Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 21:29   #2221
BANNED

Watched CHOCOLAT .

This movie is supposed to be made way back in 2000.

Myself and my wife just loved the movie. This is the second movie we loved after "Sweet Home Alabama" So clean, gripping and humorous.

Few movies we caught recently, And i suggest others watching them.

SWEET HOME ALABAMA = 10/10 and collectible
CHOCOLAT = will give it a 8/10 and also Collectible
10000 BC = 7/10.
BOLT = 7/10
A LOT LIKE LOVE = 8/10

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th May 2010 at 21:32.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:38   #2222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Watched CHOCOLAT .

This movie is supposed to be made way back in 2000.

Myself and my wife just loved the movie. This is the second movie we loved after "Sweet Home Alabama" So clean, gripping and humorous.

Few movies we caught recently, And i suggest others watching them.

SWEET HOME ALABAMA = 10/10 and collectible
CHOCOLAT = will give it a 8/10 and also Collectible
10000 BC = 7/10.
BOLT = 7/10
A LOT LIKE LOVE = 8/10
Sweet Home Alabama is one my all time favourites. I can watch it any number of times.

If you like such light movies, try the following
- Love Actually
- When Harry met Sally
- Notting Hill
- One Fine Day
- French Kiss
Old 24th May 2010, 21:57   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Saw Wild Hogs last evening, and was very disappointed. I expected a lot from this "All-Star" comedy, but it was a complete let down. It's a pretty dumb story, and the gags are very amateur and childish. I had lost interest as early as 20 minutes into the movie, but persisted till the end since a friend of mine thought that maybe things might improve as the film progresses. Unfortunately, it just went from bad to worse. Terrible waste of time.
Story is lame but i enjoyed it when we watched it in theatre.
Maybe cos of the company which matters
Old 24th May 2010, 22:32   #2224
Senior - BHPian

Had watched the idiotic Movie Kites on Saturday and both me and wife were mood off . Went to extent of deciding that we will never watch any more hindi movie in theater henceforth.
But coming back to topic, had to watch some comedy movie to cool down the irritation level, that why hit upon movie "Date Night"
The movie was very hilarious and helped me come back to the weekend mood.
Rating 4.5/5 (rating for Date night) for kites will prefer I dont rate that at all.

Last edited by xingamazon : 24th May 2010 at 22:33.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:11   #2225
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a couple of movies :-

Harry Met Sally starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan

I am do not like romantic movies but, this one struck a chord with me. Lovely underlying message throughout the movie which is so relevant and apt even in this era which is " Men can never be friends with women without getting sex in between"

How the entire movie explores this theme with the two protagonists is the gist of the movie.

If you haven't watched it, do watch it. Its very nice !

4.5/5

Saw "Taken" starring Liam Neeson on Star Movies last evening

Its about a father ( ex-CIA operative) hunting down the kidnappers of his teenage daughter whilst travelling in France.

Fast paced, beautiful scenary and looks like a bourne series clone.

I was amazed by Liam Neesons swiftness in action scenes considering his age and type of roles he usually does.

Though i found the tracking of his daughter mighty too easy even after knowing Liam's background in the movie.

Nevertheless, some brutal action and nice driving by him in an Audi.

Its sure going to keep you engrossed.

4/5

P.S: Next in line is the old hitchcock thriller " Vertigo". Anyone seen it?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:11   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line is the old hitchcock thriller " Vertigo". Anyone seen it?
Watched it some time back. If you are a Hitchcock fan, you would like it, but I didn't like it as much as his other movies.
If you like Hitchcock movies, then you should check out "Rear Window", "North by North West" and "Psycho" ( still looks fresh after so many copy cat movies ) .
Old 25th May 2010, 17:41   #2227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Watched it some time back. If you are a Hitchcock fan, you would like it, but I didn't like it as much as his other movies.
If you like Hitchcock movies, then you should check out "Rear Window", "North by North West" and "Psycho" ( still looks fresh after so many copy cat movies ) .
I have only seen Psycho till date. And, no doubt that is a classic
Old 25th May 2010, 17:58   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Children of Men for some of the best & most breaktaking scenes ever filmed
Old 26th May 2010, 01:47   #2229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
Children of Men for some of the best & most breaktaking scenes ever filmed
Good storyline and Clive Owen's performance was Top notch.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:32   #2230
BHPian

Watched 'The Road' a few days back. It's a story of the journey of a man with his young son who walk south to escape the cold, unsurvivable northern winter in an apocalyptic world where nothing grows. Few characters, superb storytelling, grey and chilling landscape, loss of humanity in the few remaining humans and the struggle to survive are the salient points. After watching, read about it and then read straight through the book of the same name by Cormack Mccarthy (No Country For Old Men writer). Amazing is one word for the book (a pulitzer winner itself) and decently made movie on that. For a short book like that, the movie could've somehow been better IMO but then, it's really hard to get the world in the novel on screen. Expect to see it at the awards this year.
All in all, a very good movie. Some excerpts from the book:

On this road there are no godspoke men. They are gone and I am left and they have taken with them the world. Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?

Dark of the invisible moon. The nights now only slightly less black. By day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp.

In the evening they tramped out across a field trying to find a place where their fire would not be seen. Dragging the cart behind them over the ground. So little of promise in that country. Tomorrow they would find something to eat. Night overtook them on a muddy road. They crossed into a field and plodded on toward a distant stand of trees skylighted stark and black against the last of the visible world. By the time they got there it was dark of night. He held the boy's hand and kicked up limbs and brush and got a fire going. The wood was damp but he shaved the dead bark off with his knife and he stacked brush and sticks all about to dry in the heat. Then he spread the sheet of plastic on the ground and got the coats and blankets from the cart and he took off their damp and muddy shoes and they sat there in silence with their hands out-held to the flames. He tried to think of something to say but he could not. He'd had this feeling before, beyond the numbness and the dull despair. The world shrinking down about a raw core of parsible entities. The names of things slowly following those things into oblivion. Colors. The names of birds. Things to eat. Finally the names of things one believed to be true. More fragile than he would have thought. How much was gone already? The sacred idiom shorn of its referents and so of its reality. Drawing down like something trying to preserve heat. In time to wink out forever.

How long have you been on the road?

I was always on the road. You cant stay in one place.

How do you live?

I just keep going. I knew this was coming.

You knew it was coming?

Yeah. This or something like it. I always believed in it.

Did you try to get ready for it?

No. What would you do?

I dont know.

People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didnt believe in that. Tomorrow wasnt getting ready for them. It didnt even know they were there.

I guess not.

Even if you knew what to do you wouldnt know what to do. You wouldnt know if you wanted to do it or not. Suppose you were the last one left? Suppose you did that to yourself?
Old 28th May 2010, 20:24   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Watched ' My best friend's girl ' this evening on my netbook.

Wonderful Movie about a guy who gets paid for going on dates and then acting like a jerk and this makes the ex boyfriend look so good.

Starring - Dane Cook, Kate Hudson, Jason Biggs.

Rating 8 /10
Old 28th May 2010, 21:20   #2232
BANNED

Watched

Blind Date = Bruce Willis new looks and the story line is so damn humorous. 7/10

Apocalypse = Nice gripping movie, hardly any dialogues, but still watchable . 7/10
Old 28th May 2010, 23:32   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
Watched 'The Road' a few days back. It's a story of the journey of a man with his young son who walk south to escape the cold, unsurvivable northern winter in an apocalyptic world where nothing grows. Few characters, superb storytelling, grey and chilling landscape, loss of humanity in the few remaining humans and the struggle to survive are the salient points.

Watched it today.Fantastic and powerful movie! Through the entire length of the movie,the atmosphere is always grim,cold and foreboding,lighted only by the warmth of the father-son relationship.How they fight to survive amongst the cold,starvation and cannibalism all around in the post apocalyptic world.
Old 29th May 2010, 12:52   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Undisputed III: Redemption

'God has given me only one gift - I am World's most complete fighter' - Boyka

The Redemption is fantastic movie, even better than first two in the series.

A must see for action fans. Scott Adkins is great actor and a fantastic fighter. The fight scenes are superbly shot and directed. The story is great too. Awesome twist and turns.

I would urge all action fans to watch this movie. My enthusiasm is palpable, but it is worth it.

5/5
Old 29th May 2010, 13:08   #2235
BANNED

Watched White noise = Extremely gripping movie 8/10

Push = Good only in parts, defies logic, not worth it 4/10

Wild Things = A typical Bollywood plot, movie has wonderful twists 8/10

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks