Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 08:50   #2236
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

You can watch it for time pass, I guess. Mindless, no doubt. I'd give it 2 Stars out of 5. 1 for Allu's performance and 1 for the locations (which pop on a large TV)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Thanks for the reviews of Pushpa guys, I was about to watch it in the last two days, but somehow didn't find time. Now I don't want to watch it. What was the hype all about?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:20   #2237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
What was the hype all about?
Simple...Hype sells! Bombard all social media platforms with one step from Rashmika, one step from Samantha and one dialogue from Allu Arjun. make some reels and other short videos go viral...Then FOMO thing in people kicks in, and everyone wants to watch it! Unfortunately for them, even with all the efforts corona is playing spoilsport and people aren't goin to theatres.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:22   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I watched Pushpa (Telugu) yesterday.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it.
0.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Pushpa wasted my data, time and electric power.
I saw the movie before reading these reviews. Watching a different Telugu movie for the first time, I was Ok with the film. I was impressed with Allu Arjun's acting, call it a first time effect after having watched all those dubbed hindi movies. I was definitely not ok with the glorifying illegal trade for one. I particularly enjoyed the songs minus the visuals.

The film reminded of another film of the yore Raktacharitra which was again based on Telugu movie.

For me the rating of the film would be 2/5
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:32   #2239
Distinguished - BHPian

Pushpa - 2/5

It starts as a good masala movie. But after an hour or two, it becomes tiring to watch the same nonsense (rampant show of arrogance and nothing else) for 3 hours. I watched the first hour non-stop and then completed the remaining two hours in few short sittings.

I don't look forward to the 2nd part but might just watch it for closure.

Last edited by ashis89 : 11th January 2022 at 09:34.
Old 11th January 2022, 11:10   #2240
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I saw the movie before reading these reviews. Watching a different Telugu movie for the first time, I was Ok with the film. I was impressed with Allu Arjun's acting, call it a first time effect after having watched all those dubbed hindi movies. I was definitely not ok with the glorifying illegal trade for one. I particularly enjoyed the songs minus the visuals.

The film reminded of another film of the yore Raktacharitra which was again based on Telugu movie.

For me the rating of the film would be 2/5
I started this movie just only to watch Fahad Fasil act. But that was a big disappointment. That's why I'm giving it 0 star. I can't see Fahad being wasted like this in a movie.
Old 11th January 2022, 11:20   #2241
Senior - BHPian

Pushpa - The Rise:
Felt it is an OK one-time watch. Allu Arjun has done a decent job on the role. And as someone else called out Sunil also has done a good job.
Photography is good. Story is not anything new.

Language: Telugu
Rating: 2.5/5
OTT: Amazon Prime Video

Madhagaja:
Again, good photography/visuals and also a good background score by Ravi Basrur wasted on an age old story which is simply unfit for 2021. Storyline is very weak and Hero mouths some punch dialogues at regular intervals.

Language: Kannada
Rating: 2/5 (mainly for photography and background score)

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 11th January 2022 at 11:21.
Old 11th January 2022, 13:34   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I started this movie just only to watch Fahad Fasil act. But that was a big disappointment. That's why I'm giving it 0 star. I can't see Fahad being wasted like this in a movie.
I guess the maniacness of FF has been brought in the first part, maybe the acting genuis will be brought forth in second part

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Madhagaja:
Again, good photography/visuals and also a good background score by Ravi Basrur wasted on an age old story which is simply unfit for 2021. Storyline is very weak and Hero mouths some punch dialogues at regular intervals.

Rating: 2/5 (mainly for photography and background score)
I switched off in the second half, just couldnt bear the pathetic story. The accent of SriMurali mouthing Hindi dialogues was just funny and indigestible.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 16:26   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Watched Minnal Murali. Since I don't like superhero movies, I was a bit apprehensive starting to watch it....
Is this child-friendly? Am now scarred for life after all the recent adultish malayalam new-gen duds.
Old 12th January 2022, 16:36   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Is this child-friendly? Am now scarred for life after all the recent adultish malayalam new-gen duds.
If I were to write the IMDb's "Parental Advisory" section for this movie:

* There are several scenes of fire/arson including footage of people in extreme distress.

* There is one scene where a child is in mortal danger.

* Many characters die unnaturally (fire/explosion, drowning, stabbed, impalement...)
binand is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:42   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a kids movie? No, it is not. Is it suitable for young people? Absolutely. But if your kid is easily scared by dark scenes, there are a few - so you better watch along with him/her.

If you are wondering whether it is similar to those pretentious new-gen Malayalam movies which resort to swearing and sex just to market their nonsense, then no, it is not.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:56   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Movie: Bhajarangi 2
OTT: Zee 5
Rating: -1
Managed to see till it showed Interval Sign and switched off the TV
I just could not connect with the movie at all. If anyone managed to see the full movie they can comment if there was any saving grace in second half.
You missed nothing. Took my parents to theater seeing the reviews. Was a big mistake. Did the same mistake for Bhajarangi 1 too . My parents wont come to any movie with me now.
rajeevyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:30   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
If your kid watched hollywood superhero movies, no reason for you to be scared watching this movie. Infact my kids loved it and watched in multiple times. And overall its a family movie with no unwanted scenes to cringe about like in the new gen stuff. Total decent in terms of dialogues and scenes.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 10:06   #2248
Senior - BHPian

Garuda Gamana Vrishabha Vahana premiered on Zee5 last night. Do catch it
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:45   #2249
Distinguished - BHPian

K.D - Tamil

Name:  P_HO00007561.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  85.3 KB

Yet another wonderful movie. It was released in 2019, but missed it - Didn't even realize or heard of it. Nothing over the top, just a sweet little movie. Brilliant acting by the two leads but the kid totally nailed it (he won the national award for this role).

Rating - 5/5 (not to be missed).

Available on Netflix.
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 13:11   #2250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Garuda Gamana Vrishabha Vahana premiered on Zee5 last night. Do catch it
Watched it yesterday in two sittings!

Movie: Garuda Gamana Vrishabha Vahana
OTT Platform: Zee5
My Rating: 2.5/5
IMDB: Link

Good performances from Raj Shetty and Rishabh Shetty in this gangster movie with some parallels drawn reflecting on Indian mythology of Brahma-Vishnu-Maheshwara. The blood and gore and violence in some scenes are excessive and my wife stopped watching 25 mins into the movie - not the film for people who cannot see violence. Mangalore and its traditions are captured well. The story telling is good & realistic, length is a little long. Due to the excessive violence - mixed feelings after watching the film - although this is any day better than the "Mass" and "Star" movies being churned out though.

Watched Film Companion South's review to co-relate the parallels to Indian Mythology as I could not grasp the aspects while seeing the movie though.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 15th January 2022 at 13:15.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks