Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 08:32   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Watched Pushpa over the weekend after seeing so much hype all around and my SO is a big fan of the lead actor. Watched it with hindi dubbing and while initially it felt similar to those masala movies later on became such a drag. Maybe the dubbing screwed it up but still found the movie a total waste of time.

Rating: 1/5
Agree! It is a total waste of time and I did not like it. I watched Telugu version with subtitles. Even Fahadh looked like a joker in it.
1/5
Old 27th January 2022, 10:02   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Watched Pushpa over the weekend after seeing so much hype all around and my SO is a big fan of the lead actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Agree! It is a total waste of time and I did not like it.
1/5
Agreed. Didn't understand what all the hype is about. We couldn't get ourselves to finish it and have abandoned it in between. It shows up every day in the 'continue watching' section but don't feel like resuming
deoelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 11:02   #2268
Senior - BHPian

The movie bombed in Andhra but is a rage in UP/Bihar belts. That's where the hype is coming from (as per what I was given to understand)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Agreed. Didn't understand what all the hype is about. We couldn't get ourselves to finish it and have abandoned it in between. It shows up every day in the 'continue watching' section but don't feel like resuming
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 13:02   #2269
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched KaaneKaane (Malayalam) on Sony Liv. Good movie. Pretty serious and great performance by all actors, especially Suraj !

At least a 4/5 from my end.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 14:16   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Badava Rascal

Streaming: Voot

This is my second Dhananjaya movie in the recent times, I have started liking this actor for his dialogue delivery, his baritone voice and his choice of films. The movie story is nothing great to write about, its all about parents love, friends support and a love story all clubbed together to a good Bhelpuri mix. At some places the action scenes are totally unneccessary. Rangayana Raghu and Tara as usual excel in their roles as parents. Cant say its a one time watch.

Rating: 2/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 23:06   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The movie bombed in Andhra but is a rage in UP/Bihar belts. That's where the hype is coming from (as per what I was given to understand)
I think people who already know Allu Arjun may not like it as they were expecting charm, dance etc. This is my first Allu movie and I liked his acting and enjoyed his atrocious behavior all throughout.

For me it was masala and paisa vasool without major screenplay issues.
Ananthang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 10:51   #2272
Team-BHP Support

Bro Daddy - Malayalam (Hotstar)

Seeing the trailers, i was expecting this one to be a movie with over the top acting and a whole lot of timewaste. I must admit i was surprised. Don't expect much from it, and it turns out to be a good entertainer.

Lalu Alex sure takes the cake in this movie, while the others do their part to add to the fun. As mentioned earlier, it's best not to go into details of the plot to avoid spoiling it for everyone else.

I'd recommend this for family timepass.
benbsb29 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:25   #2273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Seeing the trailers, i was expecting this one to be a movie with over the top acting and a whole lot of timewaste. I must admit i was surprised. Don't expect much from it, and it turns out to be a good entertainer.

Lalu Alex sure takes the cake in this movie, while the others do their part to add to the fun. As mentioned earlier, it's best not to go into details of the plot to avoid spoiling it for everyone else.

Completely agree. It was a good timepass and Lalu Alex was brilliant in it. Kept my expectations low so turned out to be a good watch.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:34   #2274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Completely agree. It was a good timepass and Lalu Alex was brilliant in it. Kept my expectations low so turned out to be a good watch.
Exactly!
Funny how we tune ourselves on what to expect.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:30   #2275
Senior - BHPian

Pushpa: Telugu/Hindi/Malayalam (Prime)

I shifted between the audio to watch this movie. I have a bit of contrarian view. I did not get massively disapointed. Perhaps because I expected it to be an out and out masala movie.

I enjoyed Allu Arjun's manerisms. What let me down actually was Fahadh Faasil. I kept waiting for his entry and when it happened, it turned out to be a damp squid.

Watchable in my opinion if you want a time pass masala movie.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:22   #2276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I think Prithiviraj was very smart about it. Most trailers give a pretty decent idea of the plot also also reveal good scenes/one liners. This ones teaser was intentionally vague and I think the sole reason Unni Mukundan is in the movie was to create a misdirection in the trailer. I see no other reason why he was in it

Lalu Alex was fantastic. I mean his response- 'Why are you wearing others clothes and not buy things of your own' to Kalyani's 'This is Zara's top and Tommy's Pant' , age old joke, but Lalu's delivery and expression makes it hilarious.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th January 2022 at 18:24.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 21:34   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Lalu Alex was fantastic.
Lalu singing the song from Bangalore Days and going up the stairs. What a comic genius.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 23:09   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
This is my first Allu movie and I liked his acting and enjoyed his atrocious behavior all throughout.
It was the first time for me to watch Allu and so i enjoyed it too, good masala.
Old 28th January 2022, 23:11   #2279
BHPian

Keshu Ee Veedinte Madhan - Malayalam (Hotstar)

Might not be to everyone's taste, but I fall under the rare category who thoroughly enjoyed it. Laughed a lot while watching a movie after a long time.
As someone who enjoyed Dileep-Nadirsha combo in parody comedy cassettes during childhood, this took me back in time.
rajivr1612 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 23:12   #2280
BHPian

Watched "Madhuram" a good movie Joju Joseph as usual good at his role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Lalu Alex was fantastic. I mean his response- 'Why are you wearing others clothes and not buy things of your own' to Kalyani's 'This is Zara's top and Tommy's Pant'
This was top notch, thoroughly enjoyed Lalu's part.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th January 2022 at 16:56. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
majumon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks