Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:13   #346
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
The biggest question being 'What is his fault?'
Just picture this - A mid to late thirties desperate (to marry) man, marries his minor niece (can't understand why local authorities did nothing) and then he can't control his hormones till the girl turns 18. Is there anyone that can testify his version? For all we know, the girl might have died because she (her body) wasn't ready to bear the child. I wonder if any post-martem was done. Are you still convinced that your neighbour is a naive widower?

To be honest, I find this story more absurd than spooky. Please excuse my comment if the protagonist is a friend or someone that's very close to you (emotionally).
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:03   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I live in B'luru behind the HAL old airport. There is a short cut route from my place (called kempapura) to Bellandur, navigating along the Bellandur lake (its a beautiful drive and dangerous as well).
I worked/ lived in Bangalore about 10 years ago around the same area (lived in Domlur/ Indiranagar and worked at Wind Tunnel Road). I specifically remember being told not to venture towards Bellandur lake after dark, especially as around 2003 there was not really too many people living that side of Wind Tunnel Road/ Murugeshpalya.
The reason I was given was a lot of spooky incidents reported from that area after a plane crash at the old HAL airport, perhaps this one.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...sh-hal-airport

I never tried to find out but of all the places I lived at, this one spooked me the most. Especially as I could see the entire area from my office desk every day.

Last edited by selfdrive : 23rd July 2013 at 11:04.
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:35   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I worked/ lived in Bangalore about 10 years ago around the same area (lived in Domlur/ Indiranagar and worked at Wind Tunnel Road). I specifically remember being told not to venture towards Bellandur lake after dark, especially as around 2003 there was not really too many people living that side of Wind Tunnel Road/ Murugeshpalya.
The reason I was given was a lot of spooky incidents reported from that area after a plane crash at the old HAL airport, perhaps this one.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...sh-hal-airport

I never tried to find out but of all the places I lived at, this one spooked me the most. Especially as I could see the entire area from my office desk every day.
That's interesting. Yes, prior to 2003 I don't think many people would have inhabited the place I live in right now close to Bellandur lake (even now it is sparsely populated, the Kempapura village).

I used to work in EGL campus and my office building was overlooking the golf course as well. I was told then that this IA airplane crashed right into the course.

Another speculation is that acres of land owned by the obscenely rich Ramaiah Reddy(?), which Embassy Group has built their EGL BP on, more than half of it is actually a burial ground/site. I don't know if this is true though (but the person who said this didn't have any intention to scare anyone. We were actually discussing about how an illitrate villager had managed to amass so much wealth with almost no education [he was a farmer]).
Old 28th July 2013, 22:57   #349
Senior - BHPian

This is not exactly a spooky one, but strange, as I could not get an explanation on the net. And may be this is not the right thread to ask; apologies. Whenever a call comes on my mobile kept near the monitor of my PC, the browser screen scrolls to the bottom! I scroll back up and it again scrolls till it hit the bottom.

Any interference with monitor or mouse?
Old 29th July 2013, 00:18   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
...Whenever a call comes on my mobile kept near the monitor of my PC, the browser screen scrolls to the bottom! I scroll back up and it again scrolls till it hit the bottom..
I suggest you unplug the mouse & check the behavior when your mobile rings. (I am assuming that you are using an optical mouse with a super sensitive resolution picks up the phone vibrations as movement).
Old 1st August 2013, 14:20   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Just Amazing! You got a sense of making things interesting. Why not a "Trojan Archer"?
BTW, I did not really understand the mystery of the Old Man, while the story actually uncovered an Old Lady???
Sorry for the delay, don't know how I missed it. Thanks for the compliment

Well, to be honest with you, even I didn't understand and I still don't with regards to the happenings at that place.

The only logical explanation which I could get was;
Spirits are nothing but 'Energy' and usually this 'Energy' finds a place where they can be 'felt'.
If we look at all 'such' instances, you would find that there usually is a variety of different 'Energies' which can be experienced at such places. Some of them strong, some dormant while some are weak.
This is what I thought about it, maybe wrong maybe speculation, but the experience - Out of this World

Cheers!
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:31   #352
BHPian

I think now is a good time to tell another experience which happened with me.

The year was 2007, working mostly in night shifts, it was very common for me to travel at odd hours.
I was used to this and in fact preferred the night travel compared to the day time chaos which reigns over Hinjewadi.

Those were the courtship days with my wife and being accustomed to night shifts she wasn't and still isn't averse to night travel.
Once in a while I would drop her home or to her friends place both in Pradhikaran. Its fun to ride a bike in the night.
On one such occasion, I was to drop her to her friends house in Pradhikaran, for the ones who are well versed with the area- the Society is next to a School.

Didn't know then, that this particular night would be remembered and for what reason!

Before we proceed ahead, let me give you a brief description of the said building and its surroundings so that the reader may be able to follow.

From the main road one has to take a turn to enter the lane where the society is situated. Once you enter you will notice that the road declines as we move ahead and that there is a school building to its left and the Society buildings to its right.
This particular building however, is not on the main road, and you need to take an approach road to reach the gate of the society.
This approach road is roughly around 50-75feet long.

The society also has a watchman, albeit a very old uncle who is very small and fragile and wears thick glasses.

This gentleman is a very good natured person and knows my wife from her school going days.

From the iron gate which is about 5'10 Feet High, there is immediately a building to the right, where there is a car parking where the Old Gentleman would sit in the night. After this building there is an open area and then there is the second building.

From the start of the lane, you can see the boundary of the society to your left which runs till the end of the society after the second building. And to your right you have some view of the buildings and the open area.

Attaching a rough sketch of the place.

Spooky Experiences : Share them here-diagram.jpg

The area is/was not that well lit but did have lamps.

Okay, so now having acquainted you all with the setup let me recount the happenings of that night which was incidentally and with a great deal of coincidence the fabled Amavasya or New Moon.

My wife had finished her shift at 2am, and I managed to leave early in order to drop her and also have our regular quota of night riding.
We left at 215am and precisely after completing the 20 minute ride in double the time, we reached her friends society.

Now usually I would enter the building and drop her near the staircase. Since it was an unearthly hour, we didn't want to disturb the residents hence I dropped her on the road and like always, I would wait there till she entered the house.

I saw her walking down the lane leading to the gate of the building, then she opened the gate and then looked to the right towards the parking and greeted the Old Uncle (watchman) who used to sit there.

Nothing unusual, post which she turned back to close the gate, and walked further towards her friends building. That was another 10-15 meters away, and she had to take a right to go towards the staircase. The right turn was my last glimpse that I would get of her, before she went out of sight.

At the turn, she turned back to look towards me to give the customary 'Bye-Bye' and she walked out of my sight and then... ... ...

The moment she had turned right, all of a sudden a HUGE man came from the side of the parking of Building A (exactly where the Old Uncle had been sitting) and turned towards me and kept both his hands on the Gate and was looking at me.

I froze!

A lot of thoughts came flying to my head, didn't know what to do, the place where he was standing was pretty dark, my bike was on high beam, could not clear it totally. I put it on low beam so that 'HE' could see me. Was he a thief? Cop? Resident? Questions were getting answered by themselves

If a cop, then wheres everybody else?
If a thief, then why is he not concealing himself?
If a resident, then what the hell is this man doing at 300am?

I was on guard, now I just wanted to be sure, that my wife reaches her friends house safe and sound. Those few minutes seemed like hours and all this while I could get the eerie feeling of being stared at, though I could not see his face, all the time he did not move and kept looking at me from the gate.

Suddenly, I get a call from my wife. She told me that she reached, i asked her if there was any issue, she replied in the negative and I said OK; I will also leave now.

I cut the call.

I looked very hard at the man, couldn't see nothing. Revved my bike and went home.

I reached home in another 5mins, called my wife to tell that I was home. She was about to cut the call, when I asked her whom did she talk to while entering the building (though I knew the answer) she told me it was old uncle.

Me: Hmmmmm, was there anyone else around?
Wife: No, there wasn't anyone? Why? What Happened? You're scaring me
Me: No, no, I have no such plans, it's just that the moment you turned, this huge man came and was staring at me
Wife: Now I am really scared, no there was no one in the parking of both the buildings, uncle was sitting alone.
Me: Hmmm, he might be lying, I hope he's not hand in gloves with thieves, as at his age, he can't even defend himself, leave alone the building
Wife: Agree, but why would the robber show himself?
Me: True, I had similar thoughts. Anyways, be careful while going there in the night, tell your friend as well.
Wife: Ok, don't worry

Now, with these thoughts I went off to sleep.
Once, up and ready got a chance to drop in to meet my wife.

Surprise surprise, last nights incident had created a wildfire!

While it was confirmed that there was no one in the compound. The question was- who was that person, I was given the following explanation

There was a man named 'XYZ' who used to reside in front my wifes friends flat. He was a loner and didn't interact with anyone, definitely not the friendly type.He also despised visitors to the society.

On many occasions, he had actually carried my wifes scooty from the parking to the road outside, as he did not like visitors parking inside the compound!!!

Due to this, he had many altercations with my wife and her friends family.

One fine day, he just died, and no one knew about it, until the neighbours complained of foul smell emanating from his flat. That's when the cops came and found him dead, later found out that he died of a cardiac arrest.
This man was HUGE!

If You want to guess his strength, imagine carrying a Scooty for around a 100 feet.

Now everyone was convinced that 'XYZ' was the one who was seen by me, why me because I am already infamous for having experienced 'them' before. And furthermore, it was Amavasya or new moon day, unearthly hour and the spirits came calling.

I couldn't believe it, I went to the society and spoke to the watchman, first nicely then roughly for I was convinced that it was a thief (though I had my doubts on that theory). Old Uncle maintained that there was no one in the compound and he remembered me dropping my wife and she talking to him post that as well.

My wifes friend and her parents would swear by the description I gave of the person, that it was definitely 'XYZ'.
Frankly speaking the person whom I had seen was of gigantic proportions and the big gate looked small in his grasp as he put his hands on top of it while staring at me.

I still can't say with confidence of what/who the man really was. But when I look back and think about the overall description, the time of the night, the new moon phenomena and the man himself. I feel glad that nothing untoward took place and that all three of us (wife, old uncle & me) were left unharmed.

Maybe, 'XYZ' is still upset with visitors coming to 'his' society. Perhaps, the truth we shall never know.

But it just creates a whole bunch of mystery on the presence of that huge man that night.
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:50   #353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Whenever a call comes on my mobile kept near the monitor of my PC, the browser screen scrolls to the bottom! I scroll back up and it again scrolls till it hit the bottom.

Any interference with monitor or mouse?
Is this a wireless mouse?? The mobile phone signals might be interfering with the IR communication between the mouse transmitter and the wireless receiver unit
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:15   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Is this a wireless mouse?? The mobile phone signals might be interfering with the IR communication between the mouse transmitter and the wireless receiver unit
Not a wireless, but definitely optical. Will get to the bottom of it once I get some time and update here.
Old 15th August 2013, 19:31   #355
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video.

Old 21st August 2013, 14:40   #356
BHPian

2004/05 - My Friend (a German ) and I were travelling from Bangalore to Kochi along with my cousin. We started around 11:00 pm from Bangalore and we reached near Mettur dam around 2:30 am. Now my friend had to relieve himself and there was no public amenity anywhere. So finally we decided to stop the vehicle as the road was pretty deserted. My Cousin and I didn't get down. In a few minutes my friend comes back and says someone was shouting him to "go fast pay".We were also confused.Just then a middle aged man in Khaki comes to the car and says something in Tamil . None of us knew Tamil and we kind of signal him No Tamil. The guy thinks for a few seconds and says - no stop - go fast - ghost. We kind of rushed from there. Later we found out Pay is Tamil for ghost.

Another Incident about an year back , This time while travelling from Kottayam to Bangalore. There is a road detour near Ayurvedic College Tripunithura which reaches Tripunithura market. Its a narrow road with very less traffic during odd hours of the day. I was passing through this road around 3 am , and I saw a sari (not white) clad lady walking alone . There was something odd about her movements. She was walking very fast, arms not moving at all and she was looking down almost at her feet. I thought she might be on her morning walk , but loose hair and bare feet suggests otherwise - Anyway I sped off from the scene asap

2010 travelling from Guwahati to Shillong. It was getting dark and I was feeling hungry. We had reached a place called Mawlai. I saw a small shop and asked the driver to stop. He said he cannot stop there, as that location had a suspected nongshohnoh ( a hired assasin who performs human sacrifices for a family worshipping U thlen - a demonic snake which brings wealth for its worshippers). And he began narrating incidents of dead bodies and people with necks turned backwards and stuff. Till this day I get a weird feeling while passing through there.

Last edited by JoeMichael : 21st August 2013 at 14:57.
Old 21st August 2013, 15:01   #357
BHPian

There is something spooky I feel almost every night. This area around my house has a lot of stray dogs and every night all of them start barking at the same time - around 12:30 AM. This happens EVERY NIGHT, without a miss.

Two weeks back around 1 AM all the dogs started crying loud. Had heard some bad stories about the dogs crying and this being the sign of 'yamraj's' arrival. I kind of ignored them being a rational person. However, next morning I was shocked to know that an old lady in my apartment building passed away at around 3 AM.

Spooky indeed!
Old 1st September 2013, 13:44   #358
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Today morning, I was uploading an album to facebook and once the upload completed, facebook got into "tag friends" mode and showed me the following screen:
Spooky Experiences : Share them here-face-recognition-2.png

Look at the 3rd image in the first row. That does not look like a face at all. Why did FB's face-recognition picked it up?

I located the original photo. Here's the photo. I have marked the area picked up by FB as a face by a red rectangle.
Spooky Experiences : Share them here-124-dsc_0910.jpg

Why is this on this thread?
The photos are from my June-end drive to my native place. I was generally clicking photos around my place and found a woodpecker in a tree which was right next to our neighbour's house. While clicking the above photo, I was standing right next to the neighbour's house. An elderly gentleman (actually my father's uncle) staying in that house passed away a few months back. My mother told me later that the kin of the deceased have left the house a month later as they could feel and see him in and around the house. After a few months, they are still in Mumbai.

I am a non-believer. But interesting (and spooky) coincidence about FB picking up an apparently random portion of the tree as a face.

Last edited by SDP : 1st September 2013 at 13:46.
Old 2nd September 2013, 01:55   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Wow, someone found the video

This is the video that my cousin had uploaded 3 years ago on route to Chikkamagaluru to attend a marriage. Nice to see the video here. At the end, the man standing does raise a bit of question.

My Cousins were on route to chikkamagaluru to attend a marriage and lost their way and trying to retrace their path, came upon this lone dark road. Question was why was he standing there at 3.30AM and when the scorpio went close to him he did not move an inch.

Can anyone notice that his hands and face are not visible....

-Sajan
Old 2nd September 2013, 07:53   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Today morning, I was uploading an album to facebook and once the upload completed, facebook got into "tag friends" mode and showed me the following screen:

Look at the 3rd image in the first row. That does not look like a face at all. Why did FB's face-recognition picked it up?
Nothing spooky it is error condition for feature extraction algorithm.

If you look at the photo there is high contrast boundary between green and black and if you forget about colours then it is similar to a silhouette in side profile.
Try to imagine a gave with thick hairline in side profile and you can see.

Probably fb algorithm is doing contrast based edge detection and feature extraction.

Most Viewed