhem on the interweb, hacking into a pump, yeah, causing a meltdown in a nuclear reactor, when he tries it before the final run.
SOunds exciting, but this flick is SO slow!!
MI4 by satyajit ray, it feels like.

2/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
Tell me.....Do you bleed?

Cannot wait for this to come out. Gonna be epic. It's irritating to think we have to wait till next year for it's release.

Guess we'll have to make do with Star Wars, Jurassic World & The Avengers till then.
This ought to be epic!
One thing, though, kinda looks a lot like Matrix revolutions, dont it?

Last edited by mayankk : 26th April 2015 at 09:39.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:35   #6086

Avengers - Age of Ultron

I agree with mayankk. Spader is awesome as Ultron and who knew Vision could be depicted so well! Saw it in 2D.

Typical Joss Whedon fare.

3.5/5

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th April 2015 at 20:20. Reason: Please dont post any spoilers, thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 12:31   #6087
BHPian

Re: Movies: Star Wars Episode III

Now that Star Wars mania has gripped the world with millions of views and discussions on the teasers released by Disney (yes, after George Lucas got tired of the franchise, he's handed over the baton to Disney) the 7th movie in the series is set for a December release.

This time casting was also done through social media and people with starry fantasies have got roles to play.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has a new cast along with the old favourites, as it is set a few decades into the future after the last, supposedly final victory over the Empire.

As fans would know, May 4th is celebrated as Star Wars day, and it's big thanks to Disney's marketing muscle and savvy behind it to generate more steam to catapult the profits even further leading up to the movie release.

If you are into collecting and playing video games, and memorabilia, this is the time:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/star_wars_may_4_2015

I am thinking of adding more to my collection of Star Wars stuff.

May The 4th Be With You

Last edited by Eddy : 29th April 2015 at 12:58. Reason: Moved to an exisiting thread
Old 29th April 2015, 14:57   #6088
BHPian

Guys,please do not miss Wolf of Wall Street starring Leonardo di Caprio.You will just love it,more so specially if you are into stock market.You can watch it free in You Tube.
Old 1st May 2015, 21:26   #6089
BHPian

Mortdecai

Definitely worth a watch as it's a charming film with new and old money issues, Brit humour, some great action with Rolls Royces being thrown around, unlike the stately speeds that we are used to seeing them, and the beautiful English countryside with its large estates and other locations.

Loved the Art as well as the art direction too.

But no more, as it will count as spoilers.
Old 1st May 2015, 21:34   #6090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Mortdecai

Definitely worth a watch as it's a charming film with new and old money issues, Brit humour, some great action with Rolls Royces being thrown around, unlike the stately speeds that we are used to seeing them, and the beautiful English countryside with its large estates and other locations.

Loved the Art as well as the art direction too.

But no more, as it will count as spoilers.
And, please get subtitles! Depp has gone overboard with the accent. Bettany is awesome in a stathamesque role.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks