Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:22   #2191
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Yet another Minnal Murali promo. He meets Yuvi this time. Any guess who's next.

Last edited by RR96 : 23rd December 2021 at 14:23.
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:36   #2192
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kadaseelai Biryani

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Don't miss this super awesome movie on Netflix. Brilliant cinematography and a very tight screen play.
Awesome movie! Thanks for the recommendation BB! Unfortunately, this doesn't show up anywhere on the home screen until we search for it. Probably because it is an indie movie and not many have watched it.

Really loved the setting, atmosphere and the bad-ass villain. I was getting Churuli and Varathan vibes while watching!

Guys, don't miss this hidden gem. 4/5
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 17:52   #2193
BHPian

Minnal Murali

I watched Minnal Murali as soon as it dropped on Netflix and found it to be a good time pass movie. The first half is quite fun with the chemistry between Tovino and the young kid playing his nephew working really well. The villain's character arc was good but I felt that they delved tad too long on that plot line - the pace and fun from earlier parts goes missing here. Personally felt that some trimming on the 2.5 his runtime would have made it a lot more entertaining watch. Nevertheless, it's a fun one time movie that families are going to love.
IndieGooner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 19:37   #2194
BHPian

Act 1978(Kannada) on Prime. Rating: 3/5

A movie of a pregnant woman driven to hold a Govt office hostage to get her longstanding compensation.
Appears to be a low budget movie, so if one glosses over the lack of a great set and some bloopers. Watchable movie.
The Regional movies thread!-act1978.png
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 06:38   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Kadaiseela Biriyani 2/5

Based on recommendations here, my wife &I watched this movie

I regret to say that we could not stand it.

The acting is good and the casting excellent but the 'story' and the gratuitous violence were quite tiring. To put it in context, we loved Hateful Eight. So it is not that the violence itself was a turn off.

I found it basically pointless. Nor was it funny enough (it is, in patches).

I cant get rid of the feeling that it is a straight lift of some English/ European movie.
Old 25th December 2021, 08:44   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Minnal Murali: Watched it with family yesterday. Some good funny moments in the first half but pace was missing in the middle. I expected more due to latest promotions by Netflix. They could have added few more funny scenes with super hero character development instead of villain.

Another issue I have is with the place and characters where the story happens. I cannot relate at all (I had the same issue with director's previous movie Kunjiramayanam) and looks very artificial.

3/5 - Good movie to watch with family.

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th December 2021 at 08:50.
Latheesh is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 09:46   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Minnal Murali (Malayalam)- Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Minnal Murali: I expected more due to latest promotions by Netflix. They could have added few more funny scenes with super hero character development instead of villain.

Another issue I have is with the place and characters where the story happens. I cannot relate at all (I had the same issue with director's previous movie Kunjiramayanam) and looks very artificial.

3/5 - Good movie to watch with family.

I have similar observations. Actually I am a bit conflicted. I think it is one of the better Superhero movies coming out of India. Way superior to something like Krish. But then that was given. Somehow the hype created made me expect a bit more.

I think the Villain's character arc was developed well. Hero's not so.

I agree with the characterization and locations as well. While it looked like they wanted it to be rooted and realistic rather than over the top, I felt they faltered to the other extreme.

But still a very good one time watch and among the best if not the best superhero Indian Movie I have seen

Last edited by vibbs : 25th December 2021 at 09:52.
vibbs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 10:54   #2198
BHPian

Watched Minnal Murali. Really one of the best super heroes movie and with the right origin story. I wish they had another 20-30 minutes to the story line to tie up some of the transformation and the loose ends but nevertheless a very good movie.

Last edited by searacer932 : 25th December 2021 at 10:58.
searacer932 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 11:03   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Watched Minnal Murali; same feelings as the above reviews. They could have spent some more time on forming the character arc of the hero. It was almost like the movie was about the villain. In any case, it made me watch a superhero movie for 2.5 hours, something which I have never done in my life. So they did get some part of it right. Though I expected a bit more comedy from the movie, given the director's previous endeavors.
padmrajravi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 15:29   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Another issue I have is with the place and characters where the story happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I agree with the characterization and locations as well. While it looked like they wanted it to be rooted and realistic rather than over the top, I felt they faltered to the other extreme...
Looks like Kurukkanmoola where the story happens is an entirely imaginary world detached from ours. Interestingly, all vehicles including the police jeep have KM-01 registration. Here is Bijukuttan's auto:

Attached Images

Last edited by IndieGooner : 25th December 2021 at 15:31.
IndieGooner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 16:31   #2201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Watched Minnal Murali. Really one of the best super heroes movie and with the right origin story
+1 to this. Minnal Murali is a very good Indian Superhero movie and it did live up to my expectations. Basil Joseph and team have learned from the best of DC & Marvel and have ensured that they give enough weight to the villan and his backstory. It's always the villan who decides the level to which a hero can rise (eg. the dark knight) and I for one am happy that they spent the time they did to craft out the villan. On the whole, I would rate it a very good watch with family this holiday season Hope there is a part 2 planned. Will be interesting to see how they plan to shape Minnal as an individual & superhero.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 19:24   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Saw Minnal Murali. Quite interesting to see a superhero based out of an small town in India. The movie is definitely great to watch & the villain seems to have a nice story arc. Would recommend it as a one time watch. One thing that I deeply missed was the BGM from the first ever teaser. That was a great track and i wonder why it didn't make into the movie.

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but since this is about Minnal Murali, I came across this post from Tovino's Instagram page. Any clue which car it is ? The intriguing part is the small glass roof like portion above Basil's seat area. This seems to be from Dubai as they are currently there.

Last edited by TrackDay : 25th December 2021 at 19:26.
Old 25th December 2021, 19:29   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Continuing my saga with Cho movies, this one written & directed by Cho, fantastic plot & a must watch
This one was going predictable until 1:41 hr, that is when things turned out awesome; spectacular performance
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 21:36   #2204
BHPian

Minnal Murali

4/5

Why 4....cos I gave 3 for Kurup. And I enjoyed MM more and it met my expectations better that way. Had a theatre experience with one of my relatives having a projector setup and a new surround sound system. So invited us all over for the screening. A feel good movie and kids surely loved it. The bg music was really great and gave that local superhero feel to the fullest.

Was a little dragging in the middle areas. As I was expecting some more comedy through out, with Aju varghese and Biju Kuttan present. Felt they could have been given more scenes. However, overall a good watch. Animation and special effects were also decent and well executed. Hats off to the first malayalam superhero movie.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 26th December 2021 at 21:53.
Old 27th December 2021, 00:37   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Any clue which car it is? The intriguing part is the small glass roof like portion above Basil's seat area.
That's the Tesla Model X. The portion seen above Basil's seat is the roof window on the X's falcon wing door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks