Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 08:36   #2116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

C/O Kaadhal - Tamil

The Regional movies thread!-m_.jpg

Synopsis - An anthology of four unusual short stories revolving around couples who strive hard to be with the one they love against all odds.

Saw this movie title few months back but wasn't really keen on watching it. Finally saw this yesterday. Starts off like any other typical anthology movie and kinda get repetitive midway (which can be a bit boring).

Don't know whether I liked it, but definitely not the worst. Still "Sillu Karuppatti" remains the better anthology movie released recently.

Rating - 3/5 (Available on Netflix)
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 09:12   #2117
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
C/O Kaadhal - Tamil
Saw this movie title few months back but wasn't really keen on watching it.
You should've watched original of this in Telugu. C/o Kancharapalem. The original was good.

Watched Doctor tamil movie. 2.5/5. 1 each for Yogibabu, Redin Kingsley and 0.5 for Deepa Shankar who acted as servant maid. Rest were all dumb. Avoid watching last half an hour or so. Waste of time, power, data.

Last edited by KPR : 15th November 2021 at 09:16.
KPR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 09:57   #2118
BHPian

Rakta Rahasya, Bengali, Hoichoi: 4/5. Interesting premise, nice acting (surprising from Koel), ending could have been a bit better. Technical details could have been better explained

Mukhosh: 4.5 / 5. Only gripe I have is that it could have been 10 min shorter. The 2 Anirbans are fantastic and carry the movie. How the police cover their own was realistically portrayed

Last edited by vb-saan : 17th November 2021 at 11:50. Reason: Spoiler element removed. Thank you!
Old 19th November 2021, 02:06   #2119
BHPian

Churuli - Sony Liv

Just finished watching Churuli and I don't have a freaking clue what it was all about. As with previous movies from Lijo Jose Pellisery, this one is technically brilliant and might be worth a watch on that front.

Warning - past initial 10-15 minutes, language used is pure filth. Subtitles were somewhat benign as many of the choice words used simply cannot be translated!
IndieGooner is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 13:58   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
Churuli - Sony Liv

Just finished watching Churuli and I don't have a freaking clue what it was all about. As with previous movies from Lijo Jose Pellisery, this one is technically brilliant and might be worth a watch on that front.

Warning - past initial 10-15 minutes, language used is pure filth. Subtitles were somewhat benign as many of the choice words used simply cannot be translated!
Same here. Not a clue. What happened???
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 08:55   #2121
Distinguished - BHPian

Churuli - Malayalam

The Regional movies thread!-._v1_.jpg

Lijo Jose is back with his bizarre and unconventional movie. Starts off well with mysterious bgm and beautiful location. It all changes after 15 mins. It's a swear fest from there on. Like mentioned by others, the language used is super super filthy. Right after 15-20 mins, each and every sentence is filthy.

The ending was confusing and it was expected from Lijo - watch closely and you will understand.

Another thing that's interesting is that the climax was changed for OTT release and made less confusing. Maybe they will release a director's cut with the original climax which is even more confusing.

Rating - 3/5
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 09:23   #2122
Team-BHP Support

Haha the social media is flooded with troll memes on Churuli and the language used in the movie.

Especially after Joju’s recent Defender incident. That said, this one’s definitely not meant to be watched with the family; I haven’t watched a movie with this strong a language in recent times! The background score was a bit spooky at times. I’m a big fan of LJP and his works. Yet, this one doesn’t come close to Amen, Angamaly Diaries and Ee Ma Yau.

3/5.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:13   #2123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Churuli - Malayalam
Lijo Jose is back with his bizarre and unconventional movie. Starts off well with mysterious bgm and beautiful location. It all changes after 15 mins. It's a swear fest from there on. Like mentioned by others, the language used is super super filthy. Right after 15-20 mins, each and every sentence is filthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I’m a big fan of LJP and his works. Yet, this one doesn’t come close to Amen, Angamaly Diaries and Ee Ma Yau.
I am not a fan of Lijo Jose brand of movies, the last one I actually liked was Amen. Absolutely hated Angamaly Diaries and stopped watching Jallikattu after the initial 20 minutes or so. But this one (Churuli) I watched after seeing all the negative comments on social media, and I actually liked it . The language is on the extreme end but the movie had that element to take the viewer along for that trip into the deep forest.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:45   #2124
Senior - BHPian

Watched a tamil movie titled 'otha seruppu size 7'.

There's not a moment when I wanted to fast forward any scene. A very different presentation and I don't think subtitles can do justice.
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 23:17   #2125
Team-BHP Support

Holy crap, Thinkalazhcha Nishchayam - 5/5

What an incredible movie! And coming from an entirely new, unknown cast, all of them acted so well. And quite the reality in lower middle class patriarchal households in Kerala.

It’s about a lower-middle class household based in North Kerala, an engagement ceremony planned for the daughter in the house and the events that unfold. The climax sequence was hilarious; almost fell on the floor.

Big miss for Netflix and Amazon; it’s airing on Sony Liv.

Must watch!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st November 2021 at 23:19.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 07:10   #2126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Big miss for Netflix and Amazon; it’s airing on Sony Liv.

Must watch!
Been wanting to watch this since the first review posted on this thread, but its shocking that its not yet available on any of the other OTT platforms. For whatever reason, Sony cant be accessed from where i am, last time i tried.
Old 22nd November 2021, 07:12   #2127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Been wanting to watch this since the first review posted on this thread, but its shocking that its not yet available on any of the other OTT platforms. For whatever reason, Sony cant be accessed from where i am, last time i tried.
Install the iOS app and try. We have it here in Singapore, costs around SGD 13 per month; I just subscribed for a month.
Old 22nd November 2021, 09:34   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Holy crap, Thinkalazhcha Nishchayam - 5/5
What an incredible movie!
Incredible movie making and attention to details. If you watch it multiple times, you get to see several small details that the director took care which connects somewhere. At the first watch you may overlook those. I have watched it like more than 10 times.

Hailing from that very place that film is set, I would have loved to watch it in a theatre.

Wonder why they couldn't seal the deal with Amazon or Netflix.

Director - Senna Hegde

Last edited by balenoed_ : 22nd November 2021 at 09:35.
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:44   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Hailing from that very place that film is set, I would have loved to watch it in a theatre.
I do not have Sonyliv subscription. Their website shows 299/- for 1 month subscription for "Liv premium". Is it the cheapest option? I just want to watch Thinkalazhcha Nishchayam with family. Don't want to take 6/12 month subscription as we do not even use our prime subscription properly.
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:51   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

I have never liked any Lijo Jose Movies-but technical aspects of his movies-especially the sound engineering has always been awesome, even better if you have a good surround system. Just for that, plan to watch 'Churuli'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not have Sonyliv subscription. Their website shows 299/- for 1 month subscription for "Liv premium". Is it the cheapest option? I just want to watch Thinkalazhcha Nishchayam with family. Don't want to take 6/12 month subscription as we do not even use our prime subscription properly.
Taking a 6/12 month subscription of Sony Liv may be worth it. They are slowly building up the regional content and have noticed that many small but good movies are being picked up by them.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks