Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 13:31   #2581
Senior - BHPian

2 action movie in a day

The Expendables

Action fans - Rejoice. One of the best action movie of the year. What a movie!!! Loved it to the core. I just wish the theater (Century Theater) had better sound system - a la Inox if not better. But still it was worth it.

Guns, Bullets, Women, Laughs, Explosion and The Greatest Action Boys. A perfect recipe for an Explosive film.

I had great expectation and I was not disappointed. Forget the storyline, the characters and the cast do justice to their role. From the chemistry all superstars shared, it seemed there was no ego clash on sets. God forbid if such a star cast would have assembled in Bollywood it would have been a war.

Special mention goes to Stallone. For a 62 year old guy, he is very fit and has acted and directed very well.

A must watch for action fans. Hats off Stallone. A definite collectible when DVD/Blu-ray will be launched.

4.5/5

SALT

A very good movie. Could relate to Bourne Series since the plot was more or less same. Story is pure fiction but it was entertaining with lots of twist n turns. Jolie is quite good as a salt and is better here than was in Wanted.

4/5
Old 19th August 2010, 15:01   #2582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line is " American Pyscho". Reviews please?
Saw this last night. Though its a 2000 movie, it looked quited contemprary and was a decently made thriller. Story of a wall street executive who turns serial rapist and killer at night.

Christopher Nolan has really made Christian Bale ( hero of his movie) popular by making him star in most of his movies.

Certainly worth a watch for folks who enjoy suspense, thriller and movie with a macabre twist

3.5/5
Old 19th August 2010, 15:26   #2583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
The Expendables

Action fans - Rejoice. One of the best action movie of the year. What a movie!!! Loved it to the core. I just wish the theater (Century Theater) had better sound system - a la Inox if not better. But still it was worth it.

Guns, Bullets, Women, Laughs, Explosion and The Greatest Action Boys. A perfect recipe for an Explosive film.

I had great expectation and I was not disappointed. Forget the storyline, the characters and the cast do justice to their role. From the chemistry all superstars shared, it seemed there was no ego clash on sets. God forbid if such a star cast would have assembled in Bollywood it would have been a war.

Special mention goes to Stallone. For a 62 year old guy, he is very fit and has acted and directed very well.

A must watch for action fans. Hats off Stallone. A definite collectible when DVD/Blu-ray will be launched.

4.5/5

SALT

A very good movie. Could relate to Bourne Series since the plot was more or less same. Story is pure fiction but it was entertaining with lots of twist n turns. Jolie is quite good as a salt and is better here than was in Wanted.

4/5
Caught Expendables last night - it is exactly what I expected!
I hate you - you hate me we do not talk - we blast the hell out of each other!

4/5 from me!

Yet to get a chance to watch SALT. Maybe I shall download/rent a copy when it comes out.

Quote:
Saw this last night. Though its a 2000 movie, it looked quited contemprary and was a decently made thriller. Story of a wall street executive who turns serial rapist and killer at night.

Christopher Nolan has really made Christian Bale ( hero of his movie) popular by making him star in most of his movies.

Certainly worth a watch for folks who enjoy suspense, thriller and movie with a macabre twist

3.5/5
mobike - I am sure if you watch this movie over and over again, you shall be able to discover the different layers. For a start, did he really kill all of them or that was also his dream?
I rate this one as one of my all time favourites.

BTW - Have any of you watched the movie 'The Man from Earth'?
I rate that one as one of the top 5 films I have seen.
Try to download the film and watch - the producer of the indi film actually encourages that!
Old 19th August 2010, 16:10   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Will recommend "The Band's Visit".
The whole movie spans just one night. Egyptian music band supposed to perform in Israel by mistake lands up in wrong part of Israel. Its a story which shows that though the countries might be at war but people are not. Kind of Art house cinema.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:11   #2585
BANNED

Quote:

But American Psycho isn't made by Nolan!!
Old 19th August 2010, 17:38   #2586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Caught Expendables last night - it is exactly what I expected!
I hate you - you hate me we do not talk - we blast the hell out of each other!

4/5 from me!

Yet to get a chance to watch SALT. Maybe I shall download/rent a copy when it comes out.
I loved the one-liners from Expendables. Some of them were really funny.

I downloaded SALT. Its R5 has been released. Its a good copy.

Waiting for dvd of Iron man 2 and Robinhood to release in Sept. Would be great to watch.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:39   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
But American Psycho isn't made by Nolan!!
+1. i was wondering how i missed Nolan's work.

Its directed by Mary Harron.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:56   #2588
BHPian

I am a big fan of the HK movie industry. This started off with Bruce Lee movies, moved to Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies, and then with Infernal Affairs moved to the new generation.

Just watched some real John Woo (much much before Mission Impossible) and now know why Chow Yun Fat was the definition of uber cool for the 90s across South East Asia (much before his hollywood trysts).

A Better Tomorrow
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-better_tomorow_1.jpg

For fans of this genre Hardboiled and the Killer are exceptional John Woo movies; do catch them.

Last edited by manolin : 19th August 2010 at 17:59.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:42   #2589
BHPian

The Man From Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
BTW - Have any of you watched the movie 'The Man from Earth'?
I rate that one as one of the top 5 films I have seen.
Try to download the film and watch - the producer of the indi film actually encourages that!
Yes! Watched it and loved it! I had posted a mini review on this thread some time ago! Brilliant film!
Old 19th August 2010, 19:28   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
The Expendables

4.5/5
+1 to that. this is one of the best action movies i have seen recently. worth every penny i must say. i'm a big fan of stallone and he does not disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
A Better Tomorrow
Attachment 409680

For fans of this genre Hardboiled and the Killer are exceptional John Woo movies; do catch them.
'A Better Tomorrow' is one of my favorite action movies. The movie is Chow yun fat all the way although he plays second lead. For those who do not know, Sanjay Dutt, Atul Agnihotri starrer 'Aatish' directed by Sanjay Gupta was a remake of this movie. Chow yun fat's character was played by Aditya Pancholi.
Old 19th August 2010, 19:41   #2591
BHPian

Did anyone see Vampires Suck ?
Old 19th August 2010, 20:32   #2592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS View Post
Did anyone see Vampires Suck ?
I saw for 30 mins and then came out of the hall. Not my cup of tea. Absolutely stupid. Though those who like spoofs will like it. Not me though
Old 20th August 2010, 07:35   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
The Expendables

4.5/5
+1. I loved the movie as well. The action sequences were good. Liked the shooting from the plane.

The one-liners were really good, especially, "He thinks he is running for President".

Worth a watch.

Cheers.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:35   #2594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
+1. I loved the movie as well. The action sequences were good. Liked the shooting from the plane.

The one-liners were really good, especially, "He thinks he is running for President".

Worth a watch.
Cheers.
I just got back from Prasadz and concur with your views (got bored working from home and took a short break ). I loved the action scenes, especially the plane diving while strafing the bad guys!!

I did not expect to see so many icons in it---Stallone, Arnie, Jason Statham, Jet Li , etc.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:10   #2595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I just got back from Prasadz and concur with your views (got bored working from home and took a short break ). I loved the action scenes, especially the plane diving while strafing the bad guys!!

I did not expect to see so many icons in it---Stallone, Arnie, Jason Statham, Jet Li , etc.
Wow Venu, thats a wonderful way to WFH. I am curious to know what if you need to attend an office call? Will you step out to the rest room?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks