Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2018, 11:30   #10861
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

India-Afghanistan game was more worthy of a final! The umpiring howlers ensured it was a tight game.
Few of the key Bangladeshi players are injured so do not know what kind of a fight they'll put up, but you never know the Indian team may just relax & make the final interesting as nowadays they're just happy to compete.
Old 29th September 2018, 01:13   #10862
Team-BHP Support

As usual, India making a meal out of a fairly straight forward ODI game.

Dhawan infuriates me to know end these days!
Old 29th September 2018, 01:15   #10863
Distinguished - BHPian

No Rahul even in the finals is just heights. I hate to see BAN win but if that can take our coach RS, so be it.

6off6 and Kuldeep on strike...Match situation perfect to make Jadhav the Hero today.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 29th September 2018 at 01:17.
Old 29th September 2018, 01:27   #10864
BHPian

Again, so near yet so far, for Bangladesh. Another last over, last ball loss, in the hands of India. That's heartbreaking. But Congratulations India for winning Asian cup 2018!
Old 29th September 2018, 04:11   #10865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Wow, looks like another possibility for a last over finish.

Pandya and Karthik earlier. Who will it be this time? I hope we finish this off clinically (edit: in our favour!).
I told you so

Thankfully Jadhav took us across the line.

Cheerleader repeating to himself in deluded space how well we performed in England. Where is a facepalm icon when you need one
Old 29th September 2018, 09:36   #10866
Distinguished - BHPian

What is he trying to say? I don't have good IQ or he has completely lost it!
Quote:
Ravi Shastri - It's a different format, but I think everyone knows how well we played in England, the scorecard really doesn't show it. This is a different format and we needed to start afresh. I liked the intensity with which we played, we were a bit flat against Hong Kong in the first match, but pulled up afterwards. The biggest plus was the fielding, game after game, we saved around 30-35 runs in these oppressive conditions. We took wickets consistently and during the middle-overs, the bowlers were outstanding, we bowled well with the new ball in tough conditions and then the spinners came to the party. Rohit was a calming influence and it showed on his captaincy. To keep his intensity going even after the start they had, showed he was really cool in every aspect of captaincy, the bowling changes he made were really good, to concede just around 100 runs in the last 30 overs, I thought it was brilliant.
Conceding 100 in the last 30 overs was brilliant but needing all of 300 legitimate deliveries to chase down 222 runs was just pathetic

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 29th September 2018 at 09:40.
Old 29th September 2018, 11:10   #10867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
What is he trying to say? I don't have good IQ or he has completely lost it!

Conceding 100 in the last 30 overs was brilliant but needing all of 300 legitimate deliveries to chase down 222 runs was just pathetic
Look like he is taking cue from the Government

That middle order look so fragile. The fact that we won this series is a miracle in itself. We struggled against Hong Kong, tied or rather almost lost to Afghanistan and scraped through against Bangladesh. Cheer leader is doing a good job by staying cheerful despite all of this.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 29th September 2018 at 11:14.
Old 29th September 2018, 16:12   #10868
Team-BHP Support

I was disappointed he didn't claim India are World Cup contenders based on this tournament. Come on, you have one job!
Old 29th September 2018, 16:15   #10869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I was disappointed he didn't claim India are World Cup contenders based on this tournament. Come on, you have one job!
Wait for the upcoming bilateral series.
Old 29th September 2018, 17:11   #10870
Senior - BHPian

DK dint look that fluent in any of the innings in this Asia Cup. Its necessary to have your top player at No. 3 , but to stabilise the shaky middle order i think Kohli should come to No. 4 . Rahul seems more confident to bat up the order than in the middle order.

This is the perfect Indian XI IMO .

1.Rohit 2. Dhawan 3. KL Rahul 4. Kohli 5. Rayudu 6. Dhoni 7. Jadhav/ Pandya
8. Bhuvi 9. Kuldeep 10. Chahal 11. Bumrah
Old 29th September 2018, 21:33   #10871
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
This is the perfect Indian XI IMO .

1.Rohit 2. Dhawan 3. KL Rahul 4. Kohli 5. Rayudu 6. Dhoni 7. Jadhav/ Pandya
8. Bhuvi 9. Kuldeep 10. Chahal 11. Bumrah
Just replace Dhoni with Pant and Chahal with Jadeja above and we have a world cup winning team right there.

Dhoni is a massive problem, will most likely cost us the world cup single handedly.
Old 29th September 2018, 22:15   #10872
Senior - BHPian

Indian team for the Windies Tests:*Virat Kohli (captain), KL Rahul, Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur.

First time sensible selection keeping in mind not to injure main test players for Australia and giving chances to the worthy.
Old 29th September 2018, 23:08   #10873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
No Rahul even in the finals is just heights.
In Asia cup 2018, DK gets 6 games and makes a highest of 44. While KL gets just 1 game and scores 60. Why would somebody leave out KL?
There seems to be an effort to prop up 2nd camp in Indian cricket team, probably by the disentranced folks within BCCI, who want to see beyond Kohli. Rahul has identified himself as Kohli's loyal and paying the price when Kohli isn't around.
Old 30th September 2018, 00:38   #10874
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Indian team for the Windies Tests:*Virat Kohli (captain), KL Rahul, Prithvi Shaw, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur.

First time sensible selection keeping in mind not to injure main test players for Australia and giving chances to the worthy.
Why leave out poor Karun Nair? Toured England with the team and didn't get a chance to play instead Vihari getting a nod ahead of him. And now he is left out of the squad itself.
Old 30th September 2018, 03:30   #10875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Dhoni is a massive problem, will most likely cost us the world cup single handedly.
Same was said about Yuvraj before the 2011 WC, didn't turn out too well I see.

MS or no MS; no bunch of players in team can guarantee anyone winning a WC. That's just not the way team games and specially cricket works. England (probably the favourite right now) is playing a different brand of cricket right now, India is completely different.

Also where did this new found optimism for Pant arrive from? 1 innings in England in a dead rubber, when there was no pressure? And when he and KL got India in a position to win, didn't he try very hard to get out? Or, maybe he just lost his mind when there was a bit more responsibility?

If it's anyone going who might cost us a knockout game; could be QF, SF or even the Finals, it will invariably be the top order collapse, who fail in such matches. I have written this in the past and I will say this again, India's approach to ODIs has a formula based around the top 3 getting hundreds, taking it easy till 35, then go hard, this will invariably mean the middle order is under-cooked. It is a shame we have't atleast tried the English method.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 30th September 2018 at 03:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks